Multiplat Life is Strange: Before the Storm

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
A prequel - following Chloe and Rachel - is CONFIRMED to be being developed by Deck Nine (previously Idol Minds - developers of Pain) in addition to Dontnod's sequel, according to a series of leaks.

Episode 1 of 3 will be released on the 31st of August.

http://au.ign.com/articles/2017/06/01/life-is-strange-prequel-reportedly-leaked

2fPve4t.jpg

AXN5Xf6.jpg

pmAHlu8.jpg

z5tZM9N.jpg

tP2dYdA.jpg

pGCcr9q.jpg

Tx5uleM.jpg

3ZMor4n.jpg

That last image tells us a fair bit about Rachel... use spoiler tags for speculation.

Discuss the original game here.
When more information is provided on Dontnod's announced sequel to Life is Strange (rumoured to be at E3), feel free to create a new thread for it. For now, use the base thread for sequel discussion - remember spoiler tags!

Last edited:

In, obviously. I do worry though that between a prequel and a sequel its going to feel a bit milked. Only have to look at The Walking Dead and how they've struggled to maintain the emotional impact of the original game.

I wonder if this would imply that

Dontnod has chosen the Chloe dies ending of LIS for season 2 and this is the way of them being able to do a Chloe story and a Max story.

Because I still don't see how they do a continuation of Season 1 without annoying sections of the userbase by making their ending not 'cannon'

I wonder if this would imply that

Dontnod has chosen the Chloe dies ending of LIS for season 2 and this is the way of them being able to do a Chloe story and a Max story.

Because I still don't see how they do a continuation of Season 1 without annoying sections of the userbase by making their ending not 'cannon'
Quite a while ago, I remember reading an interview with somebody from Dontnod suggesting that Season 2 would feature a new setting and new characters. I can't seem to find it now, but I'm sure I heard that. Would certainly add more context to Square's decision to outsource a prequel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

pre-order is up on PSN
Pre-order bonus PS4 theme and Chloe outfit from the original game

$25.95 for the season pass
$37.95 for the deluxe ed with a
- bonus episode "Farewell" where you get to play as a young Max
- Mixtape mode where you can make your own mixtape for the game from the soundtrack
- and an outfit pack with 3 outfits for Chloe

So this isn't LIS 2? So this is basically DLC for lis1? I'm confused
It's basically a spin-off miniseries telling the story of Chloe and Rachel.

Original developers are working on a separate sequel.

It's basically a spin-off miniseries telling the story of Chloe and Rachel.

Original developers are working on a separate sequel.
Ah that's alright then. I don't really feel we need any more story regarding Chloe or Max as the story in LIS1 wraps up itself nicely with no questions left. But as long as it doesn't interfere with a standalone sequel it should be fine.

Don't really care for a prequel. Nor a continuation of Max's story.

Would have been nice to see totally new characters and a story.
I dont think we will hear much about LiS2 till after they have finished Vampyr and the whole teams is working on the sequel, i think they only have a small team doing pre production now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back