Autopsy Liked, Learned, Hated - Rd 13

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Liked - Some great footy.
Giants win in Hobart against a Roo's outfit that had a ton of fight.

Hated - Crowd Fights again in Victoria.

Learned - Hmmm more reaffirmed - The media builds up outrage (the hug, security issues etc) then talks down to supporters saying they should not be outraged. :rolleyes:
It is possible to feel sorry for Hawks fans, your captain and President are *******s. Your club deserves better.

One image defines R13.

Liked how Sydney Stack hugged Eddie Betts after one of his specials from the boundary line.

Hated the uproar that it caused.

Learned that some followers of the AFL, cannot see the bigger picture of the importance of Indigenous players being celebrated by all supporters.

1560473152568_192111ddcc7f0532a5a0814b77c41b4f.jpeg

Liked
Betts and Stack. Just good stuff. Loved it.
The Suns continuing to be competitive.
Carlton vs Dogs
Freo
That Libba, Jenkins and King didn't suffer ACLs. There have been too many of them this season.

Learned
Crows, while not overly impressive, can easily finish top 4.
Saints have surprised me. 6-6 is a good result so far. Hannebury and Carlisle back probably next game.
Bombers will make the 8.
Brett Deledio is still a very, very good player.
It's not all doom and gloom for Port. They will get Wines and Dixon back next game.

Hated
Dwayne Russell ruining a terrific game of footy between Roos and Giants with his s**t self absorbed commentary.
Stratton pinching. He's better than that.

Feb 9, 2009
Footscray
AFL Club
Richmond
liked:
-stack and betts
-that the media has been willing to call out a dog act for once
-casboult behind the ball is something any idiot could have thought of, his intercept marking outside 50 was excellent. why didnt bolton do it before?
-walters: what not to like?
-fantasias response to stratton during the game. hate that he has to accept it but he kept his cool in game.

learned:
-there are still many in the media stuck in the 80s who think that competitive footy means belting blokes and hating each other
-even so, pinching and stomping is still unacceptable even to the players who players in the leigh matthews thug era
-falou just doesnt get why we all think he is a homophobic campaigner. news flash: you dont just get to say whatever horrible stuff yu want and avoid criticism or reasonable consequence in the name of religion. i wonder what gary 'i love gay people too' abblett thinks about his latest tirade?

hated:
-to be so close in the last quarter just shows how much of a wasted year injuries has made this for us. throw in either of astbury or rance and any 2/3 of cotchin, reiwoldt, lambert, edwards and nankervis and we probably win. i wasnt optimistic we would win this year anyway, but fate has made it a definite that we wont.
-stratton probably wont get what he deserves anyway. if running elbows to the face arent enough potential to cause injury, surely a few pinches and a stomp to the foot isnt.
-more knee injuries.
-freo's carry on against port. gottta agree with cornes, its very arrogant for a team that was hardly thrashing an opponent and is only maybe playing finals.
-fantasias response to stratton after the game. should have called it out, players code shouldnt extend to childish sniping and coward acts. doesnt have to call him a dog straight up, but id have loved him to say something like "i take it as a compliment that he has to resort to that stuff to try and beat me instead of beating me with footy ability"

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
Learned that our season is now over. Again. Due to poor decisions at the selection table. We needed to bring in more midfield run and grunt against the Giants, and to counter the loss of Higgins. Instead we brought in a half forward who's hardly played all year and doesn't get a lot of it.

Jul 28, 2012
Melbourne, the lost City.
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
QPR, Buffalo Bills
Liked: Nothing in what was one of the worst weekends for AFL football in history.

Learned: Gil has lost complete control and is being poorly advised..

Hated: I never like the BYE round, i didn't like opposition players hugging during the game, do it after the siren when the game is over, the security officers at Marvel stadium have gone way too far, pinching, The game has gone mad

May 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Brooklyn Nets, New York Jets
Liked:
- Sydney Stack showing some love for good football
- Carlton’s last quarter fight back (a definite by product of 6/6/6)
- Adelaide continuing to just do what they need to do to make finals
- Jack Billings finally taking a game by the scruff of the neck.

Hated:
- Week 2 of 3 week bye round, either make it a split round or give everyone a week off, it drags for too long.

- Ben Stratton (only because he is captain, every club has scraggers but just not a good look when it’s your captain)

- Ben Brown still getting away with that absurd run up. 37 steps at one point!

Learned:
- Freo can match it with anyone and are a dark horse

- None of Hawthorn, Richmond or Essendon are making the 8

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
Liked:
- Sydney Stack showing some love for good football
- Carlton’s last quarter fight back (a definite by product of 6/6/6)
- Adelaide continuing to just do what they need to do to make finals
- Jack Billings finally taking a game by the scruff of the neck.

Hated:
- Week 2 of 3 week bye round, either make it a split round or give everyone a week off, it drags for too long.

- Ben Stratton (only because he is captain, every club has scraggers but just not a good look when it’s your captain)

- Ben Brown still getting away with that absurd run up. 37 steps at one point!

Learned:
- Freo can match it with anyone and are a dark horse

- None of Hawthorn, Richmond or Essendon are making the 8
Hahahah good one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
I genuinely believe that, Richmond’s run home is tough and you’ve been cruelled by injuries
We start getting players back from R15 (Cotchin, Astbury, Edwards and likely Lambert) before Riewoldt, Ross and Short return with in 3 weeks after that.
Our run home is no tougher than our first 13 (consider 3 of our games are matches we've already had, 2 of them are home returns so hypothetically easier, and the remaining games are St Kilda (MRVL), Gold Coast (MS), Brisbane (MCG) and West Coast (MCG)).
For us to miss the 8 we would need to perform worse than we have all year, despite what I would argue is a slightly easier draw, and probably a near-full strength squad. There is a chance of us missing finals, but at the moment I'd have our top 4 chances higher, and they aren't too high at the moment.

May 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
We start getting players back from R15 (Cotchin, Astbury, Edwards and likely Lambert) before Riewoldt, Ross and Short return with in 3 weeks after that.
Our run home is no tougher than our first 13 (consider 3 of our games are matches we've already had, 2 of them are home returns so hypothetically easier, and the remaining games are St Kilda (MRVL), Gold Coast (MS), Brisbane (MCG) and West Coast (MCG)).
For us to miss the 8 we would need to perform worse than we have all year, despite what I would argue is a slightly easier draw, and probably a near-full strength squad. There is a chance of us missing finals, but at the moment I'd have our top 4 chances higher, and they aren't too high at the moment.

You must be watching a different Richmond to the one I’ve been watching lately? That’s a very optimistic view

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
You must be watching a different Richmond to the one I’ve been watching lately? That’s a very optimistic view
The side who took us to 7-3 was completely stuffed from having to constantly play above themselves, hence why we didn’t give a yelp after quarter time of the Geelong game and faded late against the Crows. The North and earlier Bulldogs games were inexcusable I’ll concede, but I think it’s fair to expect performances like that to be less common with a side that looks more like our 2018 side.

May 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
The side who took us to 7-3 was completely stuffed from having to constantly play above themselves, hence why we didn’t give a yelp after quarter time of the Geelong game and faded late against the Crows. The North and earlier Bulldogs games were inexcusable I’ll concede, but I think it’s fair to expect performances like that to be less common with a side that looks more like our 2018 side.

I’m not wedded either way mate, just my opinion anyway.

I hope for your sake the tigers get there. Much rather see them in the 8 than the likes of Brisbane, Port or Fremantle. There’s nothing better than the atmosphere of an AFL final series in Melbourne that has multiple big Vic clubs involved

Loved- attending Thursday night footy and watching a win against our biggest Victorian rival
Liked- Port’s upset win against the Cats and Sydney’s win over Hawthorn
Learned- Gambling is punished far more seriously than other vices because of the $$$ at stake
Hated- the MRP’s inconsistency in adjudicating incidents

Remove this Banner Ad

Back