Lids has his say on the Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Is that really that bad?

You'd be in tears if you experienced some of the encounters I've heard from members I know.

You'd be on here in 10 seconds flat making excuses for us to trade Martin, Riewoldt and Grigg to name a few :p

I had bad experiences when meeting Zantuck, Hyde and Richardson. Richo was the worst by far, but it's understandable and my support never wavered.
Richo? Huh? Must have got him on an off night, he always stayed late at the family meat ups to get photos with everyone.

I've never been really big on meeting players, waiting lines etc to get signatures. I do have a few and if I got the chance would take a photo but really never seen the obsession of some people and going crazy to meet footballers. Would never been bothered attending one of those nights to be honest. Just wanna see em play footy and that's it.

I've never been really big on meeting players, waiting lines etc to get signatures. I do have a few and if I got the chance would take a photo but really never seen the obsession of some people and going crazy to meet footballers. Would never been bothered attending one of those nights to be honest. Just wanna see em play footy and that's it.

I think a lot of the onus is on supporters to do the right thing. I mean you need to know and respect when it's the 'right' time and when you are not 'overstepping' a boundary.
I remember vividly Richo coming into the bar (Corner Hotel) after we beat Hawthorn in 2015 for a drink with mates. Of course my mate and I wanted a pic - as did everyone. Richo obliged the 30 or so people in there, but I would say everyone in there was more than aware this was his free time and that he would take a quick photo, say a quick hello, but he was with mates. And people were respectful of that. It can't be easy being asked all the time.
I offer this, speaking to a mate at the footy at Geelong on Saturday, he recounted two stories of a mate of his approaching two celebrities - let's call one Barry Humphries and the other Cadel Evans - for a photo, while they were eating. The response was two ords both time. Get and f*****. And within their rights - you don't interrupt someone eating!

I think a lot of the onus is on supporters to do the right thing. I mean you need to know and respect when it's the 'right' time and when you are not 'overstepping' a boundary.
I remember vividly Richo coming into the bar (Corner Hotel) after we beat Hawthorn in 2015 for a drink with mates. Of course my mate and I wanted a pic - as did everyone. Richo obliged the 30 or so people in there, but I would say everyone in there was more than aware this was his free time and that he would take a quick photo, say a quick hello, but he was with mates. And people were respectful of that. It can't be easy being asked all the time.
I offer this, speaking to a mate at the footy at Geelong on Saturday, he recounted two stories of a mate of his approaching two celebrities - let's call one Barry Humphries and the other Cadel Evans - for a photo, while they were eating. The response was two ords both time. Get and f*****. And within their rights - you don't interrupt someone eating!

Agreed 100%.

Saw this with Tina Arena as she was eating ice-cream with family minding her own business. A couple of people asked for photos and lets just say that she was not happy and showed it.

On the other hand though in Sorrento my parents saw Andrew Bogut at a café and got my bros to come down to see him and grab a photo during the Easter Weekend this year. He was quite happy to take one and have a chat even though he was sipping on a coffee.

You get your good and the bad.

Agreed 100%.

Saw this with Tina Arena as she was eating ice-cream with family minding her own business. A couple of people asked for photos and lets just say that she was not happy and showed it.

On the other hand though in Sorrento my parents saw Andrew Bogut at a café and got my bros to come down to see him and grab a photo during the Easter Weekend this year. He was quite happy to take one and have a chat even though he was sipping on a coffee.

You get your good and the bad.
who the hell would want a foto with tina arena

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't invite the supporters then? Oh wait, then they can't take our money. Can't have it both ways.
your being a bit salty mate, bet if you buy $4000 worth of tickets, you still wouldn't get more than 5 seconds out of dustin martin, you pay top dollar to enjoy, observe and soak it all up and take as many pics as you want without intruding too much as i see it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back