Remove this Banner Ad

SayerTheCreator

Club Legend
Apr 4, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Thanks for the text Libba, unfortunately I'm all out of yellow diamonds and white mitsy's but I'm stoked you've signed on for another year.

I suppose if the Bont's manager was really concerned about not getting Marcus his true value in his contract last time around he can always give up some of his commission to make up the loss.

Odds of that happening - 1, 000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 to 1 (I only stopped typing then because my finger got tired)
Sounds like your assessment of the integrity of player agents is on a par with that of politicians, sports journos, media owners, real estate salesmen, slave traffickers and the AFL.

gordo2016

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2017
Footscray, Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I've heard the Bont's manager is trying to get the club to retrospectively pay him what he's worth ie. the contract he's on now is unders and the manager is saying the club owes him money because of this... make of that what you will
Never heard anything more ridiculous in my life, which means it is bullshit.

Charlie Bucket

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Who's asking for a lucrative multi year contract?
If you're going to argue with me at least try to vaguely understand my opinion.

Why is the default on this forum to take a post that reads "hey guys I think I farted" and respond "I can't believe you said you took a massive diarrhea dump on the pope's head with the splash back hitting the Dalai Lama!"?

I understand, I was just adding some mayo for affect.

You’re pretty much suggesting that Power should look after Libba just incase he has a blinder season next year and ends up possibly moving clubs for a better offer.
And then criticise Power for not going down this path.
It’s seems like grosse negligence for a list manager to do business this way.

Can you not see it this way a little ?

Feb 11, 2008
West Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
I understand, I was just adding some mayo for affect.

You’re pretty much suggesting that Power should look after Libba just incase he has a blinder season next year and ends up possibly moving clubs for a better offer.
And then criticise Power for not going down this path.
It’s seems like grosse negligence for a list manager to do business this way.

Can you not see it this way a little ?
I could if that was my position but it is not.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I've heard the Bont's manager is trying to get the club to retrospectively pay him what he's worth ie. the contract he's on now is unders and the manager is saying the club owes him money because of this... make of that what you will

Perhaps the greatest pile of utter bs ever written on this or any other forum.

Apart from being impossible, and against every financial rule of payment I just think you made this up.

Sorry if that offends you but I gotta call it as I see it

Last edited:
FMD, talk about bringing the vibe down on an upbeat good news thread.

Not one of Libbas last 3 years deserves a lucrative long term contract.
Libba was 4th in the B&F in 2016 and his shut-down job on Kennedy in the 2nd half the the GF was a large reason behind us winning that day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray, Melbourne City
Not sure on Power yet myself. Made some calls I agree with and others I disagree with. Going to need a bigger body of work to see how big a fan of him I am.
Which of the decisions made by Power do you disagree with?

Genuinely interested to know. I'm not pumping up his tyres massively or anything yet, but I haven't seen a misstep from him to date.

Charlie Bucket

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Libba was 4th in the B&F in 2016 and his shut-down job on Kennedy in the 2nd half the the GF was a large reason behind us winning that day.

Absolutely, not arguing he’s played well at times over the the last three years but it’s the dominant AA mid of 2013 who deserves a little more leeway when it comes to contract talks.

Do you disagree that Libba, as a package from the last three years, taking everything in to consideration received the contract that was called for ?
For me it’s a smart decision.

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Absolutely, not arguing he’s played well at times over the the last three years but it’s the dominant AA mid of 2013 who deserves a little more leeway when it comes to contract talks.

Do you disagree that Libba, as a package from the last three years, taking everything in to consideration received the contract that was called for ?
For me it’s a smart decision.
I'd say that on the output of the last 2 years, he was offered a reasonable contract - which as I understand it has some options for a 2nd year within it.

Charlie Bucket

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'd say that on the output of the last 2 years, he was offered a reasonable contract - which as I understand it has some options for a 2nd year within it.

Yeah, that’s fair enough.
I reckon the second year cause will be met going on his interview on the website. Seems up and about for next season.
Otherwise he’ll look pretty stupid if he has another season like recent ones after the things he’s said.

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Yeah, that’s fair enough.
I reckon the second year cause will be met going on his interview on the website. Seems up and about for next season.
Otherwise he’ll look pretty stupid if he has another season like recent ones after the things he’s said.
Haha, of all the people at our club, Libba is clearly the one who cares the least about his appearance!

Well, maybe a tie with Dr Zimmerman...

The Inbetweener

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 25, 2011
Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It’s been a long drawn out discussion and the conversation went down that track... no bull
The way I heard it was that the management were looking to rip up his current contract and put him on a million plus from next season onwards, rather than waiting til 2020, which isn’t totally dissimilar to what you are saying in terms of paying it forward

RedWhite&Blue

Premiership Player
Jul 21, 2005
Vic
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The way I heard it was that the management were looking to rip up his current contract and put him on a million plus from next season onwards, rather than waiting til 2020, which isn’t totally dissimilar to what you are saying in terms of paying it forward
Yep, sounds about right. They want the big bucks now.

Aug 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Heard this quite a while back myself and think that’s the more likely explanation. In fact it was more about using cap space we have now (ie a front loaded contract).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back