Past Liam Sumner

Remove this Banner Ad

Well it seems Lamb can play a bit taller when he needs to and can take a mark whereas Sumner will probably be buzzing around at ground level so I reckon they could coexist nicely.

Though both Sumner's goals were from marks (free kick from marking contest). Speed off the mark or running back into open space could play him into mid size category to get goals from the ground and also hitting up on the lead as well.

Though both Sumner's goals were from marks (free kick from marking contest). Speed off the mark or running back into open space could play him into mid size category to get goals from the ground and also hitting up on the lead as well.

Anyone who kicks more than one goal deserves a statue at the moment.

Who would have thought I'd be advocating statues for Matthew Wright and Liam Sumner

Last edited:

I'm a big fan of this kid, may not be a big possession gatherer, but good things happen when he gets it.

Looks like a keeper at this stage .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard as nails too and has skills. He'll be a good'un injuries permitting.

Funny thing is with the likes of Gibbs in the team it was Sumner's hair do that my old man chose to pick on :/

HARKER

Bolts must have some sort of ESP... no one expected sumner to come in when he did... but BANG!

Yeah, well..........I didn't think he'd be playing until half way through the year.
Sumner had no pre-season at all and was a shock selection (to me at least) when he made his debut for us.

It's hard now to see him being worse than for what he's been delivering in recent weeks.
In fact, he can only get better.........pretty exciting.

Not sure he can be an Eddie replacement, but if his midfield minutes keep increasing he might be able to add something Eddie struggled with.

I don't know for sure but I suspect he has just missed so much footy so he probably needs another big pre-season, and to play all games in the seniors this year, and then hopefully he will be fitter and get to more contests next year. He has class so it will be good when he can get 20 touches not 10.

I don't know for sure but I suspect he has just missed so much footy so he probably needs another big pre-season, and to play all games in the seniors this year, and then hopefully he will be fitter and get to more contests next year. He has class so it will be good when he can get 20 touches not 10.
Exactly what I was thinking.
I did notice him at a centre square bounce, but might have just been used while Cripps was hurt and others resting. Shows he not seen as just a small forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back