Society/Culture Life after Covid-19

Remove this Banner Ad

In terms of life after Covid, one thing I found out yesterday from my wife talking to Chinese businesspeople in China, is that lots of the Chinese over there are blown away by Australia’s record through this.

Heaps, HEAPS want to immigrate here when we open the borders again, they see us as a safe haven from future outbreaks of Coronaviruses. They also like how transparent our government has been (compared to theirs) about this crisis.

$6m average house prices in melbourne sydney in a decade then

In terms of life after Covid, one thing I found out yesterday from my wife talking to Chinese businesspeople in China, is that lots of the Chinese over there are blown away by Australia’s record through this.

Heaps, HEAPS want to immigrate here when we open the borders again, they see us as a safe haven from future outbreaks of Coronaviruses. They also like how transparent our government has been (compared to theirs) about this crisis.

From what i understand its become a lot harder in recent years for Chinese people to move over here, and smuggle their money into this Country, due to government monitoring (mainly from the CCP).

Post Covid, Universitys use of the taxpayers money must be exposed for all to see in the same way Catholic Schools have been sent back to school.

These institutions are not a law unto themselves,
University of Adelaide vice-chancellor Peter Rathjen has taken an indefinite leave of absence less than 24 hours after chancellor Kevin Scarce resigned without public explanation yesterday.

"University of Adelaide staff desperately need clarity from the University Council and the remaining senior management on why the chancellor has resigned and why the vice-chancellor is taking indefinite leave," the union's Adelaide branch president, Nick Warner, said.

I would anticipate that companies and investors will better prepare for future crises. This will result in greater asset to debt ratios. I think people will become more risk averse in the property market.

I would anticipate that companies and investors will better prepare for future crises. This will result in greater asset to debt ratios. I think people will become more risk averse in the property market.

In a low interest rate world IMO we will just see more of the same. i.e. hocked to the eyeballs companies and people.

From what i understand its become a lot harder in recent years for Chinese people to move over here, and smuggle their money into this Country, due to government monitoring (mainly from the CCP).
Unless they meet an asset threshold ($10m AUD?) - IIRC there is a mechanism for fast tracking residency applications.

Unless they meet an asset threshold ($10m AUD?) - IIRC there is a mechanism for fast tracking residency applications.

Which i think is crazy that anyone with money can buy their way into a country. I get the economic argument but from a social, and philosophical level its fundamentally wrong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone should just wear masks. It should be the new norm, just like wearing clothes. It's not so bad, really. Think about it. Apart from COVID-19, you'll actually suffer from less of your generic flus and colds!

Everyone should just wear masks. It should be the new norm, just like wearing clothes. It's not so bad, really. Think about it. Apart from COVID-19, you'll actually suffer from less of your generic flus and colds!

Be a lot easier to sell to the public to have to wear a mask when going out, than downloading an App. Make the masks available everywhere i.e. supermarkets, pubs, parks, community centres.

My architect told me his Chinese clients are just banking for each other. Ie One would lend a friend $AUD for a house and just pay them back in Yuan back home.

Masks will make holding up servos and banks a lot easier. No more "remove your helmet/mask before entering" signs.

Masks are not necessary, as well as inconvenient, hot, a disguise. Much of our verbal communication relies on lip-reading as well as the audio. If you maintain distancing - and you can - and don't go out when you're unwell, that will go a long way to reducing the incidence of colds and flu. Plus hand sanitisers should be at the entry point of large stores (Bunnings doing this now).

Masks will make holding up servos and banks a lot easier. No more "remove your helmet/mask before entering" signs.

Masks are not necessary, as well as inconvenient, hot, a disguise. Much of our verbal communication relies on lip-reading as well as the audio. If you maintain distancing - and you can - and don't go out when you're unwell, that will go a long way to reducing the incidence of colds and flu. Plus hand sanitisers should be at the entry point of large stores (Bunnings doing this now).

There's a lot of conflicting info about masks. Hard to know what to believe sometimes.

I've read somewhere that the R0 goes below zero if at least 80% of the population wear masks. Don't know if that's true, but if it is, it would seem like a no-brainer.

My point is people generally believe kids are super spreaders of infection generally even if unaffected themselves.

the experts aren’t even mentioning this let alone addressing it. 40% of people didn’t keep their kids out of school out of concern for old teachers

Couple of studies out lately saying kids dont spread it much and no super spreader events have come out of schools. Kids at primary school in particular arent at risk of spreading it apparently.

Couple of studies out lately saying kids dont spread it much and no super spreader events have come out of schools. Kids at primary school in particular arent at risk of spreading it apparently.
Yeah, it's odd. Kids are often super spreaders for influenzas yet with this critter, it doesn't seem to be so. Some clever scientists will work out why one day, but for the moment, It remains a mystery. Another reason this is not the 'flu' to all those folks who like to disinform by calling it that.

And to answer the OP - sex, drugs and rock and roll. I so much want to see some bands, but I think that sort of entertainment will one of the last to return.

There's a lot of conflicting info about masks. Hard to know what to believe sometimes.

I've read somewhere that the R0 goes below zero if at least 80% of the population wear masks. Don't know if that's true, but if it is, it would seem like a no-brainer.

R0 below Zero. Good trick.
So if you wear a mask you cure someone who already has it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back