Official Club Stuff Libba knee injury - 2015 season over

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd like to add to the general chorus of commiserations for you guys. Libba has been wonderful and your exciting team was building nicely. Quite heartbreaking really. The only positive side is that you have depth of young talent with similar attributes and this does give them a chance.

If it means Crameri or Stringer comes into the middle with Bont and Macrae it's going to be a taller midfield than Freo's

That friggin sucks. Hate seeing players go down with season enders.

If there is one small positive, at least he didn't do it mid year, so hopefully he'll be good to go from round 1, 2016.

May need to change my name. Any team that loses their 2 best midfielders from last season (Libba and Griffen) and maybe Cooney was still our 3rd best
not counting Macrae who played more wing is going to struggle to replicate 7 wins.

Ah well better to stay optimistic we were never going to challenge for the 8 this season. Early draft picks in 2016 with Libba and Z Cordy as virtual recruits from 2015 and further development of our young stars surely will have us with a list that will take us to the holy grail in 2017/18. I have only been waiting 60 odd years why should I worry about another few.

Good luck to Libba, hope operation and recovery goes well. I'm sure he has his father's tenacity and will come through this ok.

May need to change my name. Any team that loses their 2 best midfielders from last season (Libba and Griffen) and maybe Cooney was still our 3rd best
not counting Macrae who played more wing is going to struggle to replicate 7 wins.

Ah well better to stay optimistic we were never going to challenge for the 8 this season. Early draft picks in 2016 with Libba and Z Cordy as virtual recruits from 2015 and further development of our young stars surely will have us with a list that will take us to the holy grail in 2017/18. I have only been waiting 60 odd years why should I worry about another few.

I hear ya, brother...:cry:

So pissed off about Libber , will this club just have a little luck now and then ?
Might be wrong , but it was about the same spot Smith done his knee 2nd time around ?
we need to put witches hats around that spot !

If libba is like his old man, he will be back. There is no point IMO rushing him back through LARS over a traditional approach. Libba is in good hands with Dr Young, and I'd rather have libba back after a full recovery /rehabilitation than rush him back with a bigger risk

Just another hiccup, but this year is about a new direction and repairing the mess we were left with

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's footy in today's high speed game. Expect two heart breaking stories each year. Shame it was our best player yet there are positives.

We have the chance to use there year to form the future. I mean powerful fast onballers. Stringers, Bonts and Yong will all get prolonged chances in the middle. Wallis has his chance to shine as our key in and under? Stevens hardness will be needed. The rat will get opportunities.

The club will still power on in there progression in my mind only to be stronger next year.

Well *.

One of the positives is that it's Libba. This is a guy that will not let something like this keep him down, and he'll be raring to go and probably kill somebody next season. He's not the type to get down about this, he'll be doing everything he can to get back to top condition as soon as he can.

I'm still so flat about this, feels like our whole season has been shot to bits before it even begun.

Welcome to Essendon.
Whose to blame for that?

Please don't compare your situation to Libba doing his knee.

* what a disaster, absolutely shattered for Libba. He will be back better than ever but still it just ******* sucks, just throws the whole season out really.

Devastating news for afl in general and especially for the bulldogs. Hope you guys find some new positives this year.
All the best Libba.
Hope you come back bigger and stronger.
Absolutely. Robbie Gray's knee injury made him focus harder on the other aspects of his game and made him mature as a footballer. Its hard to find positives at the moment, but some players will be half glass full - and Libba strikes me as that....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back