Draft Profile Liam Stocker

Remove this Banner Ad

I know opposition supporters will want to monitor Stocker closely and will probably make a negative early appraisal after he doesnt play early rounds.

I think he is the first early pick Carlton has had that doesnt need to play straight away hence their programme of taking him slowly.

It completely fits if you think about Cripps, Kennedy and Setterfield and his role (inside mid). Carlton are giving first crack to those three for inside mid roles. Leaves stocker to develop; something I think Carlton has missed over the last 10 years due to desperation.

I have no idea? Lets talk facts then, Adelaide haven't got a top 5 pick and you don't know where our pick will be. The only fact is Carlton got Stocker with Adelaides pick 19, the rest is purely conjecture on your part.
Last time Crows had a top 5 pick they wasted it on Carey. They have a better record pick good players later in the draft.

Last time Crows had a top 5 pick they wasted it on Carey. They have a better record pick good players later in the draft.
They traded the selection they did not use it in the Draft.
And if you had done some homework you would have found out that after that they made a change in there Trading and Drafting policy,

I love how you have to go back to Carey to the ONLY time we've had a top 5 pick.
How many have the blues had since then just out of interest?

We dont have a 'record' of picking early in the draft. Nothing to compare to.

Last edited:
How's he going...drafting the AF team ATM and have him pencilled in along with 90% of other players
Good by the reports I've seen. Our club rated him our best prospect since Josh Kelly. I think he'll surprise a few on the upside if he's physically ok. A horrible concussion and a collision caused ACL on a substandard surface indicate bad luck rather than injury prone hopefully.

He's running but with ACL's straight line running can be a fair way from game ready.

Any idea if he is looking likely for rd 1?

Touch and go. He plays at the right speed, but is still lacking in endurance.

He’s going through a big training block to get him right for Round 1, and if I was going to guess I’d say he will play, but there’s more competition for spots in our midfield than in previous years so he’s no guarantee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reports from the last open training session had him involved in tackling and ball movement drills, doing agility runs and taking speccies on the bag. Hasn’t joined full training and match sim stuff yet though.

View attachment 610364
Really liked him as a junior & Would have loved it if Richmond had shown interest, Hope the kid goes well and gets a good run with injuries
Look foward to following his career

So I learned today that this Knightmare dude who I have never heard of...or someone who is not in a role at any club in a recruiting capacity is the ‘holy grail’ for scouting AFL talent.
Well there you go...
I guess it is what it is.

fwiw, Knightmare ranked Noah Balta as a top tier prospect and 6 or so, iirc in his 'power rankings' / 'bigboard'

Balta went aroung 25 in the draft but its currently resembling a more athletic Wayne Carey
I admire the work KM puts in, his write ups are detailed and generally measured, although his rankings are not always accurate.

no one said they were

Really liked him as a junior & Would have loved it if Richmond had shown interest, Hope the kid goes well and gets a good run with injuries
Look foward to following his career

princess park looks like a commission flat

get some paint

I know opposition supporters will want to monitor Stocker closely and will probably make a negative early appraisal after he doesnt play early rounds.

I think he is the first early pick Carlton has had that doesnt need to play straight away hence their programme of taking him slowly.

It completely fits if you think about Cripps, Kennedy and Setterfield and his role (inside mid). Carlton are giving first crack to those three for inside mid roles. Leaves stocker to develop; something I think Carlton has missed over the last 10 years due to desperation.
Going to be tough for Liam to be drafted in the same year as Walsh though I reckon.

Yes, he needs time etc. but if he looks over at Walsh in his first year, and if Walsh wins the Brownlow this year as many of us think is going to happen, Stocker will be thinking s**t man I need to get a game.

fwiw, Knightmare ranked Noah Balta as a top tier prospect and 6 or so, iirc in his 'power rankings' / 'bigboard'

Balta went aroung 25 in the draft but its currently resembling a more athletic Wayne Carey

no one said they were

princess park looks like a commission flat

get some paint
Yeah sorry I don't care for Knightmare or anyones predictions for the draft - only what SOS and his crew think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back