Vic Liberal Leader Matthew Guy attended secret dinner with alleged mafia head Tony Madaffer

Remove this Banner Ad

Kroger already accused Andrews of having contacts with the mafia boss.

Dirty campaigns are in their DNA

ALP might run on their record but have the Guy dirt file in the bottom drawer, and the second bottom, and the third bottom I doubt it fits in just the one drawer

It would be sad to have a dirty campaign when we need to desperately catch up our infrastructure deficit
Andrews deals with the CFMEU. They are just as shady as the mafia. Btw, Madafferi hasn't been charged with any crime, so what is the fuss?

Andrews deals with the CFMEU. They are just as shady as the mafia. Btw, Madafferi hasn't been charged with any crime, so what is the fuss?
Agreed with the CFMEU. But you have to ask yourself, if Andrews was looking to solicit donations from this figure the police actively testify against, would you expect the Liberal Party to think nothing of it? I just don't like the guy because La Porchetta treat their staff like dirt.

Agreed with the CFMEU. But you have to ask yourself, if Andrews was looking to solicit donations from this figure the police actively testify against, would you expect the Liberal Party to think nothing of it? I just don't like the guy because La Porchetta treat their staff like dirt.
Didn't Madafferi get banned from racetracks because he was winning? I would like to see the police charge him with something instead of running their mouth off about someone. Charge him or stop slandering him!

Didn't Madafferi get banned from racetracks because he was winning? I would like to see the police charge him with something instead of running their mouth off about someone. Charge him or stop slandering him!
No idea, but anyone associated with the people at AUSVEG is bad news. They are basically going to destroy the seed potato industry by undermining the current authority in place just to make more money taking over the scheme, charging less money and providing less resources to testing, leaving the whole industry vulnerable to the spread of disease and eventual collapse.

And bang, a fundraiser for the member for Hastings Neale Burgess has just put Guy's story that none of those at the dinner had donated to the Liberal's since he became leader right into the shitter.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/m...ahead-liberal-fundraiser-20170809-gxsshs.html

He's ****** now, his story just keeps falling to pieces.
I'm not sure Guy is being intentionally deceptive in what he has been saying. That would be assuming he has more knowledge than he actually possesses. It is far more likely he has been using far reaching generalisations that he believed were true at the time of saying them, without really checking first if they are backed up with facts.
It falls more into the unintentional 'untruth' category than the flat out lie category.

But then again, being proven wrong on the number of people attending, saying his people had no idea who was attending, and telling everyone that they were not donors might be a matter of one, two, three strikes your out.

I'm not sure Guy is being intentionally deceptive in what he has been saying. That would be assuming he has more knowledge than he actually possesses. It is far more likely he has been using far reaching generalisations that he believed were true at the time of saying them, without really checking first if they are backed up with facts.
It falls more into the unintentional 'untruth' category than the flat out lie category.

But then again, being proven wrong on the number of people attending, saying his people had no idea who was attending, and telling everyone that they were not donors might be a matter of one, two, three strikes your out.

It makes you wonder why on earth they gave him the job, given his record as a corrupt loose cannon when in the planning ministry.
And it's worth remembering that at least a couple of his corrupt decisions back then were tied to benefits for large Party donors.

I'm not sure Guy is being intentionally deceptive in what he has been saying.

Maybe not all of it, but somethings he clearly had to know weren't true (ffs he was there for starters) and others were easy for him to check, he was clearly counting on nobody being able contradict his version under the false assumption that those looking into it had no way of finding out the truth. So he's a sloppy, incompetent idiot at best who seems to have gone out of his way to make himself look as shady as possible.

His biggest problem is that he and the party leadership tried to dump it all on MacMillan who is now singing like a canary.

Politics 101: Don't get caught in a lie.

Maybe not all of it, but somethings he clearly had to know weren't true and others were easy for him to check, he was clearly counting on nobody being able contradict his version under the false assumption that those looking into it had no way of finding out the truth. So he's a sloppy, incompetent idiot at best who seems to have gone out of his way to make himself look as shady as possible.

His biggest problem is that he and the party leadership tried to dump it all on MacMillan who is now singing like a canary.
I think he would know now that The Age and the ABC are dedicating a huge amount of resources to this sorry now, using all the insiders they can to get to the bottom of this. Like the Sun and the CFA issue, they smell blood and won't stop until either he steps down or are sufficiently satisfied there is nothing more to it. All I am waiting for is The Age handing our bumper stickers saying "Labor or Liberal? Organised Workers or Organised Crime?"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really don't care. Looking forward to Madafferi being charged with something more than words though.

what's the fuss? it's his judgment...you can't sit there with a straight face and say that Guy has sound judgement.

whether it be high-rise developments or high-society lobster, the bloke is a ******* imbecile with the judgement of a 2 y/o.

Watching Question Time on the Victorian Parliament webcast yesterday, noticed several Liberals backbenchers whispering among themselves while Matthew Guy was asking a question about crime to Premier Daniel Andrews. Could a leadership spill be on the horizon?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Watching Question Time on the Victorian Parliament webcast yesterday, noticed several Liberals backbenchers whispering among themselves while Matthew Guy was asking a question about crime to Premier Daniel Andrews. Could a leadership spill be on the horizon?

Sounds like you watched yesterday for the first time. If you had watched before you would have noticed various people talking in the house pretty much all the time.

If more information came to light regarding Opposition Leader Matthew Guy having dinner with a leading Mafia figure over the next few weeks, Guy would have no option but to resign from the leadership of the Liberal Party.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back