Recommitted Tom Liberatore [re-signed] and Mitch Wallis [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

HBFlanker

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Both were shopped around by the dogs in trade period with no suitors emerging.

What are they worth?

I dont think Wallis fits in to many midfields and as talented as Libba is, obviously his off field issues that will affect his currency.

With next years strong and deep draft they would both be looked at in the 30's i would say but not knowing what their 'Issue's ' might be
If they were shopped as you claim then there must be issue's - But both would be walk up best 10 players for north

With next years strong and deep draft they would both be looked at in the 30's i would say but not knowing what their 'Issue's ' might be
If they were shopped as you claim then there must be issue's - But both would be walk up best 10 players for north
Could you name 10 better at Richmond? I think you would struggle.

Could you name 10 better at Richmond? I think you would struggle.
You are joking yeah ??

Cotchin,Rance,Martin,Prestia,Riewoldt,Rioli,Caddy,Vlastuin,Nankervis,Astbury,Grimes - I wouldnt swap 1 of them for either Libba or Wallis

Then you have the next tier in Edwards,Butler,Ellis,Grigg,Houli again different positional players but would be preferred in my starting 22 than either Libba and Wallis

Libba had a poor 2017, most probably due to poor pre-season preparation. But he’s returned in ripping shape. If he returns to his 2014 best and fairest and his 2016 form (remembering he had an acl injury in 2015) he’s almost the closest to a Sam Mitchell clone you can get with his foot skills and inside ability. I doubt the club shopped around the premiership winning son of a club legend, particularly as his stocks were so low.

12 months ago Libba had won a flag and was better than anyone on richmond’s list bar Cotchin, Martin, Rance and Riewoldt.

How things change.
Libba is a B&F winner and runs on the board. Caddy, Rioli, Nankervis!!! Pure delusion to have these listed as better.

Libba had a poor 2017, most probably due to poor pre-season preparation. But he’s returned in ripping shape. If he returns to his 2014 best and fairest and his 2016 form (remembering he had an acl injury in 2015) he’s almost the closest to a Sam Mitchell clone you can get with his foot skills and inside ability. I doubt the club shopped around the premiership winning son of a club legend, particularly as his stocks were so low.

He's probably about as far from Sam Mitchell as anyone could get in terms of professionalism though

would take one. preferably Wallis as i prefer his outside game
but wouldn't be unhappy with both.
certainly fill a need for us.

Would wanna handle Libba a little better on his holidays after we win a flag....or 4 :p

12 months ago Libba had won a flag and was better than anyone on richmond’s list bar Cotchin, Martin, Rance and Riewoldt.

How things change.
And so was Stringer ! Yet there were no clubs apart from Geelong & Essendon that were interested , Libba is a ball magnet but has had issue's since day dot and the doggies have been trying to off load him.

Richmond had a player called Dan Connors on the list and on talent alone would be ahead of half our current list but guess what - Nobody wanted him
its not just about football talent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

but has had issue's since day dot and the doggies have been trying to off load him.
of half our current list but guess what - Nobody wanted him
its not just about football talent

There’s been no evidence of the dogs wanting to offload him.

Could have the same argument about dusty

There’s been no evidence of the dogs wanting to offload him.

Could have the same argument about dusty
Lets be honest here, Rarely does anybody have any evidence about anything these days but libba's issue's are well known by just about everybody

Richmond have never tried to part with Dusty it was only his manager chasing better $$$ that seen dusty touring GWS

Lets be honest here, Rarely does anybody have any evidence about anything these days but libba's issue's are well known by just about everybody

Richmond have never tried to part with Dusty it was only his manager chasing better $$$ that seen dusty touring GWS

Dusty’s issues are also well known by everybody.

It’s why Richmond shafted Connors or whoever that fall guy was

Dusty’s issues are also well known by everybody.

It’s why Richmond shafted Connors or whoever that fall guy was
Connors was not a fall guy , Connors was the biggest of problems amongst the younger players and his influence on them , Connors is 3 years older than Dusty but not a very good role model if you know what i mean

You can only based that on off field. He is a much better footballer than some you listed.

And in the end he’s probably no worse off the field than some listed. But has a bigger name in the game being a Liberatore

And in the end he’s probably no worse off the field than some listed. But has a bigger name in the game being a Liberatore
I don’t think his name got him in trouble. Little Libba is loose. He has time to turn things around. Like I tell my young boys - you need to make good choices!!

Wonder if Carlton will be keen on Liberatore. We need another inside midfielder, and I think by the end of next season we'll be at the right point of our rebuild to bring in a free agent, but we do have Kennedy and Dow coming into the team next year.

I think plenty of clubs will be keen on both.

I doubt clubs would want someone as toxic as Libba around a young playing group.

The bloke's just a partyhead and a has a healthy dose of arrogance.

Plenty of these kinds of blokes at every single club, and I know quite a few at Carlton who go pretty hard.

His past few indiscretions wont deter clubs in the slightest.

The problem is it's effecting his output.

He just won a grand final, and like plenty before him went too hard over the off-season.

Got a massive opportunity next season to recapture his 2016 form and earn himself a nice big contract either at the Dogs, or if he chooses, to take-up a big offer elsewhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back