Like, learn, hate - Round 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Like: Improved effort for Freo today, season can finally disappear - 6 months free of the stress of low scoring, nail biting games
Learnt: Nothing
Hate: Stress of university assignments

Liked:
Port destroying Gold Coast, further demonstrating the folly of their creation and pumping up Port's tyres, setting up for a spectacular failure in September. Popcorn ready.

Richmond have made the top 4. Good on them and Hardwick for turning it around, and I want them to win the flag if we can't. Popcorn ready.

GWS once again showing themselves to be pea-hearted. Bring on the qualifying final! Will be a tough game but I'm feeling cautiously optimistic.

This season. It's been a cracker already and the main show hasn't even started.

Hated:
Dees shooting themselves in the foot for the millionth time. I feel genuinely sorry for Melbourne supporters.

Geelong playing well and finishing 2nd. Despite beating them in the last match, I genuinely fear they will have our measure in finals.

Learnt:
Nothing new or surprising really, just the finals match-ups.

Loved - Rooey

Liked - West Coast sneaking in the 8 at the last minute ;)

Learnt - GWS could be in some strife, Richmond a genuine chance. Port the least deserving 5th placed side in the history of the game.

Hated - The fact that Nick Riewoldt will never play AFL again. Look forward to the EJ game next year when he rips it to shreds. Also hated Essendon winning, so pretty standard.

Favourite time of the year ahead, tempered by this stupid ******* bye. (will likely help Geelong with Selwood and Blicavs having a run then a week off)

Cats finish season off strongly, playing good footy with a head of steam after defeating 2 other top 4 sides in the last 3 weeks and the other beating a team that has been a real bogey team for Geelong.

Momentum now gone. * it right off.

Loved - Rooey

Liked - West Coast sneaking in the 8 at the last minute ;)

Learnt - GWS could be in some strife, Richmond a genuine chance. Port the least deserving 5th placed side in the history of the game.

Hated - The fact that Nick Riewoldt will never play AFL again. Look forward to the EJ game next year when he rips it to shreds. Also hated Essendon winning, so pretty standard.

Nick deserved at least one premiership, they got so agonisingly close, but oh well that's how it goes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wah wah wah...I'd be disappointed if we'd lost but still love the game.
You've seen a premiership. I haven't seen a final in 11 years.

True
Dude - we sulk if our team dares to miss finals

Those guys have a much harder row to hoe

True. Wish them well. Losing to Hawthorn twice in a GF is painful, i know how Geelong must've felt in the 90s. Beating them in a gf would be the best

Like - Richmond.

Learnt - Melbourne would have been the weakest team of the 8 if they had made it. As it stands West Coast is the weakest team of the 8.

Hated - Melbourne whinging about West Coast beating Adelaide. You had all season and yesterday to ensure finals. You weren't good enough and the ladder shows that. Just because Eagles are the worst side in the 8 doesn't automatically mean you deserve to be in the 8 ahead of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liked:
Great weekend of footy to wrap up the home and away season.

One of our excers Jacob Townsend again playing a great game for the Tigers. We knew he had heart and will and great to see him getting along.

:)We got the rubbish game out of our guys just in time for finals.
Just kidding, we were outcoached and outplayed by the Cats. I expected Coniglio to shut Dangerfield down, instead Scott Selwood and Kolodjashnij did great work shutting our guys down, including Cogs.

Learnt: Not a lot honestly, the better sides stood up. Feel for the Dees but they are on a Northerly trajectory, and still remind me of us 2015 a bit.

Hated: Not fond of the result Saturday night, but it was a fair one.

Liked: Essendon making finals.
James Stewart stepping up and kicking 4 goals.
Lewis Jetta's goal in 4th quarter of Eagles vs Crows.
Collingwood with significant injuries just going and giving everything and getting a win. Maybe the turning point of Buckley's career as a coach.
Franklin show at SCG and getting the Coleman.
Boekhorst saving his career at Carlton, should get a 1 year deal.

Learnt: GWS need to lift a gear to be a flag threat.
Richmond and Geelong hitting September with excellent form.
Melbourne needed Jack Viney who makes such a massive difference to that side.
Gold Coast need something special to happen in the off-season to reboot that club.
North Melbourne don't tank.

Hated: Brutal nature of footy with Melbourne missing finals by finishing 9th due to percentage. Melbourne fans been through very hard times and deserved some joy. At least with the young list it should happen next year.

Like: Cats Played a great game, peaking at the right time.

Learnt: Absolutely convinced Gold Coast must be disbanded, we've all learnt this is a waste of time.
Blue flames bring down the wall!

Hated : White shorts at home, white away strips in general, qualifying higher over a 22 round season only to be punished for it? The pre finals BYE, would rather go straight into it.

Liked:

- the H&A season going down to the final quarter of the final game
- us pinching a spot in the finals that we have no business having
- Subi getting a good send off
- Port molesting Gold Coast meaning we don't have to play Sydney

Learned:
- our older players are not quite dead (Priddis, LeCras, Mitchell, Petrie all contributors)
- we can kick a score without Kennedy kicking a bag
- Rory Sloane isn't as easily tagable as the meeja make our
- The Crouch brothers get nowhere near enough press

Hated:
- Kennedy not winning the Coleman (a great effort finishing 2nd missing 5 games, but 3 in a row would've been a good story)
- pretty much everything about Melbourne's effort vs Collingwood
- Ablett pulling out
- Gold Coast pulling out

Remove this Banner Ad

Back