Universal Love IT WAS FUN NOT HAVING A LID IN 2019 - BUT GWS AND RICHMOND NAILED THE 2020 LID BACK ON

Is the Lid now “OFFICIALLY” off?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Lid on for me have to keep it on for as long as possible. Sitting 4th at this stage who would have thought.
Ladder positions of team's we have beaten.
7,10,14,15,18. At least we play another low ladder team next week in Bulldogs position 12.
Bulldogs only beat Rich position 9 so we should be okay if the Team does not freeze to death at Mars stadium.
If we win the lid can stay frozen for another week or two.
Boo!

Lid on for me have to keep it on for as long as possible. Sitting 4th at this stage who would have thought.
Ladder positions of team's we have beaten.
7,10,14,15,18. At least we play another low ladder team next week in Bulldogs position 12.
Bulldogs only beat Rich position 9 so we should be okay if the Team does not freeze to death at Mars stadium.
If we win the lid can stay frozen for another week or two.
on "On the couch" last night they had a table of easiest to hardest remaining draw. We were 7th easiest from memory, Geelong the easiest, Bulldogs the toughest.

Until we start winning games away, it should never be opened.
You mean like beating North at Marvel & Gold Coat at Metricon?
2 and 2 away this season...
The next step for me is winning at home, and beating poor opposition away - which we’ve been doing.

3KZ, how did the goal umpiring go? Did you use the 5 second delay? Did the lad kick a few at your end?
Quiet game in the Forward line for Quinlan. Had a stellar first quarter in defence though.

My lid disappeared weeks ago :D

Bit deflated, but I am consoling myself by listening to "The Internationale" sung by Billy Bragg whilst poking right-wing conspiracy theorists on Twitter :p

(And looking at the odd picture of Soviet-era armour laying waste to fascists in WW2 - yes, life would be better it we were 6-2, but ya do what ya gotta do :D)

Lids on but not totally on. Have you ever had a 4 Litre tin of paint that you're trying to put the lid back on but there's so much dried paint around the rim that the lid won't fit on properly. And on a hot day, the can of paint could just pop due to pressure & the lid goes flying off by itself. That's where I'm at (the hot day might be next week against the Crows, or maybe another win against the odds vs the CATS later in the year).

I would've loved 6-2 but in my kiss of death world famous ladder predictor I picked that we would drop it away today. And drop the game to Freo over there too in a couple of weeks, but still make top 4.

Lock it in (probably best you don't actually :D I've never done a ladder predictor sober)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will win the next 4 games.

7-2 ain't bad.

Lid off. I texted Fages and he told me to stop whining, has it all under control.

6-3 as fages didn't predict the boys would wet their pants against the dogs.

Still pretty good though

Dlions said:

Unless the Hawks and Port game is a draw then we will still only be 2 games clear.
But love the enthusiasm!

But the Hawks win and then we beat them next week and we are three games in the eight half way through the season!!!!!!! Even better.

I should post this in the Lids Off Thread. I will attempt a copy and paste

Back