Lights Out!

Remove this Banner Ad

CGT has nothing to do with this

This isnt about the tax environment not being unfavourable to investors. Its about our power stratgey being about picking winners.

The solar tower in mildura failed on inability to get govt support. Same with solar panel farms. Because of our huge coal assets we put all our eggs in the clean coal basket. Tried to reprocess coal to make it burn cleaner, tried ccs in morwell. All failed, and worst still multiple scientists warned at the start these projects were pure fantasy.

The renewable game can be won in one area, storage. What is australia doing in yhat? Sfa in hydrogen. Ceramic cells have all but been abandoned. Virtually nothing in chemical means.

We have a massive whopping desert, which could be a power monster if we figured out how to capture, store, and transport this energy for later use. Instead we keep going back to coal, and trying to find ways to store its enmissions (despite failing again and again)

I know that nickel producers, including the one that I work for are starting to seriously look at how they can piggyback on the growing battery market.

South Australian businesses are buying generators which will pollute the enviroment because of the unreliable power supply, its very ironic

Looking at the 730 report. Seems strange that part of the reason for high electricity prices is that we are selling most of the gas overseas
Yep, another great privatisation idea.
Domestic prices linked to overseas price and of course gas is currently in high demand.

Can't like enough

Talk about cheap energy it was never so cheap as when it was state owned. It never will be again it was accountable too

Wasn't the point of privatised that it would enable better technologies to take over?
That's not happening

..you forgot about the lower prices due to the competition. It's almost like the people who run banks and the fuel companies are running the public utilities that have been privatised.

Luckily there's never any collusion/gouging/price fixing.

South Australian businesses are buying generators which will pollute the enviroment because of the unreliable power supply, its very ironic
And how many are doing that. Where are your statistics? Where is your written proof? All you ever post is anecdotal evidence which is less trust worthy than Sean Spicer's #alternativefacts

And how many are doing that. Where are your statistics? Where is your written proof? All you ever post is anecdotal evidence which is less trust worthy than Sean Spicer's #alternativefacts

Its literally impossible to buy a generator in SA atm. We have to be realistic here. The average Australian doesnt care about green energy, they care about CHEAP energy. Cheap and reliable is far more important then green

Its literally impossible to buy a generator in SA atm. We have to be realistic here. The average Australian doesnt care about green energy, they care about CHEAP energy. Cheap and reliable is far more important then green
Again, where is your evidence? Other than anecdotal evidence that has been wrong before.

Jes you talk some rubbish! There is no ship(s) that carry sheep, iron ore, wine and uranium as a combined cargo anywhere in the world.

sorry, I should have said lamb not sheep

http://www.stuff.co.nz/environment/5876622/Radioactive-uranium-passing-through-NZ-ports

the article follow the Australian uranium to NZ but it doesn't mention what else is on board or what it picks up in NZ. but I can assure you it is wine and lamb.

nearly 100% of our uranium today goes to the US for enrichment before being transported around the world. That is starting to change with shipments to China direct.

Note 5,000t of uranium over 26 voyages is only around 200kg per shipment. That could fit in the captain's cabin.

Yeh funny that!

Thats another straight out lie, the knowledge of the contents of cargo including the types are strictly managed through such conventions as the ISPS Code; also I refuse to take you of all poster on your word or any assurance based upon your previous history.

I would love to hear what you think is on the vessels. Just 200kg of uranium?

The uranium industry is very small, meaning everyone knows each other's business.

For example no WA company has a licence to export, so a licence is borrowed from an NT non producer to export out of Port Adelaide. This is unlikely to change anytime soon.

Looking at the 730 report. Seems strange that part of the reason for high electricity prices is that we are selling most of the gas overseas

True

Selling gas in the international markets increases the price of gas due to demand increasing.

On the flip side, it also reduces the price of gas as supply can increase and spread the capital cost over greater volume.

This is not the real issue attested to by the price of gas delivered to Japan....cheap. The costs must be elsewhere.

Shippers are legally required to comply with various IMO conventions as well as the ISPS Code.

Knowledge of the contents of TEU's is strictly held with only the shippers, receivers and vessels Masters having knowledge of the contents of TEU's.

Your comment that you can assure me of what is being loaded and unloaded onto ships in NZ is just another one of your bullshit posts.

You are right, there is security for shipping and confidentiality forms part of that security.

However the industry does have inspectors, records and communicates.

When people do feasibilities on mining, shipping is a major consideration. The boutique nature of uranium raises simple questions, like why can't you ship uranium out of Fremantle or Esperance.

The reason is volumes and vessels that carry the uranium. That begs the question of what else is carried on the vessel and this is freely and openly discussed.

Further the industry is so small, it is widely known how and why the Japanese illegally and secretly shipped uranium in the 80s from WA.

In short the industry intimately understands its own industry. Including issues governed by code or considered Top Secret.

Thats all you needed to post, the rest is your usual white noise. :rolleyes:

Do you really think you can send uranium and not know where it is at all times?

Do you really think it goes into a black hole and just appear on the other side?

Do you really think that article about NZ, Australian uranium and tonnage could be written if it wasn't widely known?

You've jumped in to lay the boot but to ashamed to see common sense now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again, where is your evidence? Other than anecdotal evidence that has been wrong before.

What evidence do i need? Try and buy a generator right now. Ask a normal working person if they happily take cheap reliable energy over green exspensive energy. You would get a pretty logical answer. When you have pensioners and the working poor deciding if they should eat or have electricity (SA has a huge disconnection rate) being ignored so we can economically cripple ourselves with huge power and water costs, you know you have a huge problem

No I pulled up a known liar who was once again making s**t up.

Once again for you Power Raid, the contents of TEU's are for fairly obvious reasons kept strictly hidden and only known to the shippers, receivers, and the vessels Masters and owners. This knowledge is strictly governed by the ISPS Code, the IMDG Code, various conventions including SOLAS conventions, IMDG Code, INF Code. If anyone is openly & publicly stating they know the contents of all the TEU's being loaded/unloaded in any port , then give me there name and I'ii make sure they have their MSIC Revoked and they'll never work in the industry again.

Your so called 'assurance" that you know what is or isn't being loaded/unloaded in NZ ports from cargo vessels is stupidity of the highest order, but something I've come to expect from you!

Thats a joke isn't it, Power Raid and "Common Sense"!

What you are saying is correct. There are codes which govern confidentiality.

But if you think the industry doesn't know details, you are sadly mistaken.

What you are suggesting is government departments don't leak or know information about their sectors due to governance. The military same, companies and whistleblowers same, terrorist organisation same.

Codes reduce things generally to a need to know basis but as highlighted by the examples doesn't stop knowledge passing.

Do you live in the real world or truly believe what you are saying? Do you believe govt departments don't leak?

Give it up Power Raid you got caught out lying again and humiliated yourself like you have done previously. Do your usual trick and disappear into whatever hole you came from!

I admitted my mistake where I said sheep vs lamb

Can you admit your mistake confusing codes with cone of silence?

Why are we not fighting for what people want which is cheap reliable electricty. Privatisation of utilities is a terrible idea and there should be legislation protecting us from governments which want to do this. Otherwise wtf are we paying all these taxes for?

Unless we can make green energy cheap and reliable, we should not go down the green path. All the people want is affordable utilities, green or not that part is irrelevant

What evidence do i need? Try and buy a generator right now. Ask a normal working person if they happily take cheap reliable energy over green exspensive energy. You would get a pretty logical answer. When you have pensioners and the working poor deciding if they should eat or have electricity (SA has a huge disconnection rate) being ignored so we can economically cripple ourselves with huge power and water costs, you know you have a huge problem
Well I've asked everyone in my office and they'd prefer to breathe. They also don't own generators. Generators would also break noise limits imposed by councils. So how much more lying do you want to do?

Why are we not fighting for what people want which is cheap reliable electricty. Privatisation of utilities is a terrible idea and there should be legislation protecting us from governments which want to do this. Otherwise wtf are we paying all these taxes for?

Unless we can make green energy cheap and reliable, we should not go down the green path. All the people want is affordable utilities, green or not that part is irrelevant
That's it, * the future of the planet just so I can be a tight arse and save a few bon to spend on something utterly useless that I have to have right now.

You must live in old fart land where they only want everything just like how it was, and vote one nation. I'll stick to the progressive side of society and hope in 30 years I'm no sweating out 40 degrees in June.

You had no idea in regards to the regulation of the shipping industry and the carriage of cargos through ports in Australia or NZ. You had no idea about the ISPS Code, the IMDG Code, various conventions including SOLAS conventions, IMDG Code, INF Code etc etc.

Your statement that you know what is being loaded/unloaded in a NZ port showed once again how clueless you are.

As I said if anyone is openly & publicly stating they know the contents of all the TEU's being loaded/unloaded in any port , then give me there name and I'ii make sure they have their MSIC Revoked and they'll never work in the industry again.

giggle

wine, lamb, wine, lamb, wine, lamb

all of that emotion and you missed the reason the issue was raised was uranium is safe to transport.

Last edited:
It's not greenness to kill off the fossil fuel industry. Those reserves are harder and harder to extract. And don't we need what's displaced by green energy for the chemical industry?

Wind farms. Hydro solar. It's high tech you can't make it from knitted mud it needs metals plastics minerals.

What is the cheaper alternative?

Coal generators are expensive to build. Unlike renewables it will be impossible to find private funding.

Gas generation is only plausible if we abandon the RET and re-nationalise the system, otherwise gas prices and market cornering will just lead to the same problems we have now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back