Draft Profile Liam Stocker

Monkey King

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
I dont see next years draft as good as last years, so thats another positive for SOS.
I don’t think so. Carlton’s future first is the Crows’ now. It’s done. The most positive outcome for Carlton from here would be a strong draft that maximises the currency of whatever picks they end up with.

I agree in terms of raw strategy, it’s hard to understand the condemnation. If Carlton see themselves with say pick 4-6 in a weaker draft next year, and the chance to swap it for a top 6 player from a stronger draft here and now, it’s a total no-brainer to make this deal.

The only issue is whether or not Carlton read the situation accurately, which can’t as yet be ascertained.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HARKER

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Carlton
I don’t think so. Carlton’s future first is the Crows’ now. It’s done. The most positive outcome for Carlton from here would be a strong draft that maximises the currency of whatever picks they end up with.

I agree in terms of raw strategy, it’s hard to understand the condemnation. If Carlton see themselves with say pick 4-6 in a weaker draft next year, and the chance to swap it for a top 6 player from a stronger draft here and now, it’s a total no-brainer to make this deal.

The only issue is whether or not Carlton read the situation accurately, which can’t as yet be ascertained.
Get ready to put that on repeat, or copy/paste, copy/paste.
It's really not that hard to understand, when one gives themselves the chance to think it through.

THE_GUN

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Piss Off You Troll
Let’s get this back on track. Really don’t give a stuff about Richmond players whilst in the Liam Stocker thread.

Track watchers saying his foot skills are of a very high standard. Is putting the extra yards in to build up his endurance; which is seen as a weakness.
I see him as a project player who will work hard, develop in the VFL and force his way in to the AFL.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
You dont cough up a 1st rounder for a project player so cant see how you can say that, Sos rated him #6 hardly project type
track wathers as with all clubs only see positives in their new draftee's as with Richmond supporters seeing sydney stack as being a gun of the future before he has been allocated a spot.

Stocker will be a good addition to carltons youth but there will be too much focus on the kid due to this trade, If he was just a normal pick #19 selection he wouldnt have this thread on this board

AFL Club
Richmond
You dont cough up a 1st rounder for a project player so cant see how you can say that, Sos rated him #6 hardly project type
track wathers as with all clubs only see positives in their new draftee's as with Richmond supporters seeing sydney stack as being a gun of the future before he has been allocated a spot.

Stocker will be a good addition to carltons youth but there will be too much focus on the kid due to this trade, If he was just a normal pick #19 selection he wouldnt have this thread on this board
I guess Richmond payed a late first rounder for a project player of sorts in RCD

itll be interesting tracking the careers of Stocker v RCD; after stoker was projected to go to RFC for so long, in so many phantom drafts and RCD 'slipped' to the Tigers

THE_GUN

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Piss Off You Troll
I guess Richmond payed a late first rounder for a project player of sorts in RCD

itll be interesting tracking the careers of Stocker v RCD; after stoker was projected to go to RFC for so long, in so many phantom drafts and RCD 'slipped' to the Tigers
Also with St Kilda trying to do the same trade to pick RCD with #19

RobR

Club Legend
AFL Club
Carlton

Carlton supporters wont have to do any tracking, i'm sure you'll tell us. But i'm betting you could be the disappearing type.

ad victoriam

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Carlton supporters wont have to do any tracking, i'm sure you'll tell us. But i'm betting you could be the disappearing type.
No If Stocker has a bad time then maybe but it will more to about putting shit on some not all Carlton supporters, But If Stocker has an OK year it will some of you guys telling the world how good he is and put up all the comparisons. Stocker vs McHenry, the Stocker vs RCD, Stocker vs etc. You guys have a history in doing that.

Not too many people give a shit, Personally, I am only interested in Stocker because he has some value in the Super Coach as he will get more games than some of the comparisons.

RobR

Club Legend
AFL Club
Carlton
No If Stocker has a bad time then maybe but it will more to about putting shit on some not all Carlton supporters, But If Stocker has an OK year it will some of you guys telling the world how good he is and put up all the comparisons. Stocker vs McHenry, the Stocker vs RCD, Stocker vs etc. You guys have a history in doing that.

Not too many people give a shit, Personally, I am only interested in Stocker because he has some value in the Super Coach as he will get more games than some of the comparisons.
You don't read your own board then.

ad victoriam

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
You don't read your own board then.
Yea I do, and it all around getting that low 1st rd pick, Stocker just a distraction, to shit stir Carlton supporters who venture there. He just happens to be the Player you picked.

We are just happy to get a very low 1st rd pick, Don't think you understand the value of that pick to most Crows supporters.

THE_GUN

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Piss Off You Troll
Thats easy to fix , Just create a Stocker v R.Collier-Dawkins thread whilst quoting him and it will be there and no escaping it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RobR

Club Legend
AFL Club
Carlton
Yea I do, and it all around getting that low 1st rd pick, Stocker just a distraction, to shit stir Carlton supporters who venture there. He just happens to be the Player you picked.

We are just happy to get a very low 1st rd pick, Don't think you understand the value of that pick to most Crows supporters.
I'm really not worried how high the Crows pick is, you all remember that Stocker is the key part of the trade. If (so help me god) you get pick 1 and Stocker becomes a good player while we still have a 1st rnd pick 12-16 it's a win win.

ad victoriam

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
I'm really not worried how high the Crows pick is, you all remember that Stocker is the key part of the trade. If (so help me god) you get pick 1 and Stocker becomes a good player while we still have a 1st rnd pick 12-16 it's a win win.
You don't get it do you, we don't care about Stocker, because the Crows did not trade Stocker and our 2019 1st, they traded pick 19 and our 2019 1st, Stocker just a name Carlton put on the 2018 pick 19. He may be important to you guys, but he just another player at Carlton to us.
You guys need to take a back seat as it looks like You are only doing comparisons to justify the trade, not too many really care, And what next are Carlton supporters going to give us a running comparison on Stocker vs whoever all year,

The only thing about this trade the Crows supporters care about is getting a potential top 5 pick in 2019.

RobR

Club Legend
AFL Club
Carlton
You don't get it do you, we don't care about Stocker, because the Crows did not trade Stocker and our 2019 1st, they traded pick 19 and our 2019 1st, Stocker just a name Carlton put on the 2018 pick 19. He may be important to you guys, but he just another player at Carlton to us.
You guys need to take a back seat as it looks like You are only doing comparisons to justify the trade, not too many really care, And what next are Carlton supporters going to give us a running comparison on Stocker vs whoever all year,

The only thing about this trade the Crows supporters care about is getting a potential top 5 pick in 2019.
A lot of them haven't worked out that you gave us the pick to grab Stocker in exchange for that early pick, they better use it wisely.

ad victoriam

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
A lot of them haven't worked out that you gave us the pick to grab Stocker in exchange for that early pick, they better use it wisely.
Does not matter until November, and I highly confident it will be used wisely along with the early 2nd we have, May even allow us to get a good crop of players again. if Sladojevic kicks on and takes a lead KPF role for SA under 18's this year, NGA player.

Arr0w

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton

To the contrary, has everything to do with Stocker as well as the exchange of picks. While Stocker may no have been rated by your team, if he goes on to be a 200-300 game player, questions would be asked as to the effectiveness of your talent identification. This along with how the exchange of picks are used by both clubs

Crow till I die

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Adelaide
To the contrary, has everything to do with Stocker as well as the exchange of picks. While Stocker may no have been rated by your team, if he goes on to be a 200-300 game player, questions would be asked as to the effectiveness of your talent identification. This along with how the exchange of picks are used by both clubs
Not if Jones and McHenry also go on to play 200-300 games and the top 2 or so pick we garnered from Carlton bring us Rankine or another topline player that goes on to be a 200-300 game player in this years draft

Arr0w

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Not if Jones and McHenry also go on to play 200-300 games and the top 2 or so pick we garnered from Carlton bring us Rankine or another topline player that goes on to be a 200-300 game player in this years draft
Let's just focus on pick 19 and the exchange of next year's firsts. Has nothing to do with McHenry and Jones.

As for a top 2 pick, I have lost count at the amount of Crows supporters that continue to make that assumption. I really wish I could find an agency, that would allow for that peer to peer wager, just to see how brave some of your supporters are ;)

Virgin Dog

Club Legend
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Ultimately, any player success at your respective clubs has little to do with the pick they were taken at, and is about 99% related to player development. Sure, Stocker and McHenry could both become 300 gamers. But there's also no guarantee they'd be just as successful at the other club. If McHenry does well, it's because of Adelaide's player development, and not because they secured him at some arbitrary price. Same with Stocker at Carlton.

This trade already looks to be a win-win since both clubs were satisfied from the beginning. Carlton got the player they wanted, and Adelaide upgraded their next year's pick massively. Whatever happens from here, I still think both clubs have won

ad victoriam

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
To Carlton supporters, it's all about Stocker. and that is your problem.
To the Crows supporter, it was 2018's pick 19 and 2019's pick 1 for Carlton 2019's pick 1.
And sorry to break the new we don't really care if he goes on to be a 200 game player, Because the Crows have a chance of selecting an elite Player in the 2019 draft. And to us that a rarity, we don't get too many top 10 picks let alone a top 5 pick.

Remember the Crows did not know who Carlton were picking, so how could you even think everything about Stocker. To us he just the player used by Carlton at pick 19.
So sorry to break the news for you apart from the shit stirring factor we don't care. about Stocker

Arr0w

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
To the Crows supporter, it was 2018's pick 19 and 2019's pick 1 for Carlton 2019's pick 1.
And sorry to break the new we don't really care if he goes on to be a 200 game player, Because the Crows have a chance of selecting an elite Player in the 2019 draft. And to us that a rarity, we don't get too many top 10 picks let alone a top 5 pick.

Remember the Crows did not know who Carlton were picking, so how could you even think everything about Stocker. To us he just the player used by Carlton at pick 19.
So sorry to break the news for you apart from the shit stirring factor we don't care. about Stocker
It is not just about Stocker for me, it is about Stocker and having a free hit in the first round next year, while you upgrade to a pick in the top 6. Great outcome for both clubs

If Stocker goes on to be a 200-300 gamer, with a pick that was traded live, with your recruiters knowing full well he was still on the board, your talent identification will come into question. As would ours, if Stocker is a bust. It is that simple

RobR

Club Legend
AFL Club
Carlton

If you don't understand the workings of that trade maybe you shouldn't be commenting on it.

ad victoriam

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
It is not just about Stocker for me, it is about Stocker and having a free hit in the first round next year, while you upgrade to a pick in the top 6. Great outcome for both clubs

If Stocker goes on to be a 200-300 gamer, with a pick that was traded live, with your recruiters knowing full well he was still on the board, your talent identification will come into question. As would ours, if Stocker is a bust. It is that simple
Why would our Talent identification come into question, Stocker at the Crows would not come close to 200 games, he would not have gotten a game this year. While he may be suitable to Carlton his style of play not what we needed. Maybe in 4 years when a few of our inside players get older,
Look at who we selected and you may get a better picture. the Games moving on endurance, defensive pressure with a bit of speed are the new weapons,

ad victoriam

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
If you don't understand the workings of that trade maybe you shouldn't be commenting on it.
And where did I go wrong, the Crow traded 2018 pick 19 and 2019 1st rd pick for Carlton 2019 1st rd pick a potential top 5 pick, pretty
simple, nothing hard about it.
Carlton were the ones after Stocker, not the Crows. again pretty simple to us Stocker was the player Carlton picked, that is all.
so again what did I not understand?

Top Bottom