Opinion Liked, Learnt and Hated - Round 6 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Liked: The neutral venues throwing up some unusual results.

Learnt: Robbie Fox could be the new All Australian Full Back.

Hated: No Gatorade Shower or Song for Izak Rankine after his stunning debut, richly deserved.

Liked - #lazyandunfit and Nics brilliant comeback, legendary.
Seeing my Carlton friends experiencing some real joy.
Learnt - My tipping is a lost cause
Hated - Some truly awful games

Liked
Dons - RFC circa 2017? G&D is fashionable.
Blues - Exciting strong, and clinical.
NicNat - nice responce.

Hated
Dimma not taking responsibilty. Don't complain don't explain to the media bums.
Saints collapse.

Learned: Eagles and Tiges will still be in the hunt.
Eagles yep, I agree. Still got major concerns with how the Tigers are playing and in a shorter season cant drop too many more before we get to full strength.

Without trying to disrespect the Swans, that performance we put in won't beat too many other sides.

Hated

- 2020 in general. With Heeney gone for the season, and Kennedy essentially gone for the season with the Swans playing some rather bad football even with those two I learned this week that I am suddenly much more interested in the draft than I usually am after round 6.

Liked: Most exciting team to watch this weekend was the Blues. Also very much liked Geelong's 3Q against Brisbane - it brought back memories of 2007-2011 Geelong
Learnt: The 8 is starting to take shape with early strong performers falling away
Hated: Swans uber negative game v Richmond. Arguably the worst game of football in 9 years

Liked: Carlton becoming a team I actually want to watch
Learnt: The flag race is wide open
Hated: Teams still focusing more on keeping their opposition to a losing score instead of trying to kick a winning score

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liked: Pies coming out with a response after the last couple week. Will Kelly's debut 30 years after his father won a premiership.
Learned: Izak Rankine is gonna become some player... :O Atu can actually play. I didn't think he was ready at all.
hated: Will Kelly's injury that has ended his season. Footy can be cruel.
The Rich/Syd game.

Liked: Dimma having a crack at Longmire's flood tactics. As Dimma said, only one side was even trying to attack, so don't question me. Longmire clearly learnt something from Buckley in Rd 2.

Lots of criticism of the game (even though it was mainly played in pouring rain), and channeling the Paul Kelly song Bradman, "there's two sides out there, and only one of them is playing [footy]".

hawthorn has almost garrotted themselves in this latest round...
not not almost but have given themselves an uppercut..
disappointed and trying to reconcile the level of enthusiasm...

Liked: Geelong, Ablett; WC Eagles, Nic Naitanui.
----- Carlton swamped WB -> with WB easily winning the free kick count, again :oops:

Learnt: Not to write off (or pump up) teams too early, esp in 2020

Disliked: Saints going down like that :mask: Also Gold Coast, Swans & GWS Giants losing

Last edited:
Liked Jack Martin Gun, Few Good Games To Watch,Some Young Stars Continue Staring And Show Footy Going In The Right Direction
The Horse Funny Comment To Damian Hardwick
Disliked
Same Old GWS Kelly And Coniglio Having No Impact On The Result
Hawthorn Playing Boring Footy
Damian Hardwick Been A Been A Smartass Again

Liked: NicNat = class act

Learned: Maybe the last few years of teasing my Carlton supporting brother are coming to an end.

Nah lol

Hated: Dylan Shiel applying the mayonnaise with a trowell - geez Mr Tribunal, but I'm a good bloke. I should get off because I'm as vanilla as an Eskimo Pie. Dude, you ran past the ball and smashed a kid.

LIKED... the fairness and unpredictable results of reduced home ground advantages for some clubs.

LEARNT....its pretty well even between the teams.

HATED...Disparity in free kick counts continues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back