Libs drag Australia into recession, but it's Shortens fault LOL

Remove this Banner Ad

We never recovered from Labors mad reign post 2008.
Almost every single country in the world endured a brutal recession - the worst since the great depression - and we got through with barely a scratch.

The us had people living in tent cities.

What planet do you live on?

You've misunderstood me, I hope John Howard lives a long, happy life and dies surrounded by family, he bloody well should do seeing we're picking up the tab for his continued existence. But the world will be better off without him though and many will raise a glass to his passing.
Fanatic.
Almost every single country in the world endured a brutal recession - the worst since the great depression - and we got through with barely a scratch.

The us had people living in tent cities.

What planet do you live on?
In 2008 we had money in the bank, the best terms of trade in our history right through to 2011 and a trillion dollar investment pipeline in full swing. Labors mad crazy spending spree ****ed our economy to the extent that 10 years later we are still screwed.

In 2008 we had money in the bank, the best terms of trade in our history right through to 2011 and a trillion dollar investment pipeline in full swing. Labors mad crazy spending spree ****** our economy to the extent that 10 years later we are still screwed.
Hows that mad crazy spending going?

Well the dead recipients of Labors cheques are still dead and the tourists have their memories of the heady days in the land of Oz.
Cant cash a cheque if your dead, family could though to stimulate an economy and keep it out of recession

Yet all of that pales into insignificance compared to the current debt and deficit disaster and no rescuing form a recession to show for it

Fanatic.

In 2008 we had money in the bank, the best terms of trade in our history right through to 2011 and a trillion dollar investment pipeline in full swing. Labors mad crazy spending spree ****** our economy to the extent that 10 years later we are still screwed.
Did you miss the bit about the worldwide recession?

I forget.. have the liberals tripled the debt since 2013, or merely doubled it?

At least labour had the biggest world wide recession in living memory to justify its half of the debt. They built s**t amd lropped up a depressed private sector. What the * did the liberals spend their half of it on?

Neither side are any good at managing money; but at least labour build s**t.

I forget.. have the liberals tripled the debt since 2013, or merely doubled it?

At least labour had the biggest world wide recession in living memory to justify its half of the debt. They built s**t amd lropped up a depressed private sector. What the **** did the liberals spend their half of it on?

Neither side are any good at managing money; but at least labour build s**t.
800+ Million to rupert murdoch

That investment sure helped get the country out of the doldrums....

If anyone needed another excuse to vote against this mob at the next election:

Option 1 - a party with a track record of handling an economic downturn by investing in public services, leading to a relatively low unemployment and a much quicker economic recovery.

Option 2 - a party that will use this as an excuse to implement austerity and leave us wading through the economic mire as so many European nations did post-2008.

Had Howard been re-elected, I believe he would have pump-primed

I thing the tax cuts and refunds would have been destined for middle and higher earners not the lower ones though.

And we know what they thought about school halls....

So, here, and in the UK, we often here from left-wingers about how mass immigration always has POSITIVE benefits for the economy.

Now stats reveal that since immigration has been turbo charged in recent years, growth rates in per capita GDP have been declining. More wealth but shared amongst many more people.
Yet, those figures are now pounced on by the left to show what bad economic managers the Coalition supposedly are, lol.

Which is it? Supporting high immigration and associated declines in growth in per capita GDP? Or whinging about that decline, but keeping silent about high immigration?

You answer it, which conflicting issue are you projecting on the left?

and maybe the ALP wouldnt be retaliating if the government in power weren't trying to pin a bad economy on the opposition

Those Cheques were from the previous years tax paid... $900. I was overseas the previous year... I did not pay tax the previous year... and guess what .... I didn’t get $900.
If Dead people paid more than $900tax the previous year than they got $900 .... pretty simple.

Agree. refunds to tax payers are tax refunds. which both sides have done over the years. Lib fans are very loose with the truth. and a one off payment is not a structural problem

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree. refunds to tax payers are tax refunds. which both sides have done over the years. Lib fans are very loose with the truth. and a one off payment is not a structural problem
Plasma bonuses in good times = good

Stimulus spending to get through a recession = bad

Plasma bonuses in good times = good

Stimulus spending to get through a recession = bad

It’s laughable the Libs criticising this policy...
The stimulus wasnt only the $900.... it was the consumer confidence that they were going to get $900... thus continuing consumer spending leading up to the cheque.
The review on GFC by most countries has concluded that Australia handled it best.

Had Howard been re-elected, I believe he would have pump-primed
The architects of Australia's policy response to the GFC were Stevens and Henry - both Howard era appointees.
I suspect Howard would have implemented some form of stimulus as well but round 2 wouldn't have gone on schools under Howard (or for that matter, Rudd if he had a different Deputy). That was Gillard's push as she's a huge education advocate.

It’s laughable the Libs criticising this policy...
The stimulus wasnt only the $900.... it was the consumer confidence that they were going to get $900... thus continuing consumer spending leading up to the cheque.
The review on GFC by most countries has concluded that Australia handled it best.
Treasury modelling showed it supported the employment rate on an ongoing basis by 1.6% which is actually an extraordinary amount.
In terms of ongoing tax receipts and the lower welfare bill the 'cost' over a longer timeframe was actually much smaller than the initial outgoings.

But they’re all for handing out tens of thousands of dollars in franking credits as a tax return having paid no taxes every single year

Fanatic.

You do understand that the Coalition have doubled our debt in the past 6 years with * all to show for it.

You do understand that the % tax to GDP is higher under a Coalition government.

Interest rates at historical lows is not good for an economy with possible further reductions required.

You need to get a good grasp of economics.

But they’re all for handing out tens of thousands of dollars in franking credits as a tax return having paid no taxes every single year
Giving money to people who already have lots = good

Giving away money to people in desperate need of a hand up = bad

#justconservativethings

No I don't pay tax hoping the Government looks after me. lol. In fact, I would prefer to pay much less tax. In any case, I prefer the taxes paid to actually be saved diligently and invested.

You know, kinda like how most Liberal voters actually save and invest. No one spends all their income except bogans, lol.

I don't spend all my income either, lol. I do think though, that the role of government IS to look after its constituents. Said constituents being, like, the lifeblood of democracy and all that y'know? Without the voters liberal democracy is nothing, yeah? They owe us their livelihoods. Literally.

No I don't pay tax hoping the Government looks after me. lol. In fact, I would prefer to pay much less tax. In any case, I prefer the taxes paid to actually be saved diligently and invested.

You know, kinda like how most Liberal voters actually save and invest. No one spends all their income except bogans, lol.
Actually

Students
Underemployed
Minimum wage

All those people are paycheck to paycheck

You are an absolute sociopath

Remove this Banner Ad

Back