Life Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

servo

All Australian
Apr 29, 2000
adelaide
At the AGM tonight the club gave 5 life memberships.

Ben Hart
Shaun Rehn
Bob Hammond
Bill Sanders
& some other admin bloke I had never heard of and can't remember now.

What was the reaction to Rehny getting the life membership? and was he there to accept it?

I also see they made a $1.4m+ profit again despite another poor year. I think the club is getting it too easy although total revenue was down $2.36m. It must be nice to run a business that can perform at a mediocre level for two years running and still make huge profits.

Spoggs

80% of the profit must go back to the local league. So the club keeps very little really. But you are right, a very good result for an unsuccessful year.

Servo,

There seems to be an anomaly with the distribution to the SANFL requirement. What is to stop a club, e.g.Port Adelaide, spending money that it doesn't really have to so it can make a loss and not have to disburse money to the SANFL.

I'm sure both SA clubs could find lots of ways to spend excess profits if they wanted too. I haven't heard any feedback but I bet the Crows wouldn't be too happy that they might have been dudded by Port.

I think the Power has used some clever accounting in setting up their "Foundation". Money donated to this was used to build their players' facilities, and as far as I know did not get counted in their "profit" to be distributed to the SANFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back