Universal Love IT WAS FUN NOT HAVING A LID IN 2019 - BUT GWS AND RICHMOND NAILED THE 2020 LID BACK ON

Is the Lid now “OFFICIALLY” off?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

There is ONLY one lid Titus...

3KZ is Football is the lid expert.

I think they mean the lid to the biscuit tin judging by the general lack of fitness at Melbourne. Melbourne players and fans have been doing plenty of ‘comfort eating’ at the start of season 2019.

Lid was off late in the 3rd quarter against the Eagles for me, disappeared in the 4th quarter against North and has floated back to the edge of the atmosphere for our first lidless game at the MCG and the Pies shortly after. If the lid doesn't fall back down over the next two games then I think the lid will start to fracture and need a few weeks of work to be repaired.

Well, I have an avatar bet with a team mate from the SFA - Bombers win = me with a Bombers av (and thus no Lion) for a week. Vice versa for him.

Shows how far my LID has been removed. I continue to revel in the unbridled enthusiasm being generated by the MIGHTY LIONS.

Come get some, Bombers.

Latest Roar Deal with Matthews....he says DON'T TEMPT THE FOOTY GODS :)

So, I'm NOT CRAZY....well, MAYBE a little bit....but not TOO CRAZY :D

LET'S JUST SMASH THE BOMBERS AND TALK ABOUT THE FOLLOWING GAME ON SATURDAY NIGHT :p

NOW YOU’VE GOT ME DOING IT! WHY AM I WRITING IN FULL CAPS!
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...ly-doubters-short-shrift-20190410-p51css.html

Great article about Lachie Neale in The Age. Lions are generating more sustained positive media in Melbourne than the appear to be in Brisbane. But back to the shouty bit ... CHECK OUT THE MASSIVE LIDS OFF STATEMENT AT THE END IF THE ARTICLE! EVEN IMPARTIAL FOOTBALL JOURNALISTS ARE DISPENSING WITH THE LIDS.

NOW YOU’VE GOT ME DOING IT! WHY AM I WRITING IN FULL CAPS!
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...ly-doubters-short-shrift-20190410-p51css.html

Great article about Lachie Neale in The Age. Lions are generating more sustained positive media in Melbourne than the appear to be in Brisbane. But back to the shouty bit ... CHECK OUT THE MASSIVE LIDS OFF STATEMENT AT THE END IF THE ARTICLE! EVEN IMPARTIAL FOOTBALL JOURNALISTS ARE DISPENSING WITH THE LIDS.
"So now rather than book flights for Perth, Robbie and the family are booking regular trips to Brisbane. Perhaps they’d better keep September clear too." :hearteyes:

Notice fellow lidders that Brisbane has made sure they know where the BSO is so they can flaunt themselves on the last Sunday in September. Several of the players will be a bit the worse so wear and tear so checking out where the post Grand Final celebrations are going to be held is typical of our coaches. They leave no stone unturned

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Found: one lid. PM me if it’s yours.

Only one?

lidpile.jpg

Some very reactive people here. If you told me we would be going into the Sun's game anything over 1:4 I would have doubted you. At the beginning of the season I only had the Port game as winnable. If we get to the Sun's at 3:2 I would have been absolutely ecstatic at the beginning of the season. Lid is still off for a finals berth.

Lid status - OFF.

Every team in the competition, has lost at least one game. Today we learned some valuable lessons and I would expect Fagan and Daly to respond accordingly.

1. We must never, ever, ever again abandon the centre corridor the way we did against Port Adelaide and again against Essendon. Having a game plan that involves moving the ball around the flanks is a terrible tactical blunder. Today it was like somebody had told the Brisbane players that the centre corridor was mined. Essendon on the other hand went fast and direct, straight up the middle, which gave their forwards every chance and resulted in goal after goal after goal. Every time we coughed it up, Essendon simply switched it and ran the ball up the middle of the ground.

2. We were slow today and had nobody who was prepared to do the gut running required to get players into offensive or defensive positions. We hardly ever had a clear overlap and we had very few players running to fill defensive holes. Dropping Bastinac was a costly mistake.

3. Robertson does not have the skill to take on key offensive players. The last two times I have seen him “live” he has been carved up, by De Goey, against Collingwood late last year and Tipungwuti today. The idea of giving him another game next week would be hard to fathom, but to then have him play on a key Collingwood small forward would be suicide. I don’t think Fagan and Daly are that lacking in insight.

4. McStay needs to get on the lead or he needs to be dropped. Trying to predominantly take pack marks is fun when you are playing kick to kick and underage football, but it does not cut it at the elite level. He also needs to continue to work on his goal kicking.

5. Witherden, Andrews and Gardiner need to go to their ‘happy places’ and try to get their confidence up. They are all playing well below par.

So there you have it. Lid stays off, but we have work to do.

Last edited:
I didn't say this before the game, but I was 50/50 about today - hence why I only tipped us to win by 3 goals and not 10 in the preview :p

I am extremely confident about the Pies though. VERY CONFIDENT. More confident than if we had of won today, in all honesty.

I have said elsewhere that we need a BIG WIN and a WIN AGAINST A TOP 4 TEAM.

Well...we might get both this week :D

(although on current ladder position the Pies aren't top 4, but they are widely tipped to be around that mark come the end of the home and away)

A loss against the Bombers ain't gonna make me look about for a lid.

* LIDS :D

Back