Past Liam Sumner

Shambolic

Club Legend
May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
His hands and skill/nous in general are first rate, just needs to get fit and get more than 10 touches a week.

I was lucky enough to have a good chat to Liam at the B&F. I was there with my son and Liam was very generous with his time.

He said he was really happy to be back in Melbourne amongst family & friends; it seemed really important to him.

He said he was looking forward to a full preseason as he didn't have one last year and as such he felt he was about 80% of the fitness required.

Love the Drake

Premiership Player
Nov 22, 2013
Mornington peninsula
AFL Club
Carlton
Is a player we need fully fit. This position has haunted us since Eddie and jeff left.

Happy to give him the benefit of the doubt after no pre-season but we need a lot more from him. I'm talking 15 possies, 5 tackles per game and 30 goals for the season. That's what we need from this position

Lace_Out

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 1, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Hoping he has a big pre season, the difference should be pretty exciting.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Funk

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 6, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Hope he gets another chance, tough as nails.

Yep - remember a game last year at Etihad (IIRC it was 4th qtr against the Cats).

High ball into forward line - little Sumner flew for the high mark.

Got absolutely smashed - but still took the mark.

After he scraped himself off the grass he walked back and slotted the goal from about 45m out.

Hope he can get himself into good enough condition to make it - hard not to love a guy with courage like that!!!

BuxbaumBixby

Team Captain
Apr 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
I really do wonder if he has things right off the field.

Showed some glimpses of special talent.

Remember a gold coast game at Etihad where he was streaming down a half forward flank at full pace looked in-board and assessed all his options (I was at the game and watching it from Tier 1 behind the posts). Dropped the ball on his left foot and pulled it across his body (still at full pace) and hit - coincidentally - Gorringe on the chest. Few players could have executed it so cleanly.

Back