Lifting Numbers

Remove this Banner Ad

Deadlift 40kg
Squat 40kg

I’m so weak :D

Shoe-in for the weak woman award.

You think that that is a legitimate way to bench? Their is a difference between your physiological makeup and your technique.
Have you seen many bench comps?

You think that that is a legitimate way to bench? Their is a difference between your physiological makeup and your technique.

Did her ass and shoulders stay in contact with the bench?
Did the bar get lowered, touch her chest and then get pressed back up?

Did her ass and shoulders stay in contact with the bench?
Did the bar get lowered, touch her chest and then get pressed back up?
It is a lot easier to bench a lot more weight when your chest is inflated mate. Sure your backside and shoulders can be flat, but you can puff your chest out like a mountain gorilla and and reduce your ROM significantly.

Thread isn't about this, it's about your top 3 lifts. What are yours?

Lifts all done in Powerlifting comps
240kg squat @ 81kg
132.5kg bench press @ 84kg (this was done in a bench only comp, my best 3 lift bench is 127.5kg @ 81kg done in the same comp as the squat)
240kg deadlift @ 79kg (have lifted 250kg but dropped it on the way down so deservedly got red lights for it)

It is a lot easier to bench a lot more weight when your chest is inflated mate. Sure your backside and shoulders can be flat, but you can puff your chest out like a mountain gorilla and and reduce your ROM significantly.

You say that, but I bench more in a flatter set up because I get more leg drive and just as importantly the flatter set up doesn’t fatigue my erectors or lats as much therefore reducing the impact on my deadlift if I’m doing a 3 lift comp

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, and don't really agree at all with the numbers lifted due to the fact that this technique is used. Anyway, that isn't what this thread is about, so post your numbers for your top 3 lifts and maybe even your bodyweight.
I rarely train 1RM so numbers would be a little different to most - plus I'm a classic long femur/skinny type.

187cm, 88kgs
Bench 110kgs, DL 170kgs, Squat 110kgs

In a front-squat phase now though so back squats always suffer, wrist & thumb injury so doing 5x sets for reps on DL, dumbbell phase for bench.

240kg squat @ 81kg
132.5kg bench press @ 84kg (this was done in a bench only comp, my best 3 lift bench is 127.5kg @ 81kg done in the same comp as the squat)
240kg deadlift @ 79kg (have lifted 250kg but dropped it on the way down so deservedly got red lights for it)
Impressive numbers. You must be putting in a significant amount of training. Good effort.

I rarely train 1RM so numbers would be a little different to most - plus I'm a classic long femur/skinny type.

187cm, 88kgs
Bench 110kgs, DL 170kgs, Squat 110kgs

In a front-squat phase now though so back squats always suffer, wrist & thumb injury so doing 5x sets for reps on DL, dumbbell phase for bench.
I am probably a similar body type to you. I am a bit more limited with time and ability to train so i am doing my best.

Bench - 105kg
Squat - 124kg
Deadlifts - not really doing them but i need to get back into it. I hurt my back one evening as i was training when fatigued, and it's put me off a bit. But i know it's not really a good enough excuse. I deadlifted for years and built up to 185kg for my 1RM, but on this occasion i have just been put off due to tweaking my back. First time i had hurt it in about 14 years of training.

Deadlifts - not really doing them but i need to get back into it. I hurt my back one evening as i was training when fatigued, and it's put me off a bit. But i know it's not really a good enough excuse. I deadlifted for years and built up to 185kg for my 1RM, but on this occasion i have just been put off due to tweaking my back. First time i had hurt it in about 14 years of training.
Hating the injuries, I hit 170kg deadlift the day after my 40th birthday but I've had a lot of niggles this year - mostly stupid things incurred outside of the gym (thumb/wrist was from lifting a 110kg farmer onto my shoulder during a drunken festival singalong)

Dead 160
Squat 100 (maybe 110)
Bench 90 X 6 (haven't tested 1RM in a while)

BW 83-85 kg, 183 cm. Been lifting for about a year.

Last edited:
240kg squat @ 81kg
Are these numbers competitive at a meet? Thinking about powerlifting one day so good to get a general idea of what to aim for. Also may I ask your height?

Hating the injuries, I hit 170kg deadlift the day after my 40th birthday but I've had a lot of niggles this year - mostly stupid things incurred outside of the gym (thumb/wrist was from lifting a 110kg farmer onto my shoulder during a drunken festival singalong)
That's good. Do you feel you've got stronger with age? I am 32 and have been lifting a while, feel as though I am probably building towards my strongest now. Deadlift the only one I am not doing at the moment. I feel I need to start getting back to these.

Are these numbers competitive at a meet? Thinking about powerlifting one day so good to get a general idea of what to aim for. Also may I ask your height?

Nah I get blown out of the water lol.
To break the top half dozen at a National comp I’d have to go 280/160/300 or thereabouts.
Think the top 82.5kg lifter goes at around 330/190/360.

I’m around 178-179cm

*edit*
This is Australia’s top 82.5kg lifter

Last edited:
That's good. Do you feel you've got stronger with age? I am 32 and have been lifting a while, feel as though I am probably building towards my strongest now. Deadlift the only one I am not doing at the moment. I feel I need to start getting back to these.
Recovery is definitely an issue, especially legs although my volume is high mostly because I cycle commute as well as run.
Strength wise it takes a bit more to build back up after holidays / mixing programmes up but it's not too bad. Age is a convenient excuse for a lot of people.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back