Multiplat Life is Strange: Before the Storm

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, pretty sure its only a 3 ep series this time. Might want to double check though
Yep. Only 3.

For the special edition though there's going to be an extra Max episode, however I don't think that's got a date nor been spoken about yet. Probably another month or two away on that, at a guess.

I played Ep1 when it came out, waiting for the last one before playing the others. I'm away till mid Jan so won't get a chance until then.

Finished the first ep the other day.
Pretty good.

They are selling ep 2-3 together so i might grab them now.
Post your choices!

Didn't blow me away but was good fan service. I chose not to inform Rachel about the truth at the end and also did not setup the meeting between Rachel and her mother. The post credits scene was s**t and I didn't think was necessary. It was tragic enough to begin not including that. Overall a solid expac for fans of LIS.

Just smoked through all three eps - these games, I swear:

First off, the post Ep 3 credits scene is a ******* gut-wrencher :( If you want to fall in an immediate heap of tears, after feeling so good about the concepts of love and friendship, watch til the end of the credits :'(

Would have loved an additional two episodes in the series, but I feel this edition captured the environment of the first LiS really well. While the characters weren't as 'deep' as the first game (I found I didn't really care about anyone outside of Rachel/Chloe), it didn't take me long before I was invested in the story. It definitely filled the holes and answered some of the questions the first game pitted us.

They nailed the music again - makes such a difference when games do this well.

There were some truly heartfelt moments where I found myself tearing up at the screen - the part at the end of the Tempest scene where Rachel goes off script to tell Chloe how she feels about her in Shakespeare speak was really touching. The final decision you make as Chloe made a mess of me as well. It really takes you back to your high school years where you'd feel infatuation/love for another person.

Finished the 3rd ep today. Great series and really well done.

The toughest moments of the game come in the final scenes (especially the scene after the credits/stats - heartbreaking!).

Choices
I told Rachel the truth (49%).
I killed the plant with soda (82%).
I accepted David's photograph (90%).
I didn't have Drew's money at the start of the day (61%).
I visited the Norths at the hospital (73%).
I didn't donate to the firefighters fund (95%).
I convinced Damon that Sheldon was the snitch (53%).
Rachel didn't meet her mother (89%).

Can't wait for the 'Farewell' episode. Bringing back the original voice actors too!

OK Episode One in the bank
Where to start, the vibe as Chloe is quite different, I guess I'm more of a Max myself, do the right thing, I often struggle to be the arsehole in games where I have the choice, though I did try to pick the more Chloe options. Not being able to rewind changes the importance of choices, might also impact replay ability as you can't experience as much of each episodes conversations in the one play through

Music is very much Chloe's LIS mix tape, on point again I would say. Not sure it's going to be as amazing a sound track as the first one but that was something special

I like that even though the game is newer and they have obviously upped the tech that they have kept the look and style of the first game so well, wish it was the original Chloe's voice though, so close to playing through LIS again it's a little jarring at first.

It's funny seeing a little of the Chloe Max dynamic flipped in the Rachel Chloe relationship, but it fits in well with how Chloe is about Rachel in LIS, I can only imagine how this will up the ante for a replay of LIS down the track (hey I gotta try and get the rest of the photos sometime)

So onto the Choices
I attacked
I was mean to Joyce
I defended Nathan
I told Rachel more than Friends

Took the money
bought pot
read Joyce Book
Put the photo on the dresser
didnt put money in Joyce purse
Told Eliot I would go to the play
Told Skip I liked the demo
finished the table top game (good fun)
sabotaged VC homework
told Rachel love is stoopid
shared the earbuds
jumped from the train

Looking forward to getting into Episode two over the next week

oh man my poor wife is devo
she didn't realise I'd already got the digital special edition, actually didn't realise the game had come out yet and went and ordered this off EB

https://www.ebgames.com.au/xbox-one-238206-Life-is-Strange-Before-the-Storm-Limited-Edition-Xbox-One

LIS_ChibiFigure_PreorderBonus_ZOOM.png

The art book could be cool

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is hard
knowing how this all ends for Rachel and Chloe makes enjoying their time together hard, there's this sadness in the background because we know Rachel never makes it out of town and Chloe gets even more ****ed up.

Haven't finished episode two but seeing Rachel in the clothes of hers that max wears in the original is a bit of a trip.

Finished episode 3.

Chose to hide the truth from Rachel.

Good game. Good last episode. Things started happening finally. Definitely enjoyed the original more though. I know this was more of a side thing but it felt a bit slow in those first two episodes.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Episode 2 done thoughts and choices below

so that ending snuck up on me, it was pretty obvious that the mysterious tattooed lady was important someone and interested in somebody at the school but Rachel's mum, did not see that coming

Took the blame for Rachel
Refused to empty my pockets for David
Stayed with Mikey
Asked Rachel to get a tattoo

Intended to go to the play with Elliot
Refused to start over with David
Put the singing man on the dashboard
didn't pay off my debt to Frank
Didnt tell Steph that Rachel was single

Didn't return Drew's money (and boy do I feel shitty for that one)

Told Samantha to give Nathan Space
Tricked Victoria before the play
Told Rachel lets go to LA
Rachel attacked James at dinner

its a very different game to LIS, obviously with Chloe and nothing supernatural happening so far its going to be plus they are a bit constrained by the fact we know Chloe will get expelled, won't be friends with David and doesn't leave town with Rachel

Though how we get to all those points is what we find out. It's fun to be in Arcadia Bay again and spend more time with Chloe and get to know Rachel

Next up Episode 3 but not tonight

And done
So choices
I didn't tell Rachel the truth
I killed the plant with soda water
I accepted David's photo
I gave Drew's money to Damon
I visited the Norths in hospital
I didn't donate to the firefighters
I convinced Damon that Sheldon was the snitch
Rachel didnt meet her mum

It was a smaller and yet bigger story, much more grounded.
I'd loved to have seen the proper voice cast do it I just feel the acting was a little week and struggled to elevate the writing

Damn if it didn't still get me at times though

* you for the reminder right at the end that it all turns to s**t

And thanks for another journey in Arcadia Bay

I'm still a Max at heart but Chloe was fun

Got round to playing Ep 2:

Went along with Rachel
Emptied my pockets for David
Gave Damon the money
Asked Rachel for a kiss (Why on earth would you not choose this?!)

-----

Didn't go to the play with Elliot
Agreed to start over with David
Put the singing man on the dashboard
Didn't pay off my debt to Frank
Didn't tell Steph that Rachel was single
Didn't return Drew's money
Told Samantha to help Nathan
Discouraged Victoria from acting in the play
Told Rachel to go on a road trip
Attacked James at dinner

It's good, still gets you in the feels as you go through but lacks the big emotional punches of the first one. Understandable I guess, as being a prequel it can't be too out there.

Will try finish Ep 3 tomorrow.

Early Ep 3:

Could Rose sounds any more robotic? It's hard listening to this dialog.
yeah I think the voice acting suffers from the strike in this one, a few people really sound like they are just reading their lines off the page

Remove this Banner Ad

Back