Universal Love IT WAS FUN NOT HAVING A LID IN 2019 - BUT GWS AND RICHMOND NAILED THE 2020 LID BACK ON

Is the Lid now “OFFICIALLY” off?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just imagine how obliterated the lid will be after we thrash Carlton, St.Kilda and Melbourne!
I think you'll find we'll have lost them already because Rayner probably will be playing. :p

I think you'll find we'll have lost them already because Rayner probably will be playing. :p
Damn! If only Aaron Cornelius was playing!

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
We has such high hopes for some of those in between players,but in hindsight they were mostly a bunch of unwashed sebagos's

Everyone is a future superstar until they're not.
D580F02E-7CA4-4D51-A7F8-58A642105375.jpeg

Quinlan has said his club of choice is Brisbane.

Tom Collier!
Tom Collier, now there's a name to strike terror into the hearts of Lions supporters!
I liked Jason Roe FWIW.
I liked Roe too. Until his last season he was a fairly regular member of the seniors. There was no doubting his desire. I seem to remember a game where an opponent might have tried to knock his lid off his shoulders and he was absolutely smacked rotten, but like a boxer with the heart the size of Phar Lap's he tried to play on. Problem was that his legs weren't working. "Vinnie" Roe was alright. Crucified by Voss though.

I liked Jason Roe FWIW.

I have Roe and Collier in similar memory buckets - they always tried, but they often tried to do too much or more than they could realistically do.

I have Roe and Collier in similar memory buckets - they always tried, but they often tried to do too much or more than they could realistically do.
I think Roe was a more skilled player, but you are right, they both tried hard.

WHO BLEW THE LID OFF?
1559900076829.png

Round 6 Brisbane defeats Gold Coast and Jarryd Lyons BLEW THE LID OFF against his old club. He racked up 27 disposals, 2 goals, 8 clearances and a staggering 30 pressure acts, which was 8 more than the next highest. Lachie Neale came close, but JARRYD LYONS GETS THE BIKKIES FOR BLOWING THE LID OFF!

WHO BLEW THE LID OFF?
1559900709098.png

Round 7 Brisbane defeats Sydney and DAYNE ZORKO BLEW THE LID OFF! Zorko’s 29 disposals was an equal team high but it was his punishing physical aggression that won it for Brisbane. Zorko laid 11 bone crunching tackles and performed an inspirational 28 pressure acts. THE SYDNEY PLAYERS NEEDED EXTRA REHAB AFTER DAYNE ZORKO BLEW THE LID OFF!

WHO BLEW THE LID OFF?
1559901307912.png

Round 9 Brisbane defeats Adelaide and LACHIE NEALE GIVES THE LID A HIDING! When the game was there to be won and in the clutch moments throughout, Neale stood up. With 39 disposals he was back in “ball magnet” mode. With 12 clearances he had 7 more than his nearest teammate and at 22 he had 12 more contested possessions than the next highest ranked Lion. LACHIE NEALE MIGHT BE SET TO BLAST THE BROWNLOW LID INTO ORBIT IF HE KEEPS THIS UP!

Back