Official Club Stuff Libba knee injury - 2015 season over

Libba Snr recovered in less than 4 months; he kept icing his knee during the night IIRC. If it is the worst, could Jnr pull off a similar comeback?

Not to be disrespectful - but maybe you should ask him how his knee is feeling now? I'd bet pretty average.

No need to rush it, he's got 10 years ahead of him.

I know how you guys feel losing a young guy to an ACL but the surgery is improving every year, Libba will be back better than ever I'm sure.

Best of luck to the young fulla, hope its not the worst case scenario. Is it just me or do AFL players seriously injure their knees much more than athletes who play similar sports? Hope to see him back on the park before too long

Flags_In_The_Bag

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Not a fan of overseas teams.....
Best of luck to the young fulla, hope its not the worst case scenario. Is it just me or do AFL players seriously injure their knees much more than athletes who play similar sports? Hope to see him back on the park before too long
Seems like it is, only the first round of NAB and loos like three already.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Haven't seen a second of the game I was in Echuca but bloody devastated about Libba

Gonna be a long year I think

AFLQLD

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
There are other teams?
Really sorry to hear about the injury - the cruelest in footy. Having seen Daniel Rich's injury early last year, long, slow rehab and finally a return to footy recently...I can feel your pain as fans when an important player for the club goes down with ACL.

In my less generous moments, I am happy to wish plenty of woes on opposition teams but not injuries to players and never this particular injury.

But the surgery is expertly done these days and he will be back and it will be worth the wait. Hope there is also a silver lining for you guys and another player gets to step up and thrive.

Gutted for you lads. Libba's an absolute gun and ACLs just suck.

Like vonn said though, Malch did an ACL and came back stronger, so who knows?
clear.png

Hopefully Caleb Daniel can stand up for you (I know he's a small forward :p) in the wake of this terrible news. The kid is going to win the Rising Star award imo, this just gives him more of a chance.

ErnieSigley

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2005
Australia
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Hope it's not the worst but it probably is.

Like what Mofra said earlier this reeks of 2003, will be hard to avoid spoon number 5 at this rate. Wish someone ITK can relieve us on how Hrovat is doing.
If it 2003 we'd still have the dud coach.
Whilst Beveridge isn't proven yet, there is a lot more hope than then

Scary_Foot_9

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2013
Canberra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham, Cubs, Leafs, Ravens
Just makes me hate that gormless * Vickery even more, that he was in the vicinity when it happened.

Last edited:
Back