Universal Love LID RECALIBRATION REQUIRED - PREMIERSHIP LID ON OR LID OFF?

Is the Lid now “OFFICIALLY” off?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

3KZ is Football

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 17, 2008
In the grandstand at the Brunswick St. Oval
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy Football Club
Obviously we are all pretty pumped about the start of the 2019 Season, especially given the clear improvements to our playing list. The question I have is will the “LID” come off this year? Will we have a year when the LID comes off, only to go back on again? More importantly will THE LID BE OFFICIALLY OFF at any stage this year. As the year progresses it would be nice to track the progress of BRISBANE’S LID. At this stage I feel like we have tapped around the circumference of the lid and loosened it a bit, in preparation for future removal. Time will tell.
Go Lions!

FORGET ALL THAT! AFTER SMACKING GWS IN SYDNEY AND HUMBLING PORT ADELAIDE AT THE ADELAIDE OVAL, SPANKING HAWTHORN, GIVING NORTH A TOUCH UP, PUMPING FOOTSCRAY AND OBLITERATING GOLD COAST, IT IS FAIR TO SAY THAT THE LID IS OFFICIALLY OFF FOR SEASON 2019. AFTER 21 ROUNDS WE ARE SITTING SECOND ON THE LADDER WITH A FAIRLY WINNABLE PAIR OF GAMES DURING THE RUN HOME. WE PLAY OUR LAST GAME AT "THE GABBATOIR" AGAINST GEELONG AND THEN WE COME TO MELBOURNE FOR THE GAME AGAINST RICHMOND. WE WILL WIN THEM BOTH! ON FORM WE HAVE BEEN SERIOUS PREMIERSHIP CONTENDERS FOR MONTHS AND WE WILL BE FLAG FAVOURITES AFTER THE HOME AND AWAY SEASON.

LET ME SAY THAT AGAIN. WE ARE GOING TO GO INTO THE FINALS AS FLAG FAVOURITES! ALL THAT REMAINS FOR US TO DO IS WIN THE PREMIERSHIP. TWO WINS AT THE GABBA AND ONE AT THE MCG ON GRAND FINAL DAY! - THE LID HAS BEEN ATOMISED IN DEEP SPACE!

9A31AE74-9610-463C-8D5E-43E29DB144B4.jpeg

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sausages

HIGH PRIEST IN THE TEMPLE OF GG/SNSD
Feb 27, 2007
space
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town
I've often wondered over this past off-season what the games and ages breakdown was of the Bombers of 1993 going in to that season - the Baby Bombers, as I'm sure you all recall them being christened - and how that matches up with our guys for this season.

I'm not sure what it would all mean, but more confirmation of why my/the lid is off wouldn't hurt :p

3KZ is Football

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 17, 2008
In the grandstand at the Brunswick St. Oval
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy Football Club
Lid is on and should stay on even if we have a thumping win tonight. Round 1 form means nothing and this is a much weaker Eagles side.
I would love to see Brisbane in a position this year where chopperduck took the lid off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lazza16

Club Legend
Jul 7, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I'm wearing a sarong!! :D (it's hot here....well, it's hot everywhere, but I live alone and don't have neighbours, so I can take a few liberties :p)

I HAVE MY SCARF READY TO GO THOUGH!! :D
Too much information Sausages.... Sausages by name..... sausages by nature lol

trikster

Club Legend
Mar 13, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Bruins, Dodgers, Bulls, SEM Phoenix
It was fairly closed at quarter time, she's cracked open a bit now ;)

Top Bottom