Society/Culture Life after Covid-19

Remove this Banner Ad

It's basically pigeons coming home to roost.

A vast number of people who have been comfortably employed for 10, 15, 20, 30, 40 years have ignored, or been shielded from, the absolute carnage in several industries as unions have been destroyed and "skilled migrants" and students are imported in the hundreds of thousands to do the same work for half the pay or even less, with s**t conditions, and no protection. Add to this the seismic shift from permanent employment to insecure casual labour.

Covid forced hundreds of thousands of these people into a situation where they are competing for work with lowest common denominator wages and conditions.

This is resulting in the big * You from them.

There are also the hundreds of thousands who have been working from home during covid and suddenly realise there IS a life outside of the office, and they DO have families, and there IS more to life than sitting in traffic for two hours a day, and they don't want to go back.

This is resulting in the big * You from them.

About time, is all I say.

Wondered with the move for more peeps working remotely and that likely to continue post-Covid whether invasive home monitoring practices might be on employers agenda.

Monitoring and surveillance technology can be a force for good, but only when it is done right, thought through carefully, and examined from a variety of perspectives – including the rights of the surveilled.

Wondered with the move for more peeps working remotely and that likely to continue post-Covid whether invasive home monitoring practices might be on employers agenda.

With some jobs, you need to get it done, and if you don't work enough you don't get it done.

Other jobs , such as sales order entry, oh yeah, they monitor the crap out of you,
Here is the computer you will be using.
It knows when you take a phonecall, it knows when you are typing.
You are allowed a half hour for lunch, and two 10 minute breaks.
Don't spend too long in the toilet.

Talking of chickens home to roost. I wonder if people will take responsibility for their health outcomes covid considering the whole co morobititeis thing. Probably not after the government's response, but we can live in hope.

Bit of self reflection ya reckon...
I wonder if the 'lockdowns are bad for mental health" crowd will still vote for locking up refugees?

Dr John Campbell is looking at omicron data from different parts of the world. It's highly transmissible - so he's predicting almost everyone will be exposed to omicron in the next few weeks. There could be some health resourcing issues due to so many people being infected at the same time - but so far it's proving to be a much less dangerous than previous variants.

In conclusion, he's saying that the pandemic will be over in a few weeks and we can all go back to normal. Does anyone even remember normal?

I think he's naive to think that objective health policies can end this pandemic. There are clearly many financial and political influences at play that have an interest in the 'pandemic' continuing.

Last edited:

Dr John Campbell is looking at omicron data from different parts of the world. It's highly transmissible - so he's predicting almost everyone will be exposed to omicron in the next few weeks. There could be some health resourcing issues due to so many people being infected at the same time - but so far it's proving to be a much less dangerous than previous variants.

In conclusion, he's saying that the pandemic will be over in a few weeks and we can all go back to normal. Does anyone even remember normal?

I think he's naive to think that objective health policies can end this pandemic. There are clearly many financial and political influences at play that have an interest in the 'pandemic' continuing.

Only in a let it rip approach

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is the magic number of infections.

Assuming no mutations, is 50% cases of Covid in total and less than say 100k per day in Europe enough to let the virus die out. That would be less than 1 person per 100 in public infectious with 49 able to contract the virus

Chief the political game where you pick 20 seats to get highest total swing. Could also do party totals. Would be anninteresting game

"The Great Resignation"

https://www.smartcompany.com.au/coronavirus/great-resignation-australia/

A survey of 1800 workers conducted by consulting firm PwC Australia found 38% want to find a new job in the next 12 months.

What’s more, six in 10 people who have left a business in the past year are also looking to leave their current employer in the next 12 months.
I work in a very busy govt department and so many staff have left for better jobs which has only placed more pressure on existing staff who in turn leave for better opportunities.

I work in a very busy govt department and so many staff have left for better jobs which has only placed more pressure on existing staff who in turn leave for better opportunities.

Many govt departments are highly paid people doing useless tasks. They will leave if they can get more money for doing another useless thing. Or just for the change in scenery after a few months.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back