Universal Love IT WAS FUN NOT HAVING A LID IN 2019 - BUT GWS AND RICHMOND NAILED THE 2020 LID BACK ON

Is the Lid now “OFFICIALLY” off?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The jar isnt even on the table. We all (coaches, players, fans) need to revert to the 'mid re-build mind-set' because that's where are.

I'm not going to deny the logic in your position lion - I am just not going to fully embrace it :)

I shall risk the despair of being 3-9 to fantasize about being 10-2 - with reality probably falling somewhere in the middle :D

We will likely end up missing the eight, but....dreams are merely echoes of reality, they don't have to be bound by them.

We will win the next 4 games.

7-2 ain't bad.

Lid off. I texted Fages and he told me to stop whining, has it all under control.

The only problem is that the other guy thinks they have it under control as well ... which is, as they say, why we play the game!

Although 'Stop whining' is good advice under almost any circumstance ;)

The only problem is that the other guy thinks they have it under control as well ... which is, as they say, why we play the game!

Although 'Stop whining' is good advice under almost any circumstance ;)

Texted Fages that and he said that he'd curbstomp all the other coaches and to seriously stop texting him.

Texted Fages that and he said that he'd curbstomp all the other coaches and to seriously stop texting him.

Based on some of the posts in the Next Coach Sacked thread on the main board there are a few supporters out there who would send you/him a thank you card...

I'm not going to deny the logic in your position lion - I am just not going to fully embrace it :)

I shall risk the despair of being 3-9 to fantasize about being 10-2 - with reality probably falling somewhere in the middle :D

We will likely end up missing the eight, but....dreams are merely echoes of reality, they don't have to be bound by them.

I'm calling it now.

7-5

First five rounds, we've had the fourth-hardest fixture (per Squiggle scores).
Next five rounds, we have the easiest fixture (by a not inconsiderable margin).

All up to whether we can take advantage of it.

Difficulties of fixture, per current Squiggle ratings (sorted by difficulty over next five rounds):
white=easiest, red=hardest

EXCEL_2019-04-22_20-19-29.png

(note that for my convenience I have dropped the byes, it's ordered by "opponent in their nth game" rather than round number)

Last edited:
The jar isnt even on the table. We all (coaches, players, fans) need to revert to the 'mid re-build mind-set' because that's where are.
Nonsense! I have been in the backyard all morning kicking the lid off the compost bin and it feels good. Lids are still off LEVEL 4 TODAY! We will pump this mob and be sitting 4-2 after 6 games. Then we embark on our VICTORY DRIVE to the capital. Just like the NVA in 1975. Nothing will stop us!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swans, Dogs in Ballarat, Crows, freo in Perth, Hawks, and Carlton at Marvel coming up before the bye. Could very, very easily be 8-4 or 7-5 at worst.

Should beat swans, dogs definitely. Carlton probable win. Crows, Freo, and Hawks don't take lightly. But who knows in this even 2019 season? Looking forward to the next 6 weeks.

I was always confident we'd win against the Suns.

Buddy in, Buddy out....makes no difference. They'll get creamed next week.

I was watching some vids on Mobb's youtube, 3KZ and looked up Doc Wheildon's measurements....184/90....not far off Rayner. You saw him play more than I did, does Rayner play anything like Doc did?

I was watching some vids on Mobb's youtube, 3KZ and looked up Doc Wheildon's measurements....184/90....not far off Rayner. You saw him play more than I did, does Rayner play anything like Doc did?
Doc didn't smile!

A bit. He used to be leading full tilt, would have his lead honoured, would put his hands up and the ball would hit his hands and it would just stick. He had some of the best hands I have ever seen. He was a genuinely freakish talent. Great in the air and fantastic in the deck. He simply lacked discipline.

Robert Shaw mentions him here. Great Podcast on Fitzroy’s 1993 Season.
https://omny.fm/shows/the-greatest-season-that-was-93/episode-3-fitzroy

Lid is firmly on IMO. We still have a lot of maturing and development to come. We should continue to improve this year and still push for a spot in the 8 if we don't suffer too many injuries. We've still got a few weaknesses we need to address next off season to see us really push hard for finals IMO.

Re-ran the ladder predictor

I think the top 6 will come from Collingwood, Richmond, Geelong, West Coast, GWS and Essendon (in that rough order) then it will probably be Adelaide, Port, Hawthorn and us battling it out for the last 2 spots in the eight with Fremantle and Melbourne outside chances. Our games against those teams will be crucial to make the 8.

First five rounds, we've had the fourth-hardest fixture (per Squiggle scores).
Next five rounds, we have the easiest fixture (by a not inconsiderable margin).

All up to whether we can take advantage of it.

Difficulties of fixture, per current Squiggle ratings (sorted by difficulty over next five rounds):
white=easiest, red=hardest

View attachment 660236

(note that for my convenience I have dropped the byes, it's ordered by "opponent in their nth game" rather than round number)
Poor GC, four of their next five games are going to be brutal.

Back