Like Cricket, Should we introduce rain delays to AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

It makes complete sense.

-While we're not at a professional level, we shouldnt be letting water and soaked fields ruin our game into low scoring slugfests.
-Not to mention the health effects of these men running around in the rain for hours.
-Like the recent WACA test, it introduces a tension, Will they/wont they.
-Unfair on players to have an unpredictable bounce in wet conditions

I think im completely on the money here, Im suprised the AFLPA hasn't brought it up more

You're on something alright, just not the money.

Of course.

We should try to remove all external variables possible, including weather. It really isn't fair that some teams have to play in wind and rain more often than other teams. If the AFL were serious then every stadium used for senior football would have a roof.
Agree, the afl should not play in windy conditions. Cause Trent Cotchin.

Don’t know about policy, but I was sitting right next to the light tower that got struck when we played the swans a couple of years ago. Nearly deafened me, BOOOOM!

It happened during an extended quarter time break where the players were back in the dressing rooms waiting for it to settle down. Took a while before they came out again, after the field was cleared of debris.

lightening struck my house, during a party, a year or so back. The noise was so loud, people froze in shock and disbelief.

it's pretty frightening to think what could have happened.

d5be6bb5518665899eaaa7eb3a83ff6b.jpg
what a great idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course.

We should try to remove all external variables possible, including weather. It really isn't fair that some teams have to play in wind and rain more often than other teams. If the AFL were serious then every stadium used for senior football would have a roof.
Roovolution Snake_Baker kranky al
Get in here!

Last edited:
From the mainbored to the bay to the house.

All it needs is a move to the Kuckservative Korner

It makes complete sense.

-While we're not at a professional level, we shouldnt be letting water and soaked fields ruin our game into low scoring slugfests.
-Not to mention the health effects of these men running around in the rain for hours.
-Like the recent WACA test, it introduces a tension, Will they/wont they.
-Unfair on players to have an unpredictable bounce in wet conditions

I think im completely on the money here, Im suprised the AFLPA hasn't brought it up more
Hi Upgrayedd ,
What happens in the event of rain - who is declared the winner?
Is it whoever is in front at the time?
Do the AFL introduce their own Duckworth-Lewis System?
Do the players come back another night to finish the match (as was the case with Essendon and St Kilda when the Waverly lights went out)?

And what of the coverage? I just hope Channel 7 play old matches during rain delays instead of crossing over to repeats of Better Homes And Gardens.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back