Lights Out!

Remove this Banner Ad

Xsess

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 22, 2007
On top of the world
AFL Club
West Coast
South Australia is now the epicentre of what happens when ideology is confronted by reality. Where energy security is lost at the altar of renewables, where one of the countries most leftist states finally gets found out for its folly. The welfare it relies on to shield it from the reality of cause vs effect can't restore the lights, keep food cool, maintain electronic banking systems and thus the normal everyday things most of us take for granted. This is the logical result if you sabotage your own power system!

As a colleague of mine negotiated the pitch darkness while escaping the carnage her Bangladeshi driver remarked that even in his own country a storm wouldn't shut down an entire state.... lol

Last edited:
The blackout never happened?

If it did it couldn't have been foreseen?

Certainly nothing to do with shutting power stations?

Absolutely... #nothingtodowithrenuables?

#itsthegreensfault

#otherthingsthatarethegreensfault

Holden leaving
Pauline Hanson
japanese/french subs
GWS
The " vibe " of MABO
The 1931 Adelaide beef riot

Feel free to add any i may have missed

Last edited:
South Australia is now the epicentre of what happens when ideology is confronted by reality. Where energy security is lost at the alter of renewables, where one of the countries most leftist states finally gets found out for its folly. The welfare it relies on to shield it from the reality of cause vs effect can't restore the lights, keep food cool, maintain electronic banking systems and thus the normal everyday things most of us take for granted. This is the logical result if you sabotage your own power system!

As a colleague of mine negotiated the pitch darkness while escaping the carnage her Bangladeshi driver remarked that even in his own country a storm wouldn't shut down an entire state.... lol

Right out of the Gina and friends handbook.

Renewable energy is the future regardless of your thoughts. Coal power is out of date, causes massive health and environmental problems from pollution.

It's time to look at renewable energy as an alternative to dirty coal powered stations. It's only the coal miners like Gina who dismiss renewables as it effects her greed and donations to her sycophantic Liberal party mates.

If someone can explain to me how anot her coal power plant would have kept the grid up, then I'll listen. Until late then all I hear is bullshit. It's not lIke the renewable sources failed to meet the base load... the grid went down. Due to shifty infrastructure.

Weve become a nation of ******* propagandasts.

If someone can explain to me how anot her coal power plant would have kept the grid up, then I'll listen. Until late then all I hear is bullshit. It's not lIke the renewable sources failed to meet the base load... the grid went down. Due to shifty infrastructure.

Right wing friend of mine, NTTAWWT, was on the phone within an hours of lights going out telling me how great this was for them.

South Australia is now the epicentre of what happens when ideology is confronted by reality. Where energy security is lost at the alter of renewables, where one of the countries most leftist states finally gets found out for its folly. The welfare it relies on to shield it from the reality of cause vs effect can't restore the lights, keep food cool, maintain electronic banking systems and thus the normal everyday things most of us take for granted. This is the logical result if you sabotage your own power system!

lel.

Also, can you please post any links or evidence, that shows that the power went out due specifically to renewable energy?

It doesn't matter how the power in generated (coal, wind or hamster wheels) if the distribution system gets kicked over.
Right out of the Gina and friends handbook.

Renewable energy is the future regardless of your thoughts. Coal power is out of date, causes massive health and environmental problems from pollution.

It's time to look at renewable energy as an alternative to dirty coal powered stations. It's only the coal miners like Gina who dismiss renewables as it effects her greed and donations to her sycophantic Liberal party mates.

Refresh our memories did the entire state of Louisiana black out when Hurricana Katrina struck?:D:D:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

South Australia is now the epicentre of what happens when ideology is confronted by reality. Where energy security is lost at the altar of renewables, where one of the countries most leftist states finally gets found out for its folly. The welfare it relies on to shield it from the reality of cause vs effect can't restore the lights, keep food cool, maintain electronic banking systems and thus the normal everyday things most of us take for granted. This is the logical result if you sabotage your own power system!

Foolish dumb political comment on what was severe storm damage which smashed critical infrastructure & had NOTHING to do with the mix of energy is just a smoke screen.
Turnbull etc are screeching this shyte to hide the complete fork up of the back packers tax & tax rises on tourist departures.
Its obvious this is their ploy. Its all about misdirection
If not, then they are total liars & fools. Me thinks not.

Not even Iraq's had an entire province blacked out.
Uh.....they do often every summer. Please Don't post lies. Its one of my memories of Iraq. Its often to do with outdated technology of dsitributing the power

Anyways

This blackout had nothing to do with renewable. Post why more coal power stations would of saved the state or shut the hell up

Lots of electrical engineers around now. Yeah a huge negitive of renewables is sometimes the instability (Solar power you have some explaining to do!) of strain on the grid but the amount of things knocked out in adelaide nothing would of saved the state from goinf our

Also, can you please post any links or evidence, that shows that the power went out due specifically to renewable energy?

The power systems experts that I work with (the blokes who designed iron ore industry power systems that get hit by cyclones a couple of times every single year and don't fail) speculated;

The simplest explanation is;

1) when SA turned off their wind turbines (representing 40% of their power) it caused a huge spike in demand that threatened to take down Victoria's and NSW's as well. So the other states just cut the infected limb free.

2) How could just 23 transmission towers carrying a single line shut down a whole state? When it went down it sent a cascading shock wave tripping every protection system en mass. Normally that shock gets absorbed by coal fired turbo generators spinning at 3000rpms. The more generators you have spread out the better the system absorb surges - but that simply doesn't exist in SA because (the fools :)) shut them ALL down.

Last edited:
All valid points about the reliable/stable coal power and the issue with renewable power. However 20 transmission towers is massive. Coal wouldnt of saved the state. 23 towers put huge pressure. Reason why vic had to isolate

A configuration of power sources linking to a centralised receiver is how the rest of the known universe avoid shutting down a whole region. Not SA who "configure" themselves with renewables that are unreliable, when renewable power shuts down the whole state reverts back to transmitted power from as far away as Victoria and NSW via a single flimsy overland conduit. At the heart of it no matter how this gets spun the issue is that renewable energy is not reliable.

Last edited:
Refresh our memories did the entire state of Louisiana black out when Hurricana Katrina struck?:D:D:D
Personally, I don't give a * what happens in the USA or the UK for that matter. I live here in Australia.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back