News Libba a Bulldog for life

Remove this Banner Ad

INJURY NEWS WITH A TWIST
Western Bulldogs have confirmed that Tom Liberatore will miss the 2018 season after doing his ACL on the weekend against GWS Giants.

In other news, Tom Liberatore has announced via his management he will waive his Free Agent rights and re-sign with the club on a long-term deal, wanting to be a Bulldog for life.

Last edited:

Oct 4, 2004
Essendon
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
MAN U/BROOKLYN NETS
I don't think he has re-signed I think he has indicated a strong desire to be a Bulldog for life, which is a great start.

Liber is a GUN and my favourite player.

Timing of this news is great for Liber, teammates, club and fans.

Maddog1980

All Australian
Oct 15, 2003
In a house in Perth
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Football Club
If he has indicated this, then it’s great news. To me, by this comment Libba is taking a leadership role and still looking to positively influence the team without being on the field.

This kind of action from the player in the context of the last few weeks is critical for team.

Time in this game is short

bobby2

Club Legend
Jun 19, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Missing libba this year will be tough. Watching him continue in the red, white and blue for the next five or so after that would make up for it though. This is the marshmallow delayed gratification test for all bulldogs fans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BRWB

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Oct 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If he has indicated this, then it’s great news. To me, by this comment Libba is taking a leadership role and still looking to positively influence the team without being on the field.

This kind of action from the player in the context of the last few weeks is critical for team.

Time in this game is short

I suppose we can be positive and assign these motivations to Libba, and disregard that he just did his 2nd long term knee in a contract year and may want long term job security on good money.

Good news if Libba can stay focused and fit.

What was with all the bs rumours about the club not being happy with him?
Recent ones?
Haven't heard any such stories since last year. And they might well have been correct back then.

He languished for a month in the VFL - not a good look for a CSM winner.

Have only heard good reports about him this year (until the injury).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back