Aug 5, 2007
Royal Pde
AFL Club
Carlton
Ahead of your captain?
So Williams, Saad and stocker as the smalls
Doc on the bench
Then Weitering, Plowman and whoever replaces Jones out of mcgovern/young
Something like that. Doc is coming back from chemo so unknown his timeframe to full strength/fitness.
Unclear who our wings will be and Williams might push up there on the back of some work he's apparently putting in pre-preseason

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Ahead of your captain?
So Williams, Saad and stocker as the smalls
Doc on the bench
Then Weitering, Plowman and whoever replaces Jones out of mcgovern/young

Docherty has just finished chemo.

Going to be a decent period of time before he’s playing footy, and he clearly hasn’t been the same player the past couple of years after his double ACL.

That being said I don’t expect Stocker to spend anywhere near as much time in defence next year. The focus is still to play him in the midfield.

Nutjob

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Massive question marks on SOS as a recruiter. He rated Stocker top 6 in the 2018 draft. Not saying he won’t be a player, but seriously that is messed up.

SPS gone, O’Brien delisted, Dow struggling, it’s a bit of a worry.

A lot of flops at GWS that he backed over again at Carlton as well.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle

Going to be a decent period of time before he’s playing footy, and he clearly hasn’t been the same player the past couple of years after his double ACL.

That being said I don’t expect Stocker to spend anywhere near as much time in defence next year. The focus is still to play him in the midfield.
Walsh, Cerra and Cripps is an awesome midfield group.

Not sure how you fit Stocker, Dow, Settlefield, E Curnow, Martin, Hewett, Kennedy, Fisher, Kemp, Philip, Williams, Cunningham and Carroll. Great depth but seriously can't play all of them.

Dow and E Curnow I think are in front of Stocker. Structurally you need outside runners. Not sure would be a great winger, maybe he could be a skinny side winger like Angus Brayshaw.

Not sure he gets a game unless he plays back either full time or part time.

I think the issue is he isn’t going to play on the ball with the likes of Walsh, cripps, Hewett, Cerra and even Ed who can tag

so he’d be gunning for a wing spot then

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
I think the issue is he isn’t going to play on the ball with the likes of Walsh, cripps, Hewett, Cerra and even Ed who can tag

so he’d be gunning for a wing spot then

Teams typically rotate quite a few players through the midfield - Stocker wont be any different.

Cerra is more likely to sit on a wing, but I think we'd prefer him up at the stoppages.

Docs back training now

Decent amount of time til round 1 in March so reckon he’d be a good chance to play

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Hodge was an excellent reader of the play and a raking kick. Not sure Stocker has those qualities.

He does read the play actually very well and is courageous as they come

He does need to work on his fitness/pace and kicking obviously.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
You obviously haven’t watched a lot of Stocker.

He is a natural footballer and has a booming kick.

Edit -

Are you having a laugh? There is one good kick to start that highlights package then no intercept possessions nor 'booming kicks'. If you're going to stand by this ridiculous Hodge call I could take Jake Boweys highlights from this year and also make that claim. Maybe wait until Stocker actually has a good AFL season before he is compared to a legitimate legend of the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Are you having a laugh? There is one good kick to start that highlights package then no intercept possessions nor 'booming kicks'. If you're going to stand by this ridiculous Hodge call I could take Jake Boweys highlights from this year and also make that claim. Maybe wait until Stocker actually has a good AFL season before he is compared to a legitimate legend of the game.

There are very few kicks in that package that aren’t 50m roosts, including one long goal that travels 60 metres door-to-door.

No one is claiming Stocker is as good as Hodge, but stylistically it’s a decent starting point. All we were doing were comparing footballing traits, and your comment that Stocker doesn’t have a ‘raking kick’ is completely wrong - it’s one of his assets as shown in just a couple minute of footy.

You didn’t say anything specifically about intercept possessions, just that you didn’t think he is a strong reader of the play which is incorrect again.

No one would expect you to have a wealth of knowledge on Stocker, and it’s certainly shown here.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
"One of"
Surely that's not too hard to understand?

Mate. It's December. That was October.

Since that post Liam Jones has gone full anti-vaxx and retired, Perth has lost the Ashes, we've got a new Coronavirus variant, and DeGoey hadn't assaulted anyone in NYC yet.

Probably didn't warrant a reply this far after the fact.

Cripps 'n' Blue Bloods

Sir Cripps of Carlton House
Mar 26, 2015
Bendigo
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Tigers, Bendigo Braves, OKC
Mate. It's December. That was October.

Since that post Liam Jones has gone full anti-vaxx and retired, Perth has lost the Ashes, we've got a new Coronavirus variant, and DeGoey hadn't assaulted anyone in NYC yet.

Probably didn't warrant a reply this far after the fact.
Idiocy has no time limit. To be honest, your reply to the original post probably wasn't warranted either, as 'one of the first picked' pretty much implies that there would be some others picked first.

I actually didn't notice the date until after I responded.

Nov 3, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sandringham Zebras, Melbourne Renegades
Let’s be honest though Stocker isn’t close to one of the first picked in Carlton’s side.

He has plenty of scope to improve and I like his game but he wouldn’t be in the top 25-30 players in his position in the comp.
Ask any Carlton supporter, and he'd easily be in our top 5-10 first picked each week.

northeasttiger

Senior List
Sep 19, 2007
wodonga
AFL Club
Richmond
Richmond picked RCD after Stocker and it looks as if he has finally built an AFL standard tank if the preseason reports are true.(fingers crossed)

His tank was his biggest issue as it restricted him from applying his defensive game. ( he is good offensively)

Stocker should have his tank up to standard this year otherwise he may end up being a back flank who can rotate through the middle.

HereComesJuddy

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
That’s a big wrap on Stocker, but also an indictment on the list. I’d have him in the best 22 but to have him even close to your top 5 picked is laughable.
han-solo-harrison-ford.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back