Draft Profile Liam Stocker

Remove this Banner Ad

Who yanked your chain? Begone troll.

Are you five years old? Might be time to grow up buddy.

So you think Smith is Better than Walsh as well?
Where did I say that? Having a different opinion especially when someone (Knightmare) watches these kids far more than anyone here and does it for ESPN he's hardly going to let bias influence his work. Does it mean he's right? Time will tell but just to label someone bias because they don't rate what your club did is petty as f***.

Where did I say that? Having a different opinion especially when someone (Knightmare) watches these kids far more than anyone here and does it for ESPN he's hardly going to let bias influence his work. Does it mean he's right? Time will tell but just to label someone bias because they don't rate what your club did is petty as f***.

He has a history of doing so. Its akin to citing a Caroline Wilson article to a North supporter.

Well you jumped in and backed the other poster and now you more or less say you haven't got an opinion. What was the point?

So you have an outdated article written at the start of the season and one written by a Bigfooty poster who is a staunch Collingwood supporter. I feel the criteria of "no one" has been satisfied.

Maybe avoid the word "literally" next time if you don't want what you say to be taken literally.

Well you jumped in and backed the other poster and now you more or less say you haven't got an opinion. What was the point?

I didn't back anyone, I merely pointed out that not blowing smoke up Carlton is not having a bias against them and of course Carlton supporters get overly defensive because people aren't agreeing with them.

Dez likes trolling Carlton but often finds he has to ride on the coattails of more successful trolls. He's harmless.

No, Carlton aren't worth trolling.

So you have an outdated article written at the start of the season and one written by a Bigfooty poster who is a staunch Collingwood supporter. I feel the criteria of "no one" has been satisfied.

He gets paid for his opinion by ESPN.

before the draft he said he was very high on RCD and afterwards said it was odd Carlton made the trade then selected Stocker over RCD. Seems fairly consistent to me

I didn't back anyone, I merely pointed out that not blowing smoke up Carlton is not having a bias against them and of course Carlton supporters get overly defensive because people aren't agreeing with them.

You think rating Smith as a better draft pick than Walsh doesnt indicate bias? Knightmare only threw him in as theres no basis for drafting Lukosius over a midfielder given our KPF depth. We needed midfielders and the next highly rated midfielder was Smith. Maybe without the achilles injury he may have gone higher, but as it stands he'll have a restricted preseason. Whereas Walsh is running in Curnow's group and is setting an impressive pace.

You think rating Smith as a better draft pick than Walsh doesnt indicate bias? Knightmare only threw him in as theres no basis for drafting Lukosius over a midfielder given our KPF depth. We needed midfielders and the next highly rated midfielder was Smith. Maybe without the achilles injury he may have gone higher, but as it stands he'll have a restricted preseason. Whereas Walsh is running in Curnow's group and is setting an impressive pace.

My view is not drafting Lukosius @ 1 was a mistake

He gets paid for his opinion by ESPN.

before the draft he said he was very high on RCD and afterwards said it was odd Carlton made the trade then selected Stocker over RCD. Seems fairly consistent to me

Its a clickbait article offering no real substance or insight. Smith was carrying an achilles injury which are tricky. Im not even sure Knightmare believes what he wrote there.

Because thats what Carlton needs most, another KPF. The only other draftee we were seriously considering was Max King, however he had the unfortunate injury and he dropped a few spots. This was early on in the year before Walsh made the strides he did through the season.

No. We needed midfield depth who could develop faster than an injured Smith. Smith may end up the better player overall, but we needed midfielders who develop sooner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why? Carlton needed another midfielder and 10 recruiters said they would have taken Walsh at 1. We had plenty of key forwards and just traded McGovern in. PS Last time i checked Knightmare was not a recruiter.

10 club recruiters said they would've taken Walsh at 1, all the others had Lukosius or Rankine, no one said Smith. I'm starting to think your still dirty that Lukosius or Rankine didn't get to Adelaide. Carlton got the player they wanted.
You and the other carlton posters on here have totally missed the entire context of my comments. I will spell it out again in that as we know SOS wanted stocker and traded out to get him, surely trading down the 2018 pick 1 to get a couple of 1st rounders would have enabled your club to net a top mid + stocker AND retain your 2019 1st that as you all happily point out would have been used to trade for a player anyway. Now that 2019 1st could very well be pick 1 or 2 and if you are trying to lure someone like kelly, you are going to also need to satisfy GWS who are much much more likely to want to deal with your club as they know a probable pick 1 or 2 is there on the table. Now you have what will likely be a late 1st rounder that you are going to have to add to with more future high end picks to trade. All because of a fixation on walsh over a smith or caldwell who were also rated very highly by all clubs. As for me we have your 1st and 2nd rounders and will add to our list with some topline kids or maybe trade for a player we want. I think SOS made the wrong pick trade personally

You and the other carlton posters on here have totally missed the entire context of my comments. I will spell it out again in that as we know SOS wanted stocker and traded out to get him, surely trading down the 2018 pick 1 to get a couple of 1st rounders would have enabled your club to net a top mid + stocker AND retain your 2019 1st that as you all happily point out would have been used to trade for a player anyway. Now that 2019 1st could very well be pick 1 or 2 and if you are trying to lure someone like kelly, you are going to also need to satisfy GWS who are much much more likely to want to deal with your club as they know a probable pick 1 or 2 is there on the table. Now you have what will likely be a late 1st rounder that you are going to have to add to with more future high end picks to trade. All because of a fixation on walsh over a smith or caldwell who were also rated very highly by all clubs. As for me we have your 1st and 2nd rounders and will add to our list with some topline kids or maybe trade for a player we want. I think SOS made the wrong pick trade personally
Mmmm

The 2019 second round pick landing with you has nothing to do with the Blues, other than they it touts for Setterfield. He seems to be on track to deliver value in that trade.

We gave it to you because we wanted Hill and Briggs and if it was in our lap when a bid on Briggs came we would have to use it. Good trading by the Crows but it worked for us, we got both.

Mmmm

The 2019 second round pick landing with you has nothing to do with the Blues, other than they it touts for Setterfield. He seems to be on track to deliver value in that trade.

We gave it to you because we wanted Hill and Briggs and if it was in our lap when a bid on Briggs came we would have to use it. Good trading by the Crows but it worked for us, we got both.
For sure..i know why you did the trade and at the time it seemed steep from your end BUT it meant the briggs big GWS were expecting a bid from the crows did not happen and you got hill. My overarching point is that in my opinion carlton traded out the wrong picks and could have gone a different drafting strategy that would have given them a better bargaining position to land a big fish at tge end of this year and not left them any worse off this year if we agree walsh, smith and caldwell are all very highly rated mids

I haven't missed your point i just don't agree with it. I prefer Walsh and Stocker over Smith and Stocker. We know you have our first pick (i think you have told us 50 times) and we have your pick. We did use your pick 19 to get Stocker. So stop saying we don't understand what's going on as we do. SOS took a gamble and we are all going with him for the ride. I'm shore they will use our first round pick wisely next year whether it'll be trade or draft but IMO it won't be Kelly.

I haven't missed your point i just don't agree with it. I prefer Walsh and Stocker over Smith and Stocker. We know you have our first pick (i think you have told us 50 times) and we have your pick. We did use your pick 19 to get Stocker. So stop saying we don't understand what's going on as we do. SOS took a gamble and we are all going with him for the ride. I'm shore they will use our first round pick wisely next year whether it'll be trade or draft but IMO it won't be Kelly.

Well it most certainly won't be now

Why? Carlton needed another midfielder and 10 recruiters said they would have taken Walsh at 1. We had plenty of key forwards and just traded McGovern in. PS Last time i checked Knightmare was not a recruiter.

so about half would take MKing or Lukosius

Because thats what Carlton needs most, another KPF. The only other draftee we were seriously considering was Max King, however he had the unfortunate injury and he dropped a few spots. This was early on in the year before Walsh made the strides he did through the season.

No. We needed midfield depth who could develop faster than an injured Smith. Smith may end up the better player overall, but we needed midfielders who develop sooner.

Blues are the worse team and at a bottom of a rebuild; they should be taking the best available talent at this stage not looking at list needs when they are so far off the pace

the old saying says a good big is more important than a good small

Blues are the worse team and at a bottom of a rebuild; they should be taking the best available talent at this stage not looking at list needs when they are so far off the pace

A fresh 18 year old KPF doesnt the age profile of our list. Furthermore, theres no splitting Rankine, Walsh, or Lukosius. Regardless of a list's needs, I'd have ranked them 1 Walsh 2 Rankine 3 Lukosius anyways.

so about half would take MKing or Lukosius

Your just trolling now, the other half of the recruiters were divided between Lukosius and Rankine. In case you missed it we did take the best player in the draft.

Your just trolling now, the other half of the recruiters were divided between Lukosius and Rankine. In case you missed it we did take the best player in the draft.

I was asked previously who i would take @ one - i reckon lukosius

i dont think its trolling

A fresh 18 year old KPF doesnt the age profile of our list.

I know - thats what im saying; a club in carltons position should not be worried about profiles. They should be bringing best available talent IMO

i know blues fans dont like the phrase "many draft scribes think that", but many were saying lukosius was the best talent

Last edited:
I know - thats what im saying; a club in carltons position should not be worried about profiles. They should be bringing best available talent IMO

i know blues fans dont like the phrase "many draft scribes think that", but many were saying lukosius was the best talent

The implication from your post is that you feel walsh taken at pick 1 was a reach. Is this your assertion?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back