Draft Profile Liam Stocker

Remove this Banner Ad

Well out of that draft, I would put the following players as the top 15.
Walsh
Rozee
Rankine
Stack
Jack Ross
Lukosuis
Bailey Smith
Butters
Duursma
Max King
Nick Blakey
Hately
Mathew Parker
Mardy Hore
Ben King
Jye Caldwell
Tarryn Thomas
Jordan Clarke
Riley Collier-dawkins
Thats 19 better in that draft imo.
Doesnt mean he wont be good.

Walsh
Rozee
Rankine
Stack
Jack Ross
Lukosuis
Bailey Smith
Butters
Duursma
Max King
Nick Blakey
Hately
Mathew Parker
Mardy Hore
Ben King
Jye Caldwell
Tarryn Thomas
Jordan Clarke
Riley Collier-dawkins

That's an opinion and not a fact.
You said, "He's certainly not a top 15 draft pick" and then just dropped as many names as you could to prove? a point. :)

Walsh
Rozee
Rankine
Stack
Jack Ross
Lukosuis
Bailey Smith
Butters
Duursma
Max King
Nick Blakey
Hately
Mathew Parker
Mardy Hore
Ben King
Jye Caldwell
Tarryn Thomas
Jordan Clarke
Riley Collier-dawkins

You got me, I wasn't sure you were trolling until you threw that last name in there.

I'm all for trolling sos and the blues but liam played a good game on Sunday and to claim there are 18 better is a laugh..

Ball in hand he looks dreadul but.which was a strength the level below

SOS only traded the first because Stocker was on the board, otherwise it wouldn’t have gone through. I think in this instance it goes hand in hand, for us atleast. I know the Crows don’t give a stuff about Stocker or anyone taken in the picks after, but we literally traded to select Stocker.

Do you have faith in Silvagnis eye for talent?

He looks a handy type, but I'd be amazed if he ended up being inside the top 6 of last year's draft.
When we are crying out for guys that have 50 plus games to their name and when we rated a guy highly enough is still sitting there on the board, it think it will be a win/win trade with adelaide.

The guy looks solid after 3 games into his career. In a game where our whole team were destroyed against the giants, Stocker had 18 possessions and had 18 pressure acts. To me, theres nothing wrong with that!

We saw a chance to add a player a year earlier and get games into him and also get a 1st back from Adelaide rather than just the 1 pick. The talk is we will be trading the adelaide pick for a mature player already picked out. So, if that is the case and that pick got us a Papley/Jack Martin etc type, i just dont see why people have to think there will be a winner or a loser.

Im happy with Stocker. Think he will be a very very good player. Top 6 from the draft? Probably not. But lets look at the deal as a whole once we use Adelaides 1st, then give it a few years.

No one is a winner as of yet, nor does there need to be one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Walsh
Rozee
Rankine
Stack
Jack Ross
Lukosuis
Bailey Smith
Butters
Duursma
Max King
Nick Blakey
Hately
Mathew Parker
Mardy Hore
Ben King
Jye Caldwell
Tarryn Thomas
Jordan Clarke
Riley Collier-dawkins
There is a reason you are not a list manager. Not having a clue is the main one...

Walsh
Rozee
Rankine
Stack
Jack Ross
Lukosuis
Bailey Smith
Butters
Duursma
Max King
Nick Blakey
Hately
Mathew Parker
Mardy Hore
Ben King
Jye Caldwell
Tarryn Thomas
Jordan Clarke
Riley Collier-dawkins

That's not counting the non game gifted Adelaide draftees that will be developed properly and no one will no of them for a while.

Blues could well have had 2-3 more wins already, thus making this trade look reasonably good for them.
Harry Hindsight's always an expert.
Blues & Bolton will be fine.
Carlton need to ignore the media - they've been very very close in most games this season.
For a young team, there are plenty of good signs as well as relapses too.
Need some mature players to do more of the heavy lifting though.

Walsh
Rozee
Rankine
Stack
Jack Ross
Lukosuis
Bailey Smith
Butters
Duursma
Max King
Nick Blakey
Hately
Mathew Parker
Mardy Hore
Ben King
Jye Caldwell
Tarryn Thomas
Jordan Clarke
Riley Collier-dawkins
Lol, yeah right oh

When we are crying out for guys that have 50 plus games to their name and when we rated a guy highly enough is still sitting there on the board, it think it will be a win/win trade with adelaide.

The guy looks solid after 3 games into his career. In a game where our whole team were destroyed against the giants, Stocker had 18 possessions and had 18 pressure acts. To me, theres nothing wrong with that!

We saw a chance to add a player a year earlier and get games into him and also get a 1st back from Adelaide rather than just the 1 pick. The talk is we will be trading the adelaide pick for a mature player already picked out. So, if that is the case and that pick got us a Papley/Jack Martin etc type, i just dont see why people have to think there will be a winner or a loser.

Im happy with Stocker. Think he will be a very very good player. Top 6 from the draft? Probably not. But lets look at the deal as a whole once we use Adelaides 1st, then give it a few years.

No one is a winner as of yet, nor does there need to be one
I don't see why you think you had to trade pick one to get a mature player this year.

First of all you have to get the mature player to agree to come, but if you do I'm sure you could have found a way to bring him in without trading pick one. If no one agrees youve got egg on your face.

I realise there doesn't have to be a winner or a loser in a trade, but right now Adelaide will be thinking lime

The gap between Stocker and mids taken at the top end like Walsh, Rozee and Smith is glaring. And that’s despite being nearly a full year older than Smith, for example, and Stocker having basically been a full-time footballer last year.

With his age and his physical traits, Stocker doesn’t project the high end potential you’d expect from a pick in the top 3 (which is likely what was given up for him and a later pick).

Is there much difference between Stocker and say the younger Jack Ross, who Richmond picked up in the 40s and has probably been more impressive to date?

It will be a similar story with Rowell and Anderson (and maybe Kemp) next year, who are strong possibilities of having quite a bit more potential and immediate impact than Stocker, with Anderson in particular looking exceptional.

Stocker does seem as though he’ll do the basic stuff well enough to have a role in a team like Carlton. He’s a high floor/low ceiling type of player, which may be what Carlton need after some seeming whiffs on other players drafted and traded in.

But price paid for him looks to be a steep one, and clearly far steeper than Carlton anticipated.

Time will tell though.

And that’s despite being nearly a full year older than Smith, for example, and Stocker having basically been a full-time footballer last year.

I dunno where you got this gem from, but the dude was a full time uni student last year. Stop making s**t up.

Not often I hear people pointing to a 5-6 months age difference and claiming one as “the younger”player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back