Universal Love IT WAS FUN NOT HAVING A LID IN 2019 - BUT GWS AND RICHMOND NAILED THE 2020 LID BACK ON

Is the Lid now “OFFICIALLY” off?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lids officially off with the Brisbane public, there are three tickets left to the Geelong game.

I have always said in the past that our poor crowds from the past decade had little to do with GC being added into the comp and that once we started winning again the Gabba wouldn't be big enough.

Screenshot_20190808-092422.jpg
Screenshot_20190808-092424.jpg

LionsMaw

Bears/Lions hybrid
Oct 6, 2018
'TERF'ville
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
women
Lids officially off with the Brisbane public, there are three tickets left to the Geelong game.

I have always said in the past that our poor crowds from the past decade had little to do with GC being added into the comp and that once we started winning again the Gabba wouldn't be big enough.

View attachment 722495View attachment 722496

Poor crowds have to do with us playing s**t football that robbed you of any enjoyment of footy and life.

I know for a fact that this thread has inspired the Lions and is responsible for our amazing season. If it was just another “Operation” thread, we would not even be in the Eight. I propose a “Lids On, Lids Off?” thread every year. We are the only team to have one and it is the key to our success.

Updated what is the lowest we can go from here ...

Again assuming all of the results go as badly as possible for us ... our nightmare destination is ... equal fourth with Collingwood so fourth or fifth with a worse percentage.

So this week our worst nightmare upgraded from 6/7 to 4/5! Go Lions! :cool:

Now GWS are an unrealistic chance to finish top four I hope us and Eagles occupy the top two spots so Richmond don't get gifted an home QF for finishing third or fourth and getting to play the Cats at the G. Also means they would have to win an away final to make the big one

Last edited:
I can’t believe 16 people still have their lids on!

Lid on / Lid off means different things to different people. Lacking a precise definition three people with the exact same mental and emotional state re the Lions and their current prospects could give three different answers...

Lid on / Lid off means different things to different people. Lacking a precise definition three people with the exact same mental and emotional state re the Lions and their current prospects could give three different answers...
Sounds like you are describing Billy Puller.

Also, nobody knock my poll. It’s scientific.

iirc there was a poll on the main board that got adjusted and that meant that that the old values stayed but were showing against the new option eg ...

Old Version:
1 - Jack Watts sucks - 40 votes
2 - Brisbane are the greatest ever - 100 votes
3 - Jeremy Cameron is awesome - 1 vote

New Version changes the questions but keeps the values:
1 - 3KZ is a pessimistic negative nellie - 40 votes
2 - 3KZ is the awesomest - 100 votes
3 - 3KZ is the best looking poster on the Lions Board - 1 vote

Is that the way it works or do all the votes get killed off when you rejig the questions?

Back