Draft Profile - Liam Stocker | Page 14 | BigFooty

Draft Profile Liam Stocker

Discussion in 'Drafts, Trading & Free Agency' started by Lore, Oct 30, 2018.

1. jooce8891

jooce8891 All Australian

Carlton
    iirc port are paying for half of his salary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. Rich01

Rich01 Norm Smith Medallist

Richmond
    Other Teams:
    Richmond
    Typical bigfooty ITK posters.

Bolton even stated in the video they rated him at six.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018 at 10:20 PM
    Ambrosia likes this.
  3. bmaurizio

bmaurizio Premiership Player

Carlton
    Disagree Newman and Bugg can interchange as midfielders , absorb impact and add grunt they’re descent taking the pressure of Cripps, Kennedy , SPS , Dow, Fisher , Walsh , O’Brien perhaps Setterfield. Also releasing Murphy, Simpson or Thomas as small forwards too.
    Exoecting Fasolo and McGovern to help forward line no doubt. It’s all about options and flexibility. I’m not saying we’ll play finals yet but it’s a step in the right direction. Silvagni , Agresta, Brodie did well

RobR likes this.
  4. bmaurizio

bmaurizio Premiership Player

Carlton
    GWS, Saints, reasonable possibilities are Freo, Bulldogs and Port.
    We start gingerly again at least until new additions amalgamate better, we’ll be stronger 2nd half off the season certainly next year.

5. Farktherest

Farktherest Brownlow Medallist

Carlton
    All of us here are experts based on a 2 minute youtube highlights clip and using Twomey/Knightmare phantom drafts to know where a player should go.

Shaz2012 likes this.
  6. The Falcon Strike

The Falcon Strike Hall of Famer

West Coast
    You could argue that the other very well resourced clubs that had 18 picks ahead of stocker - might give a fair indication

Given Carlton’s history of poor talent over the past 15 years - you’d hardly back them over the collective wisdom of the other clubs

7. Red Bull

Red Bull Norm Smith Medallist

Carlton
    Hughes i believe is now at st.kilda and Rogers is flipping burgers in the lions canteen.
    The talent Silvagni has added since his arrival is there too see for those who care too look , its completely different level ...

8. the nail

the nail Rookie

Carlton
    spot on...hughes and rodgers,left a train wreck of a mess,sos has done a brilliant job,hes basically had to start us a new club ,,,,,i think all these kids need are game time together.

Brutalitops and RobR like this.
  9. year of the cat

year of the cat Brownlow Medallist

Geelong
    If Silvagni had done a brilliant job you still wouldn’t be languishing at the bottom of the ladder. The host of second rate GWS castaways he’s brought into the club is ample evidence of a guy that really hasn’t learnt a thing. First, he drafts them whilst at GWS, then, even when GWS are happy to part with them, trades for them again! It’s mind blowing and quite lazy recruiting. Bringing in both his sons also smacks of nepotism.

Silvagni comes across as a thoroughly unimpressive individual intellectually. Just hope that the Blues keep him as the longer he’s there the less likely you guys are to be a force again. He was a great footballer. But terrible list manager.

10. dlb99

dlb99 Club Legend

Carlton
    Bolton said 8 in the Sam Walsh video of a couple weeks ago.

Clearly he misspoke in that video, he meant 6 as the noted in the inner-sanctum video of last night.

11. dlb99

dlb99 Club Legend

Carlton
    Ok, you know best :think:

the nail likes this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. Isaac Cumming No 1

Isaac Cumming No 1 Premium Platinum

GWS
    I wish you well for a good season. If you finish above us you'll likely get a home QF, that would be a big rise.

13. Mofra

Mofra Moderator

Western Bulldogs
    Other Teams:
    Footscray, The Exers
    Quite a few of us watch the champs but then again we don't get to see some of the top prospects (e.g. Caldwell) or know just how well some kids finish their TAC year off (Bont, Oliver).

14. RedFury

RedFury Club Legend

Carlton
    Wow another Carlton expert who has totally nailed us based on opinion that feels like it's been almost entirely lifted from poorly researched journo articles.

There is something lazy here but it ain't sos.

15. year of the cat

year of the cat Brownlow Medallist

Geelong
    Would you mind pointing out the bits “lifted from poorly researched journo articles”?

I don’t think any of the facts that I posted are indisputable.

16. Blues_Man

Blues_Man Brownlow Medallist

Carlton
    Post makes zero sense

17. Marcel Proust

Marcel Proust Senior List

Richmond
    No, not really; the betting people are the market. Without them there isn't sports betting outside of your mates down the pub or banter on websites like this.

betting odds are largely based on the reality of the competition. Carlton are ranked bottom two and Adelaide top 8 because they are a pretty bad and good football teams respectively.

To say otherwise is clutching at straws big time.

18. Marcel Proust

Richmond
    Many people don't think so. Carlton fans typing 'everyone won' consistently doesn't make it so

19. Socrates2

Socrates2 Club Legend

Richmond
    What i mean is everytime he makes a clanger, Carlton supporters will say 'we could have had pick 2 in the 2019 draft instead of him', unless you think you will finish higher than 17th.

Marcel Proust likes this.
  20. Big_Luch

Big_Luch Club Legend

Carlton
    Which gws players can we put a line through as terrible decisions? Please don't include the players brought into supplement senior depth(we had none which sos cannot be blamed for) or used as salary dumps to get the key piece of the trade done.

21. The Falcon Strike

The Falcon Strike Hall of Famer

West Coast
    I'm looking and I see an 18th place finish.

At some point when you get the first pick in the draft for half a decade - you are going to get something decent.

Marcel Proust likes this.
  22. Arr0w

Arr0w Brownlow Medallist

Carlton
    You really are struggling with how betting markets are formed and fluctuate.

Brutalitops likes this.
  23. Alphonse_

Alphonse_ Debutant

Carlton
    Well we won't know for a while.

Pretty ridiculous to make claims about any draftees and trades before a ball has been kicked in anger.

To SOS and Bolton's credit, they have been open and transparent about rebuilding the footy from the ground up, Mick Malthouse gutted the club, and it would have been easy for him to try trade early picks for established stars, which whilst meaning we wouldn't bottom out, would be stuck in a Gold Coast/St Kilda cycle of mediocrity/not going anywhere.

Calling him a crap recruiting manager makes no sense, when he plucked out Zac Fisher as a 2nd round pick. (The lad is going to be one helluva weapon)

Most (informed) Carlton fans are very happy with how our list is shaping up, its not that far away from being very decent .

Our injury toll last year was unprecedented in all my years following footy, we lost the one player after Cripps we could have least afforded to all season in Docherty.

SOS is a much more shrewd operator than many of his critics think, getting a former top 6 pick (Setterfield) for basically peanuts is a good example of this, plus he kept Essendon and Dodoro honest in giving up 2 first rounders for Dylan Shiel.

24. Marcel Proust

Richmond
    I have a fairly decent understanding. I merely find it humorous you are attempting to explain away Carlton being rated the worse team in 2019, outside of the Suns via "read biased fans in many many cases". A small minority of fans influence the market very slightly by dumb bets on their clubs via fanboiism etc by and large its a pretty good guide to the general competition. To disregard Stocker vs pick 2 by arguing betting markets are not based on reality is short sighted.

Yes well obviously. The guy isnt going to be drafted for 12 months.

I am not an informed Carlton fan. However If i were I would be worried being the worse team in the competition (spoon) to be drafting & trading a needs based mentality rather than the best available talent.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018 at 12:26 PM
  25. Arr0w

Arr0w Brownlow Medallist

Carlton
    What is humorise is how you are referencing betting markets as a means of determining a finishing position, just as they got it wrong before the start of last year

How about you give me your opinion as to where we will finish