Recommitted Liam Ryan [OOC 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

That hasn't always been the case in recent years with contracted players.

kelly, Papley ect

Can,t see how the above trade is in West Coasts advantage at all

There was the story of Hawthorn tried to get a contracted Ryan O'Keefe to the club, they didn't meet the Swans trade requirements so stayed, and then ended up winning a Norm Smith against them

That hasn't always been the case in recent years with contracted players.

kelly, Papley ect

Can,t see how the above trade is in West Coasts advantage at all

All depends on how you rate Brockman.

Id suggest Ryan had shown more at the same stage of his career then again his early years the Eagles had a pretty decent side and won a flag. Hense adding a 2nd rounder to make up the difference. Some Hawksfans vale Brockman as a 1st rounder.

All depends on how you rate Brockman.

Id suggest Ryan had shown more at the same stage of his career then again his early years the Eagles had a pretty decent side and won a flag. Hense adding a 2nd rounder to make up the difference. Some Hawksfans vale Brockman as a 1st rounder.
Most Hawk fans recognize we're not going to get a first rounder for Brockman. I think they're hopeful that Tyler's trajectory is going to be quite high, though.

Most Hawk fans recognize we're not going to get a first rounder for Brockman. I think they're hopeful that Tyler's trajectory is going to be quite high, though.
The proof of what Hawk fans feel his trajectory will be is that none of us want him to leave at all. Most of us feel that in a team with multiple tall targets the kid will take the next step so losing him will most definitely hurt.

If you ask most Hawthorn fans that the only way we'd get Ryan was if we'd have to give up Brockman then most of us would decline as he is a talent ready to launch. The only reason any of us are entertaining the idea of Ryan is because some of us are resigned to the fact that he wants to go back to WA to be closer to family which none of us can begrudge. There's also the outside hope that we're trying to trade for Ryan to help retain Brockman but like all of us we're just filling in the gaps.

FWIW Gavin Bell (Eagles GM) was interviewed this morning

Ryan was in Melbourne because of his hamstring surgery, will be returning to Perth soon.
Still a contracted and required player as far as the club is concerned.

FWIW Gavin Bell (Eagles GM) was interviewed this morning

Ryan was in Melbourne because of his hamstring surgery, will be returning to Perth soon.
Still a contracted and required player as far as the club is concerned.
I speak fluent Bellanese after having a lot of experience with our Bell. "Contracted and required player" can normally be translated to, "looks like leaving but we want good compensation"

I will say this, I wished the eagles picked him up a year earlier. If that was the Case, 2024 would of been Liam Ryans 8th year. Yep a Free agent.

Would of been easier to do a deal if eagles wanted him out.

Free Agency should be down to 6 years. William Rioli was traded for pick 32 wasnt he? Had he been a free agent, Eagles would of got pick 20-23 instead.

I will say this, I wished the eagles picked him up a year earlier. If that was the Case, 2024 would of been Liam Ryans 8th year. Yep a Free agent.

Would of been easier to do a deal if eagles wanted him out.

Free Agency should be down to 6 years. William Rioli was traded for pick 32 wasnt he? Had he been a free agent, Eagles would of got pick 20-23 instead.

Cause and effect for Ryan.

Not being drafted gave him a wake up call to improve his fitness as he was only seen as a lead up undersized full forward prior to that. I was sceptical us drafting him, but he has been a pleasant surprise and shown how dangerous he can be when he's released further up the ground with his field kicking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back