Multiplat Life is Strange

Remove this Banner Ad

episode 4 choices
accepted chole's request was sad as hell but yeah * that
stopped warren for beating up nathan
no one got hurt
victoria believed my warning

thoughts
great episode was so sad seeing chloe like that in the wheelchair and all they played at all the heart strings.i ******* had a feeling that teacher was a dodgy campaigner so i guess that means david is the good guy.

episode 5
that sneaking section can suck a massive bag of utensils. as for the final decision i went with
save chloe * letting her die after 5 episodes of trying to save her im not just going to
throw it away. arcadia bay was a s**t hole and the people there were all campaigners except for joyce/kate/warren

they really did a great job with this series the music and atmosphere were well done cant wait for the proper sequel next up before the storm

Thanks for the heads up Gralin. Finished this game yesterday - needless to say - it's still been on my mind all day. Just masterful storytelling and narrative choices all the way through.

I don't know if I was supposed to see that final choice coming - but * man... did it hit me like a tonne of bricks.

For reference, my sister-in-law (32) died suddenly in February from likely drug-related domestic violence (inquest pending). Though older than Chloe, her character was quite similar - funny, caring and empathetic - but also a rebel, lost soul and struggling to find her place in the world. Similar issues regarding a lack of a father figure - but more extreme.

Anyway, I decided to save Chloe. It's interesting that they leave it ambiguous as to what the true toll of your final decision is on the people of Blackwell - but I don't have a problem with that. I don't think the decision is intended to be a glorified trolley problem - I think it is more about how we as humans process and ultimately deal with loss and grief.

When you suddenly lose someone close, if you could, you feel that you would willingly destroy the fabric of time and space to get them back. You go through waves of grief and regret, but it all for naught, and ultimately you have to move on. As Joyce says about William in Episode 2: "I'm glad, Max. That was his gift to us... wonderful memories. Even if Chloe doesn't understand yet."

I agree with the prevailing view that the game pushes you towards is the 'Sacrifice Chloe' ending - but I don't think this is the 'true' or 'correct' ending. It's a narrative choice in a video game - it gives you what you don't get in reality - the power to see and live that fictional 'what if' scenario. I see both options as perfectly valid in this respect - I'm not ready to see the other ending just yet.

Thanks for the heads up Gralin. Finished this game yesterday - needless to say - it's still been on my mind all day. Just masterful storytelling and narrative choices all the way through.

I don't know if I was supposed to see that final choice coming - but fu** man... did it hit me like a tonne of bricks.

For reference, my sister-in-law (32) died suddenly in February from likely drug-related domestic violence (inquest pending). Though older than Chloe, her character was quite similar - funny, caring and empathetic - but also a rebel, lost soul and struggling to find her place in the world. Similar issues regarding a lack of a father figure - but more extreme.

Anyway, I decided to save Chloe. It's interesting that they leave it ambiguous as to what the true toll of your final decision is on the people of Blackwell - but I don't have a problem with that. I don't think the decision is intended to be a glorified trolley problem - I think it is more about how we as humans process and ultimately deal with loss and grief.

When you suddenly lose someone close, if you could, you feel that you would willingly destroy the fabric of time and space to get them back. You go through waves of grief and regret, but it all for naught, and ultimately you have to move on. As Joyce says about William in Episode 2: "I'm glad, Max. That was his gift to us... wonderful memories. Even if Chloe doesn't understand yet."

I agree with the prevailing view that the game pushes you towards is the 'Sacrifice Chloe' ending - but I don't think this is the 'true' or 'correct' ending. It's a narrative choice in a video game - it gives you what you don't get in reality - the power to see and live that fictional 'what if' scenario. I see both options as perfectly valid in this respect - I'm not ready to see the other ending just yet.
Yes it was a shame how they treated that ending

I don't know if I was supposed to see that final choice coming - but fu** man... did it hit me like a tonne of bricks.

Be sure the check out Before the Storm and also the Farewell episode! (Do Farewell last)

Anyone played the sequel? I played the first part about a year ago whilst awaiting for the next parts to get release, but just wasn't the same. Am certainly in no rush to go out and purchase the rest just yet.
It's ok, still worth playing, just not as good as the first though. I found it pretty frustrating as you really just get ****ed on right through, there's multiple endings and for me they kinda all sucked. The feels moments just aren't the same.

Anyone played the sequel? I played the first part about a year ago whilst awaiting for the next parts to get release, but just wasn't the same. Am certainly in no rush to go out and purchase the rest just yet.
Yeah it's got it's own thread
I think it's decent and has its oh s**t moments but it's not the same LIS
Before the storm really hooks on the feels of the original, also has it's own thread

They also just released a 3 part game called Tell Me Why set on Alaska with a new engine. Beautiful looking game and the scenery candy is well worth it right now.

Got to the last episode, with no real intention of completing it.

Found the characters annoying. Struggled to feel totally immersed and connected to their fate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back