Vic Liberal Leader Matthew Guy attended secret dinner with alleged mafia head Tony Madaffer

Remove this Banner Ad

Could the Liberals get rid of two leaders within the next 12 months at state and federal levels; that is, Matthew Guy and Malcolm Turnbull?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Could the Liberals get rid of two leaders within the next 12 months at state and federal levels; that is, Matthew Guy and Malcolm Turnbull?

Not sure about Guy going, he's got a few party mates up to their eyeballs in this.
He knows where the bodies are buried.
And if he doesn't know, he knows someone who does.:D

I am wondering when the corrupt Victorian Police Force are going to charge Tony Madafferi so we can justify this whinge against Matthew Guy! :thumbsu:

I am wondering when the corrupt Victorian Police Force are going to charge Tony Madafferi so we can justify this whinge against Matthew Guy! :thumbsu:
Poor judgement of a leader of a party who hopes to become the Premier of Victoria?
However I don't think stupidity is a chargeable offence.
Tony is the smart one, yet to be caught.

There is no other option for Matthew Guy but to resign as Opposition Leader. Who'd be the one to take over from Guy as Liberal leader and (hopefully) be the new Victorian Premier after 2018?

There is no other option for Matthew Guy but to resign as Opposition Leader. Who'd be the one to take over from Guy as Liberal leader and (hopefully) be the new Victorian Premier after 2018?
Well if we are going to start disqualifying Liberal MPs from leadership because of mafia connections we might not have any left.

I found it highly interesting Andrews didn't take the lead on attacking Matthew guy but left it up to merlino. It doesn't shock me however as Andrews has association with criminals and doing dodgy deals with them. Guy should resign.

I found it highly interesting Andrews didn't take the lead on attacking Matthew guy but left it up to merlino. It doesn't shock me however as Andrews has association with criminals and doing dodgy deals with them. Guy should resign.
Nice, "Mafia" Guy gets caught and you still find a way to make it about Andrews, not sure if that is impressive or pathetic.

Interesting to see what the Herald Sun make of it all in tomorrow's edition. Will they call on Matthew Guy to resign, or overlook the scandal because of its close links to the Liberals and attack Daniel Andrews instead?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting to see what the Herald Sun make of it all in tomorrow's edition. Will they call on Matthew Guy to resign, or overlook the scandal because of its close links to the Liberals and attack Daniel Andrews instead?

Be the bottom of the front page with a giant footy story taking the rest.

Is it guys own "colleagues" leaking to dump him as they have no chance with him as leader?

I was thinking the same thing as well. I reckon the Liberals would've lost in a landslide result if they stuck with Matthew Guy as leader. Interesting to see what Question Time would be like, with every question Guy asking to the government, will be met with the Labor frontbench reminding Guy of his Mafia links.

Accepting donations from the Mafia. Wow!! Putting the mafia/his party before the public. It's the mafia for Christ sake!

Vote libs vote mafia I guess. Unbelievable really.

He has to go to prison for at least 20 years but he won't even have to pay back the donation lol (if it hypothetically made it through).

It was the federal immigration minister at the time that allowed Frank's brother into the country, Amanda Vanstone. Seems the libs haven't learnt a thing in 20 years.

Guy ranting on about being "tough on crime" yet dines with the so-called head of the Mafia. You can't make this s**t up.

Kroger saying it's the ALP dirty agenda...seriously, the guy went to dinner with suspected Mafioso and its everyone else's fault, * me.

Last edited:
It was the federal immigration minister at the time that allowed Frank's brother into the country, Amanda Vanstone. Seems the libs haven't learnt a thing in 20 years.

Kroger saying it's the ALP dirty agenda...seriously, the guy went to dinner with suspected Mafioso and its everyone else's fault, **** me.
The ALP has governed for 7 of the last 20 odd years, apparently everything that ails Australia happened during those years.

Guy ranting on about being "tough on crime" yet dines with the so-called head of the Mafia. You can't make this s**t up.

Kroger saying it's the ALP dirty agenda...seriously, the guy went to dinner with suspected Mafioso and its everyone else's fault, **** me.
Of course, Turnbull and Greg Walrus Hunt also met with these blokes.

How long will Matthew Guy last as Opposition Leader? And Guy's decision to fall at the feet of the State Anti-Corruption body is not going to end well. Remember Denis Napthine?

Supposedly recording of Liberal supporters trying to work out how to bypass potential laws and funneling money into the Liberal party coffers!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-...t-to-deliver-donations-to-matthew-guy/8787118

Secret tapes reveal Liberal insider's plot to deliver alleged Mafia donations to Matthew Guy

A Liberal insider conspired to funnel donations from an alleged Mafia boss and his three relatives into party coffers after a lobster dinner involving the men and Victorian Opposition Leader Matthew Guy, secret phone records have revealed.

Key points:

• Secret tapes capture Liberal Party official Barrie Macmillan discussing the lobster dinner
  • He says an alleged Mafia boss and his relatives wanted to donate large sums of money
  • He says Matthew Guy's assistant will be asked to relay the plan to the Opposition Leader
Recordings of phone conversations obtained by Fairfax Media and Four Corners involving Liberal Party official Barrie Macmillan also capture Mr Macmillan plotting to split the promised donations into smaller amounts to avoid disclosing the source of the funds to authorities.

"They want to give Matthew a substantial donation towards next year. Now, I understand what they can and can't do," Mr Macmillan says on the recording, referring to alleged Mafia boss and long-time Liberal donor Tony Madafferi and three of his relatives.

The four men, who are previous Liberal donors, dined with Mr Guy at the Lobster Cave in Beaumaris earlier this year.

Mr Macmillan said on the recording: "You can't associate Matthew with money and I would have to be the intermediary. But I'm talking about a swag of money that they're prepared to give for them [Mr Guy's campaign].

"We're probably talking hundreds [of thousands of dollars in donations] … they can't stand the bloody Labor Party."

Mr MacMillan said the promise of donations was made after the lobster dinner with Mr Guy and that Mr Macmillan was trying to organise a second dinner with Mr Guy, Mr Madafferi, Mr Madafferi's cousin Frank Lamattina and two other Madafferi relatives.

"Frank [Lamattina] rang me and said, 'Look, four of us guys would like to have a dinner with Matthew, and we want to push some dollars his way', and I said, 'Well, look, we have to be extremely careful there'. Frank's no fool. He knows that there's the AEC [Australian Electoral Commission] follow up and all these things," he said in the recording.

"They want to meet again now, and I've had to speak to Kroges [Liberal president Michael Kroger] about it," Mr Macmillan said, indicating the donations would be made later this year.

It's all theatre and fun - James Merlino and Matthew Guy are best mates despite being in different parties.

Not to mention Frank was only let in after substantial Lib donations. Rotten to the core.

Not to mention Frank was only let in after substantial Lib donations. Rotten to the core.

Guy keeps saying he didn't know Tony would be there, well, when he found out he could've left, instead he stays for the lobster abd grange.

Bloke has no judgement at all...and given it was a 4corners / Fairfax investigation, it'd be safe to assume that they knew he'd be there, so he would've known who he was meeting.

See how long he sticks around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back