Roast Liam Ryan racially abused on Instagram

Remove this Banner Ad

Used his real name for his Instagram handle. How ******* stupid can you get

Also has neck tatts quite surprisingly
Pretty dumb indeed. But as for the other one with both the racist comment and username, harder to find. Hopefully he/she can be tracked down also. And with a username like that a more severe punishment if a club member is warranted. If not a club member of game attendee then other than a name and shame, not sure what punishment can be made.

Good on the club for the way it has handled this, and good on the other clubs for getting on board.

And thanks to non WCE supporters who have come across to places such as this and given their support.

Extremely proud of the club and it’s stance and also the broader footy community.
I played in an era where this kind of stuff was rife and I look back now that I myself was guilty. We were not educated and lacked total compassion and it’s a time of my life I am not proud of. There simply is no excuse for it now and there should not of been one back then.
I have been very fortunate in my footy career that I grew up and became a senior coach and coached many talented indigenous players and worked closely with a couple of indigenous assistant coaches. I learnt so much about their culture and their struggles and also their achievements.
It’s not to late for anyone to learn and I have been very strong on this as a parent. It is not acceptable and we should all call it out.
Well done again to our club.

I see why people would say ‘ignore the trolls, the attention is all they want’. However, the behaviour you walk past is the behaviour you accept.

They don’t want this level of attention, they want to be noticed by a few people and ruin their day. They don’t want to be contacted by the newspaper, or have their name made public and potentially impacting their work etc etc.

They’re in it to be assholes and ruin someone’s day, not to have it flipped back on them. Keep calling it out.
Yep fair point, you've changed my mind

Pretty dumb indeed. But as for the other one with both the racist comment and username, harder to find. Hopefully he/she can be tracked down also. And with a username like that a more severe punishment if a club member is warranted. If not a club member of game attendee then other than a name and shame, not sure what punishment can be made.

Good on the club for the way it has handled this, and good on the other clubs for getting on board.

And thanks to non WCE supporters who have come across to places such as this and given their support.
We have 2 sorts of trolls here. One on the net using his own account has posted something vile and stupid, possibly while drunk, or on the spur of the moment. The other has created a racist burner account, in order to post things like this without being tracked down.

The AFL can do something about the former, but not really about the latter. People inclined to be the former can also be educated to not, or warned off by the consequences. The latter can not. His account is created deliberately to cause racist tension, and foster hate speech.

We have 2 sorts of trolls here. One on the net using his own account has posted something vile and stupid, possibly while drunk, or on the spur of the moment. The other has created a racist burner account, in order to post things like this without being tracked down.

The AFL can do something about the former, but not really about the latter. People inclined to be the former can also be educated to not, or warned off by the consequences. The latter can not. His account is created deliberately to cause racist tension, and foster hate speech.
Genuine losers in life have fake accounts to troll. I see this heaps with subcontinent cricket fans. Pitty ICC never checks on but subcontinent fans are some of the most racist cricket fans going around (its mostly to each other).

I reckon everyone with an indigenous guernsey should wear it on Saturday as a show of support to Ryan, Rioli, Jetta, JacksonWatson and all our indigenous boys.

This is a good idea. Maybe it should be passed onto the club.

It also won’t surprise me if the club decides to wear its Indigenous kit this weekend anyway.

Surely, surely, surely... even the most stupid person would know by now that this is racist, inappropriate and will be vilified. And surely, this ****head has made up a name and not posted under his real name. Is it possible that there is someone this stupid left on the planet?

I just hope he never breeds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back