Universal Love IT WAS FUN NOT HAVING A LID IN 2019 - BUT GWS AND RICHMOND NAILED THE 2020 LID BACK ON

Is the Lid now “OFFICIALLY” off?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Three games inside the eight means the lid is off big time
I agree. If we win today we are not only in the EIGHT but we have a buffer. As Macbeth said, “To Be thus is nothing, but to be safely thus!”

If we win today, the lid will come off this season, never to return and we would have opened the Coodabeen’s proverbial Pandora’s Box of Worms!

OFFICIAL LIDS OFF THEME SONG

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
5.20pm 26/5/19-

tenor.gif

We don't make the 8 from here unfortunately. We're going to meme our way to 9th.

And lid is still off. We were bottom four last year.

New lid off goal is to try to get more wins this season than the last two combined.

Jun 27, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
We must stop blowing games when we are in winnable positions. Pooed our pants against Footscray and now Fremantle.

These games happen when you’re going to finish somewhere from 5-10. Look at all the other teams around our position; they have all given up games they could have won. I think it’s mainly a change in our expectations. There are close ones where we come out on top (Port, Crows) and there will be ones where we don’t (Dogs, Dockers).

After dropping every single one of those type of games last year, I’m happy we are breaking even and putting games away before the final ten minutes of a game.

We must stop blowing games when we are in winnable positions. Pooed our pants against Footscray and now Fremantle.
You lot blowing the lid so damn high that when it falls it knocks the *ers out. :mad:

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Should play finals barring any injuries to our important players (Neale, Andrews, Cameron, etc.).

Fair possibility to finish 6th which would give us a good chance to win a final if we can get a home final against Adelaide, Port or Freo.

Next year the draw will be tougher and I wouldn't be surprised if we stagnate.

Winning 7 games in half a season after 17 wins in the last 4 seasons is definitely lids off.

Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Had to check Staffo had done the numbers after reading that report last nightView attachment 684991

6 wins needed now basically as you say - Carlton, St Kilda, Melbourne, Dogs, Roos, Suns the obvious candidates for those. If we drop one of them we need to pinch a win away in Tassie (Hawks) or in Adelaide (port) which is tough but not impossible.

Can't see us beating GWS away or the cats at home. Feel the tigers at the G are going to be too big of an ask given that their style of play kills us.

Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yeah, four from the remaining five home matches plus at least two away wins. If we can win one of our last two matches we will deserve and probably get a home final, but the most likely final position at this point is 7th or 8th I think. I'd just be rapt to make the 8 tbh.

Me too. Its a shame we couldn't finish off the Dogs or Freo games with a win as that would have us in prime position for 6th but c'est la vie.

Delighted to be relevant for a change and not be thinking about the draft already.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
6 wins needed now basically as you say - Carlton, St Kilda, Melbourne, Dogs, Roos, Suns the obvious candidates for those. If we drop one of them we need to pinch a win away in Tassie (Hawks) or in Adelaide (port) which is tough but not impossible.

Can't see us beating GWS away or the cats at home. Feel the tigers at the G are going to be too big of an ask given that their style of play kills us.

A bit of percentage would be handy. Belting the Suns in the next QClash would be good.

Barring a bad run with injuries I think we'll finish somewhere between 6th and 9th. 6th would be great, 9th would be heartbreaking.

Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
A bit of percentage would be handy. Belting the Suns in the next QClash would be good.

Barring a bad run with injuries I think we'll finish somewhere between 6th and 9th. 6th would be great, 9th would be heartbreaking.

Missing out on the 8 by being 9th on 12 wins with an average percentage would kill me. Still would be a very successful year of course but would suck so much to just miss out.

Back