Society/Culture Life after Covid-19

Remove this Banner Ad

Over The Post

Perrottet's Spiritual Advisor
Nov 17, 2007
Bikini Atoll
AFL Club
Richmond
It's basically pigeons coming home to roost.

A vast number of people who have been comfortably employed for 10, 15, 20, 30, 40 years have ignored, or been shielded from, the absolute carnage in several industries as unions have been destroyed and "skilled migrants" and students are imported in the hundreds of thousands to do the same work for half the pay or even less, with sh*t conditions, and no protection. Add to this the seismic shift from permanent employment to insecure casual labour.

Covid forced hundreds of thousands of these people into a situation where they are competing for work with lowest common denominator wages and conditions.

This is resulting in the big fu** You from them.

There are also the hundreds of thousands who have been working from home during covid and suddenly realise there IS a life outside of the office, and they DO have families, and there IS more to life than sitting in traffic for two hours a day, and they don't want to go back.

This is resulting in the big fu** You from them.

About time, is all I say.

Christopher Buttersnip

Beware of the Drop Bears
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne
Wondered with the move for more peeps working remotely and that likely to continue post-Covid whether invasive home monitoring practices might be on employers agenda.

Monitoring and surveillance technology can be a force for good, but only when it is done right, thought through carefully, and examined from a variety of perspectives – including the rights of the surveilled.

SaintsSeptember

Hall of Famer
Mar 19, 2008
Narre Warren North
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Wondered with the move for more peeps working remotely and that likely to continue post-Covid whether invasive home monitoring practices might be on employers agenda.

With some jobs, you need to get it done, and if you don't work enough you don't get it done.

Other jobs , such as sales order entry, oh yeah, they monitor the crap out of you,
Here is the computer you will be using.
It knows when you take a phonecall, it knows when you are typing.
You are allowed a half hour for lunch, and two 10 minute breaks.
Don't spend too long in the toilet.

Deliverance

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Talking of chickens home to roost. I wonder if people will take responsibility for their health outcomes covid considering the whole co morobititeis thing. Probably not after the government's response, but we can live in hope.

Number37

Anyhow, have a Winfield 25.
Oct 5, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
Talking of chickens home to roost. I wonder if people will take responsibility for their health outcomes covid considering the whole co morobititeis thing. Probably not after the government's response, but we can live in hope.
Bit of self reflection ya reckon...
I wonder if the 'lockdowns are bad for mental health" crowd will still vote for locking up refugees?

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad