• Bring back the Thor guernsey!

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters

ScragCity

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
No one has ever been able to give me a convincing answer to this. I used to say Libba because it looks a bit nicer and it's a bit easier to say but lately I've found myself going to Libber when I'm screaming at the telly. I feel it really emphasises his hardness in the contest and just how much of an intense bloke he is when you put that R at the end. However, I also didn't mind BT's now infamous round two call: "Libbalibbalibbalibbalibbalibbaaaaaa"

So, how do YOU say it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dogs_R_Us

Space Traveller
May 3, 2001
Sirius - the Dogstar
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
No one has ever been able to give me a convincing answer to this. I used to say Libba because it looks a bit nicer and it's a bit easier to say but lately I've found myself going to Libber when I'm screaming at the telly. I feel it really emphasises his hardness in the contest and just how much of an intense bloke he is when you put that R at the end. However, I also didn't mind BT's now infamous round two call: "Libbalibbalibbalibbalibbalibbaaaaaa"

So, how do YOU say it?
How about we listen to you screaming it both ways and then we’ll decide?
:)

Next Waiting

Premiership Player
Jan 19, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

So, how do YOU say it?
Definitely Libbaaaaaaah unless he does something wrong and then I prefer Thomaaarse in a measured but disapproving tone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ivan rassmussen

Club Legend
Jun 28, 2007
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Coming from Italian stock myself, and seeing the full name is Liberatore, I always thought it should be 'Liber', but 'Libba' Australianises it nicely. (In the same way that the former player to me when kicking goals was always 'Stringggaaaa'...)

Note: There was an awful period in the early 90s where that tool McAveney actually referred to Tom's dad in commentary as 'Libbers' with an 's', and also pronounced the 'r' - astounding!

ivan rassmussen

Club Legend
Jun 28, 2007
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Surely you meant to say "skipifies" - having married into a collection of Italian in-laws that is certainly their favoured terminology.
My family came here just after the war (WW2, that is), predates the ‘skippy’ reference. I loved watching it as a child though - I’m so old I saw it’s original tv run! o_O

Top Bottom