Official Club Stuff Lienert and Woodcock sign on

https://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/n...pJobID=1141394313&spReportId=MTE0MTM5NDMxMwS2

PORT ADELAIDE defender Jarrod Lienert and forward Boyd Woodcock have agreed to terms on respective contract extensions which will see them remain at Alberton until the end of 2021.

jakey

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Lienert is perfect depth. In Woodcock I see glimmers of a top shelf player. Hope he gets the chance and works on that rubber neck of his.

I read both stories on Woodcock on the club's website and I can't tell if he has been signed up as a rookie or added back to the main list.

Tredders on 9 news saying Lienert signing on despite the pressure of Port bringing in defenders Aliir Aliir and Lachie Jones. :D

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Tredders on 9 news saying Lienert signing on despite the pressure of Port bringing in defenders Aliir Aliir and Lachie Jones. :D
With reduced lists he wasn't likely to be more than fringe anywhere else. Might as well stay where he is. I'm happy for some tall-ish defensive depth. Woodcock will get more games, as I doubt Fantasia will be fit all year. 1 year for both is sensible list management.

Broke_Piston

Draftee
Nov 20, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Woodcock is my faith. But i'm not holding hopes. Lienert is lost now we have Alir.

I have visions of Alir a defender we haven't quite seen at our club.

Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks

I don't get the joke, am I missing something? I think Tredders is right and Leinert will only be a depth player.

EskimoPAFC

The Comebacks & Family Man
Dec 17, 2017
Success without Premierships
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Woodcock is my faith. But i'm not holding hopes. Lienert is lost now we have Alir.

I have visions of Alir a defender we haven't quite seen at our club.

Not convinced on this at all...

We generally use 7 defenders for game day:

1. TJ
2. McKenzie
3. Cluz
4. DBJ
5. Aliir
6. Hammer
7. Houston/Burton (as it's likely at least one of these guys plays mid/wing).

So the depth after that has: Jones, Bergman (who is a fair unknown as a defender), Garner, Lienert, Bonner

He will probably get his shot with 2 injuries or form concerns. All he then has to do is grab his opportunity like McKenzie did this year.

Worst case scenario he's probably one of the best break glass depth defenders in the AFL.

P4Life

All Australian
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

1. TJ
2. McKenzie
3. Cluz
4. DBJ
5. Aliir
6. Hammer

So the depth after that has: Jones, Bergman (who is a fair unknown as a defender), Garner, Lienert, Bonner

He will probably get his shot with 2 injuries or form concerns. All he then has to do is grab his opportunity like McKenzie did this year.

Worst case scenario he's probably one of the best break glass depth defenders in the AFL.
What an amazing group of Defenders we have at the moment.
13 in Total with 11 having played AFL and 2 18/19 yo First Round picks to come.
Well done Cripps and co.

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza

1. TJ
2. McKenzie
3. Cluz
4. DBJ
5. Aliir
6. Hammer

What about me :musicnotes:

1605827595994.png

Back