Society/Culture Life after Covid-19

Remove this Banner Ad

You could have this as a permanent mask:

ur,mask_flatlay_front,product,600x600.jpg

Thankfully don't need one of these outside.

Screenshot_20201122-105008.png

the end of work and life practices hanging over from the industrial era. Clocking on for the sake of it
There will always be manual labor required. Even in construction if everything is prefabricated we still need transport, crane drivers and riggers to erect said construct.

One concern I would have is meritocracy going by the wayside. One wage for everyone (extreme example), rewards lazy and conscientious the same. But a bunch of office gronks at computers all day, yeah no need to go to 'work'.

There will always be manual labor required. Even in construction if everything is prefabricated we still need transport, crane drivers and riggers to erect said construct.

One concern I would have is meritocracy going by the wayside. One wage for everyone (extreme example), rewards lazy and conscientious the same. But a bunch of office gronks at computers all day, yeah no need to go to 'work'.
yes and no. there are videos on youtube showing mechanized robots stacking individual cartons onto a pallet.

As you know it at the moment things need to be done by humans, but a setup like Aldi or the amazon stores could easily be setup with 1 manager.

pre-fab buildings could be designed to a process that would allow itself to be built. I don't know how far that is away but not too far. I think at this stage most automation is reducing labour costs but still leaving manual tasks that aren't accomplished by robots. There is a tile plant in Seville and it's automated, but still requires humans to handle certain tasks. The issue will arise when those jobs are automated.

yes and no. there are videos on youtube showing mechanized robots stacking individual cartons onto a pallet.

As you know it at the moment things need to be done by humans, but a setup like Aldi or the amazon stores could easily be setup with 1 manager.

pre-fab buildings could be designed to a process that would allow itself to be built. I don't know how far that is away but not too far. I think at this stage most automation is reducing labour costs but still leaving manual tasks that aren't accomplished by robots. There is a tile plant in Seville and it's automated, but still requires humans to handle certain tasks. The issue will arise when those jobs are automated.
Yeah automation has long been creeping in, inevitable. On the flipside, take a maintenance task on a sprawling water treatment plant or hydro electric power generation facility. Busted pipe, belt/pulley, high pressure pipe, we'll always have a need for skilled labor which is comforting for any trades people out there. I imagine it's not nice to think you're 100k pa+ job is going to be taken over by a robot.

Exactly, but free them from the huge waste of time building ever more bigger infrastructure for all those gronks to not achieve much at all in, and travel further and further each day.

But increasingly, eg in mining, transportation is controlled and monitored from a distance. If there are to be offices, decentralise to where the people live, and use technology to speak between offices

Not really sure what you are trying to get across. What end game would you like to see?

this guy.

‘the development industry was fixed on the CBD idea, which was very profitable for them, but was fast becoming unsustainable and extremely inefficient.
They were even saying melbournes’ sidewalks (which are very generous) are becoming inadequate at peak periods

this guy is coming up with reasons to get back to being drones, and the commentary is just laughing at him.

Clearly many still need to attend sites to physically perform work (at leas once a fortnight in my case) but getting everyone else of crowded trains and roads makes it easier for them too.

by all means let the city get back to previous activity, but recognise the growth of that activity was unsustainable, and decentralising has to happen

Plenty of triggered people to amuse me. Weirdos who hit pedestrian light buttons with elbows, or cross the road rather than walk near people on the footpath, grumpy looks when people's shopping trolleys are moved by strangers, people wearing masks while driving cars solo etc.
And funnily enough, colds and flu are down this year also. Wonder why that is... 🤔

Are they? Show us the stats? who reports a cold anyway?
313,000 laboratory-confirmed cases of flu in 2019, down to 21,000 in 2020 is a pretty impressive drop. No stats for colds of course, but probably also reduced proportionately. We haven’t been out and about, ‘soldiering on’, sharing our germs, as much as usual.

313,000 laboratory-confirmed cases of flu in 2019, down to 21,000 in 2020 is a pretty impressive drop. No stats for colds of course, but probably also reduced proportionately

Gut feel says were in for a record flu season when we reopen international borders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is genuinely disturbing to me. Most human immunity is acquired. We need to be infected with various viruses to strengthen our immune response.

More adult Australians had the flue vac than any other year.
They also isolated much more than normal.
Sorry if the result makes you genuinely disturbed :/ Perhaps you need help.

I'm no expert but do you have any evidence that vaccinations do not actually give your immune system a bit of a work out?

Left, Right, Centre, non voters. Forget Covid, it's what is slated to come that worries me. The Great Reset, Google it at least. Hope you all like global communism branded as 'Climate Change' because that's what we are about to get.

Prince Charles going political. The commonwealth, destroyer of indigenous people and culture. Leading the charge and still, we gobble it all up. f@#king shame on us all.........😥
Oh dear....

313,000 laboratory-confirmed cases of flu in 2019, down to 21,000 in 2020 is a pretty impressive drop. No stats for colds of course, but probably also reduced proportionately. We haven’t been out and about, ‘soldiering on’, sharing our germs, as much as usual.

Look into excess deaths

...........20,000 posts in that time, just wow.
Yeah, amazing isn't it?

Almost as amazing as watching the entire world move towards putting in place to strategies to deal with climate change and you thinking it is all a communist conspiracy....now that really is "wow"

By 2050 when the world is carbon neutral, you will still be yelling at the clouds

Again I say, Oh dear.....

More adult Australians had the flue vac than any other year.
They also isolated much more than normal.
Sorry if the result makes you genuinely disturbed :/ Perhaps you need help.

I'm no expert but do you have any evidence that vaccinations do not actually give your immune system a bit of a work out?
Absolutely they do, but when you read the research around antibodies and T cells for covid from previous colds and flus, it makes you realise we need to keep up our acquired immunity as humans.

Yeah, amazing isn't it?

Almost as amazing as watching the entire world move towards putting in place to strategies to deal with climate change and you thinking it is all a communist conspiracy....now that really is "wow"

By 2050 when the world is carbon neutral, you will still be yelling at the clouds

Again I say, Oh dear.....

‘if we are relatively successful, those deniers still alive will say ‘see I told you it was nothing to worry about’

But isn’t it known communist countries have had some of the worst environmental performances?

Anecdotally, I haven't had a cold since the start of March. Normally I would get two or three over the course of winter, but this year it's 0. Funny that.

Also you reminded me of this ad

Going to be a long time before this type of message will be remotely appealing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back