Lights Out!

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah they sure do. Completely thrive for manufacturing. Absolutely. Positively. Wrong. Manufacturing in this country is dead. Hi Tech industries are the way to go. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about on the subject. Your knowledge of SA so far has been proven to be incredibly shoddy, as if you lived here 30 years ago, never in the present.

I'd love to hear about the amazing industries SA has created that don't rely upon govt handouts.

The simple fact of the matter is SA will remain a basket case economically until it gets its power sector right.

Unfortunately SA is in love with its decisions and loves the welfare economy it has built. Sadly the state has become a leach on democracy.

I'd love to hear about the amazing industries SA has created that don't rely upon govt handouts.

The simple fact of the matter is SA will remain a basket case economically until it gets its power sector right.

Unfortunately SA is in love with its decisions and loves the welfare economy it has built. Sadly the state has become a leach on democracy.
So magically power is going to solve everything. So was it power that caused Holden to pull out? Was it power that caused Toyota and Ford to pull out of Victoria?

Such a 1990s view point. "Everything is fine with manufacturing"

So magically power is going to solve everything. So was it power that caused Holden to pull out? Was it power that caused Toyota and Ford to pull out of Victoria?

Such a 1990s view point. "Everything is fine with manufacturing"

Any other notable organisation citing power as one reason to shut down or worse not open?

Any other notable organisation citing power as one reason to shut down or worse not open?
Inability to export large volumes, high Australian dollar and high production costs (including labour). Many reasons, power may be one of them, but that was not the main one. Manufacturing is dead. Get. Over. It. Stop harking back to your glory days as a child when Daddy would get home from a long hard day at the factory and give you a sody pop.

Inability to export large volumes, high Australian dollar and high production costs (including labour). Many reasons, power may be one of them, but that was not the main one. Manufacturing is dead. Get. Over. It. Stop harking back to your glory days as a child when Daddy would get home from a long hard day at the factory and give you a sody pop.

I note some people's love affair with manufacturing.

Please note this is just one industry affected by SA power sector. Please think broader for not only those leaving but those not coming.

Secondly I would love to see the correlation between those whining about the govt not writing a cheque to the car industry and those claiming manufacturing is dead. I bet this is just another hypocrisy of the left.

Last edited:
Oh look, the Government lied to us. Let's see everyone who complained about Juliar now look the other way.
The last ten years has demonstrated very clearly that many Australians hold two completely different standards by which they hold governments to account.

The last ten years has demonstrated very clearly that many Australians hold two completely different standards by which they hold governments to account.

I dunno Gough. It's the coalition which is bleeding Votes at the moment so who knows?

Unless they get another John Howard who can successfully sell two incompatible messages they may be screwed

"Here we see frank and fearless departmental advice being ignored when it didn't suit a political agenda."

Madness to think that a political party which has raged war on climate change/renewables can be trusted to come up with sound Energy policy.

When you start with the premises that climate change is bullshit, and that putting a price on emissions is some sort of creeping communism as many conservatives in the Liberal party believe; it's pretty difficult to come up with even remotely sensible energy policy.

I do'nt actually think they do 'believe' , they are just playing the pipers tune. Malcolm certainly didnt before

I dunno Gough. It's the coalition which is bleeding Votes at the moment so who knows?

Unless they get another John Howard who can successfully sell two incompatible messages they may be screwed
Not with the assistance of the Herald Sun and MSM. While thats still the contemporary they will still be a major force in politics. Why do you think things like the NBN are so vehemently campaigned against...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder what energy prices went to trigger a GFC? I wonder if there is a correlation between energy prices and the economy?

Price_of_oil_%282003-2008%29.png

For me this highlights the importance of low OPEX reliable power production. I wonder what options SA should consider after learning from the past?

I wonder what energy prices went to trigger a GFC? I wonder if there is a correlation between energy prices and the economy?

Price_of_oil_%282003-2008%29.png

For me this highlights the importance of low OPEX reliable power production. I wonder what options SA should consider after learning from the past?

Low energy prices wont help sa, because if they are low in sa they will be lower in nsw and victoria because theyre both bigger buyers of energy

Energy pricing has nothing to do with sa's manufacturing demise.

Storage is slowly getting better, but not there yet.

The tesla units are a better, but need a lot of work

Also its illegal currently in au to power from the battery, without mains power

yep batteries are getting better and it's interesting to hear the technology is probably moving away from lithium. the concern over cycle decay and fire risk is probably going to see other technologies take the lead.

It will be a very interesting 5-10 year period seeing the industry mature

Low energy prices wont help sa, because if they are low in sa they will be lower in nsw and victoria because theyre both bigger buyers of energy

Energy pricing has nothing to do with sa's manufacturing demise.

why are you so stuck on just manufacturing?

Can you list the industries that wouldn't benefit from cheap reliable power?

You need CHEAPER power than other locations

If its cheaper for sa, its cheaper for Melbourne and sydney too. Nothing changes re: sa's lack of competitiveness

You need CHEAPER power than other locations

If its cheaper for sa, its cheaper for Melbourne and sydney too. Nothing changes re: sa's lack of competitiveness

Life doesn't work like that.

No matter what Vic or NSW do, SA should aim to for the cheapest, safe, most reliable and clean power it can achieve. It is the most responsible outcome for the benefit of all.

Life doesn't work like that.

No matter what Vic or NSW do, SA should aim to for the cheapest, safe, most reliable and clean power it can achieve. It is the most responsible outcome for the benefit of all.

How do sa get preferential pricing with the national grid?

Doesn't matter what it is we are short sighted. We live in a large land mass with a brutal climate. 47 degree heat waves and Sout sub 5 degrees are the norm. Our buildings and infrastructure are designed for perfect 24 degree days with minimal rain and wind. Building here is done on the cheap and we don't factor in variance. Same reason the PT system shits itself on any day over 35. Same reason in our homes we freeze to death in winter while the Danes live it up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back