News Light Tiger

Remove this Banner Ad

one of his few strengths has been his motor so you would expect him to do well at the time trial.
as for the what was it 81kg hes at you can bet by the start of the yr he will lose it.
i bet newman mentioned nothing about his footskills.

one of his few strengths has been his motor so you would expect him to do well at the time trial.
as for the what was it 81kg hes at you can bet by the start of the yr he will lose it.

:rolleyes:Love your optimism as always .... never miss a chance to condemn a Tigers player, do you.
I'm sure measures are in place for Edwards to remain at 81kg or 82kg during the season.
As for expected to do well at the time trial … seemingly said with a tinge of sadness that he did do well!!!

well we'll just have to wait and see about the weight. but yea footskills can sometimes be shocking. 2010 he was very servicable hopefully he gets back to that form.

always so negative :rolleyes:

It's no good if you can't play footy. Lots of the blokes have been putting good muscle on, but like Santa said, they're all going to trim down a bit before the season starts as the running intensifies.

He's going to have to pull something a bit more from his bum than putting on a few kilos if he is to have any chance amongst the talent that is being injected.

It's no good if you can't play footy. Lots of the blokes have been putting good muscle on, but like Santa said, they're all going to trim down a bit before the season starts as the running intensifies.

He's going to have to pull something a bit more from his bum than putting on a few kilos if he is to have any chance amongst the talent that is being injected.

What about the fact that he's a great decision maker in heavy traffick, his handball skills are first rate, he puts his head over the ball and never shirks an issue. I'm sure his foot skills will improve.

Shane Edwards is the worst regular firsts player in the game. Accept it.

Rubbish, no where near the worst player, he is just an ordinary kick and a bit light, which he seems to be addressing, as Magic17 said he is very good at disposal by hand and he gets in for the pill.

It starts to get depressing reading all the negativity on the BF boards from so called Richmond supporters, then you realise it's just the same old few, shame really because it tars us all with the same brush ie we eat our own.

Draft history: 2006 NAB AFL Draft 2nd round selection (Richmond) No. 26 overall.

Unfortunately has shocking foot skills and has been in the system for 5 years.

Where is the meteoric rise in his foot skills going to come from, to allow him to have adequate disposal by foot?

IMO i dont think he has any more clangers than many other players. just his clangers stand out and always seem to be when he is running full tilt.

IMO i dont think he has any more clangers than many other players. just his clangers stand out and always seem to be when he is running full tilt.
Yeah aggree hes a bit like grigg and has the odd absolute shocker that really sticks in ya mind which makes ya think hes worse than he really is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair to him I reckon hes an ok kick. If you havent played footy before its not easy to break lines and still kick straight at full speed. Edwards just needs some composure and some more confidence and he will be a gem.

What about the fact that he's a great decision maker in heavy traffick, his handball skills are first rate, he puts his head over the ball and never shirks an issue. I'm sure his foot skills will improve.

This!!!:thumbsu: Edwards is a gun and will be one of our top ten players next year I am sure of it. All the negative people should settle down a bit and support our playing group more. The guy is only 23 years old and has a lot of really good attributes - I can't wait to see him in action next year.

This, they're so often under no pressure at all, when Edwards shanks a kick, it really sticks in your mind. He's nowhere near as bad as some people on here believe.

This, they're so often under no pressure at all, when Edwards shanks a kick, it really sticks in your mind. He's nowhere near as bad as some people on here believe.
Well said!
Edwards generally takes the game on, playing on (in the corridor); He typically kicks from HB to mid, or mid to HF (down the corridor). As the saying goes, the heat is in the kitchen, especially in the corridor; So when it comes undone it hurts you comming back the other way; Funny how "we forget the times it comes off", & we are jumping up & down after Jack , Vickery or Nahas has scored due to Edwards (taking the game on, NO different to Rodan)...:thumbsu:

Well said!
Edwards generally takes the game on, playing on (in the corridor); He typically kicks from HB to mid, or mid to HF (down the corridor). As the saying goes, the heat is in the kitchen, especially in the corridor; So when it comes undone it hurts you comming back the other way; Funny how "we forget the times it comes off", & we are jumping up & down after Jack , Vickery or Nahas has scored due to Edwards (taking the game on, NO different to Rodan)...:thumbsu:

Good call In the jungle. it did seem to take him a bit of time to settle this season. But I'm in his corner & hope he has a scorcher of a year in 2012.:thumbsu:

:rolleyes:Love your optimism as always .... never miss a chance to condemn a Tigers player, do you.
I'm sure measures are in place for Edwards to remain at 81kg or 82kg during the season.
As for expected to do well at the time trial … seemingly said with a tinge of sadness that he did do well!!!

just balancing out an overly optimistic fluff piece.

what saddens me is the fact this very ordinary player will get 6 yrs minimum.
yep we just keep on making the same mistakes over and over. jeremy webberley is a better player and thats saying something.
edwards is your typical rfc player. a couple of decent attributes which wins over the blind ferals with plenty of poor ones. yep glass half full sums him up well.
personally ive seen more than enough of him. the only thing that will make me happy is if he never plays another game for us.
no more duds i say and no more bloody fluff pieces either what a joke.

and this is why im happy people like santa claws have nothin to do with richmond football club.

Edwards weighed 80 in 2010 then went down to 78 in 2011. Last preseason he looked like a tank in an interview on roar vision. I'd barely think he'd look any bigger during next season. Hope I'm wrong though :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back