Recommitted Liam Ryan [OOC 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Paddy Dow, Zac Fisher + Future 1st for Liam Ryan + Future 3rd.

And where did I say he's 100% staying? I didn't. Even posted he may be chasing one big last contract this year whilst he's still 27.

Just laughing at people who use Vic media fluff pieces as a base an argument......or a subtle troll. That's all.

90% of what the media speculate on is just that.

Funny how this Liam Ryan noise has fired up as Brockman still hasn't re-signed with 4 games left. Bloke is playing as if he's checked out already. Maybe Liam's last word was 'take it easy bro, save the magic for next season and Optus.'

Some posts just read more like a tit for tat by some posters getting upset that they may well lose an out of contract Brockman for unders.
Are you just someone who deflects everything as Vic bias?

He was linked by a media member, was spotted at a game. West Coast are in the very very early stages of a rebuild so it MAY make sense from him or the club or both to look elsewhere. I doubt it is a coincidence as much as player movement ramps up towards the end of the year.

You are claiming these posts are a subtle troll or just upset posters about Brockman. I don't think it is that deep, chances are he is probably at West Coast next year, most contracted players don't move. You just seem pretty fired up about a thread that by the standards of the Draft and trade board has been pretty tame.

And where did I say he's 100% staying? I didn't. Even posted he may be chasing one big last contract this year whilst he's still 27.

Just laughing at people who use Vic media fluff pieces as a base an argument......or a subtle troll. That's all.

90% of what the media speculate on is just that.

Funny how this Liam Ryan noise has fired up as Brockman still hasn't re-signed with 4 games left. Bloke is playing as if he's checked out already. Maybe Liam's last word was 'take it easy bro, save the magic for next season and Optus.'

Some posts just read more like a tit for tat by some posters getting upset that they may well lose an out of contract Brockman for unders.
This is a very ironic post, on top of the other ones you've made in here.

You’re in some weird sort of denial if you think Mitch Cleary just makes things up. He’s no schmuck.

Hawthorn played North 3 weeks ago at Marvel, Ryan and his family were there.

Ryan was also here a couple of days ago when he was pictured on Instagram with others First Nations players, and his kids playing with Brockman’s.

Colin Young his manager, was spotted at Hawthorn on Friday.

Colin Young is a media whore.

Whatever he touches, is never done discreetly.

This is a very ironic post, on top of the other ones you've made in here.

Are you just someone who deflects everything as Vic bias?

He was linked by a media member, was spotted at a game. West Coast are in the very very early stages of a rebuild so it MAY make sense from him or the club or both to look elsewhere. I doubt it is a coincidence as much as player movement ramps up towards the end of the year.

You are claiming these posts are a subtle troll or just upset posters about Brockman. I don't think it is that deep, chances are he is probably at West Coast next year, most contracted players don't move. You just seem pretty fired up about a thread that by the standards of the Draft and trade board has been pretty tame.

I treat media speculation this time of year on trades with a grain of salt.

Some people get all excited from it.

When a player is coming out of contract and is highly rated but unsigned. I take a bit more interest.

Some call that ironic.

I call it common sense.

Each to their own.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That being said I still want Ryan. Absolute gun at his best and a forward line with Martin Ryan Mckay and Curnow sounds absolutely awesome if they could all stay healthy for a season

We would not.

Yes. It is a good offer from the Eagles point of view.

Dow is going elsewhere and has extremely limited trade value.

Blues look like moving Fisher for cap relief. And would love to move on Zac Williams as well but that is a big contract.

Really it's a F1st likely in the teens for Ryan. The players are salary dumps in reality.

Yes. It is a good offer from the Eagles point of view.

Dow is going elsewhere and has extremely limited trade value.

Blues look like moving Fisher for cap relief. And would love to move on Zac Williams as well but that is a big contract.

Really it's a F1st likely in the teens for Ryan. The players are salary dumps in reality.
Fisher is a handy player who isn't of need for us anymore imo. He'll have no issues finding a new club next year as he's shown he can definitely play at the level, so as much as its a salary dump from our perspective to potentially look for a player that fits our needs better he's still not on enough coin that it would put his value into the negatives. He'll go for a cheap pick and slot in somewhere nicely but we won't need to pay in picks to get rid of him.

Fisher is a handy player who isn't of need for us anymore imo. He'll have no issues finding a new club next year as he's shown he can definitely play at the level, so as much as its a salary dump from our perspective to potentially look for a player that fits our needs better he's still not on enough coin that it would put his value into the negatives. He'll go for a cheap pick and slot in somewhere nicely but we won't need to pay in picks to get rid of him.

Word is Fisher is looking to stay in Melbourne in any case. So a local team must have some interest.

Liam Ryans value is at its lowest but doesnt mean we ask for the current value.

Eagles need to move on some older players but Liam Ryan is basically the exact last person that should be included in that discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back