Opinion Liked, Learnt, Hated - AFL 2020 Finals/Grand Final Edition. Congrats Tigers!

Remove this Banner Ad

Gainzo

Team Captain
Aug 7, 2003
Nashua, New Hampshire
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bruins, Celtics, Hibs
Liked: Paddy Ryder playing like a champ. BOG in my opinion.
Learnt: The Pies have some pride with a gutsy win in Perth.
Hated: Paddy gets his 1st win in finals and does his hammy in the last minute of the match.

RedWhite&Blue

Premiership Player
Jul 21, 2005
Vic
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Saints being the finals bolter...

Finals footy is always at another level...

It seems we get to the final four teams left and it’s the same status quo boring shitful faces of the teams representing Vic

Last edited:

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
I learned the Tigers are a self declared "Great team"

Tigers coach Damien Hardwick defended his players and blamed viewers for focusing on the negatives.

“Great teams always play on the edge and the fact of the matter is it’s a big boys’ game,” he said post-game.

Nov 11, 2010
Punt Rd End
AFL Club
Richmond

Tigers coach Damien Hardwick defended his players and blamed viewers for focusing on the negatives.

“Great teams always play on the edge and the fact of the matter is it’s a big boys’ game,” he said post-game.

What would you call a team that has won 2 of the last 3 flags and competed in the last 4 prelims?

Oct 2, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brothers of Destruction

queensberryrules

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood

I learnt that you are a moron.
The statement was clearly aspirational, playing on the edge as a criterion for attaining greatness, as your club did and as RFC is getting closer to.

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Semi-Final edition:

Liked- Nothing

Learnt- Teams are a reflection of their coaches.

Hated- Always admired Richmond and the way they play until this year, you've changed.

andon

Team Captain
Jul 26, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Liked the way the Cats played, what an class exhibition.

Learned the Saints will be top 6 next year.

Hated the injury to Paddy Ryder, made a massive difference to the Saints momentum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Preliminary Finals:

Liked- Tom Lynch and his interaction with the young Port Adelaide fan, touching and tissue worthy.

Learnt- The deliberate out of bounds rule can change overnight.

Hated- Young Coleman getting dropped for Ellis-Yolmen, even with the hyphen was very poor.

queensberryrules

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Learnt Lions a year or 2 early, many duped in and outside the club they are ready now. 2017 spooners to a 2020 pf is awesome progress.

Cats are extremely determined and prior form against RFC may go in their favour.

Trent Cotchin is a terrif captain.

Motorbikes have accelerators on both handles.

Celebrate goals with caution and respect, young fellas, lest you end up with s**t in face.

Feb 9, 2009
Footscray
AFL Club
Richmond
Learnt Lions a year or 2 early, many duped in and outside the club they are ready now. 2017 spooners to a 2020 pf is awesome progress.

Cats are extremely determined and prior form against RFC may go in their favour.

Celebrate goals with caution and respect, young fellas, lest you end up with sh*t in face.
* i hate the motorcycle thing. i like charlie as a player, but they banned over the top celebrations in the gridiron for a reason

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond

Celebrate goals with caution and respect, young fellas, lest you end up with sh*t in face.
I really feel some clubs have quite a few “over celebrators” port probably number 1, seems like they’ve been number 1 on that card since their inception however Brisbane are slowly catching them.

Jun 6, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood

The celebration is fine.

It's when he acts like a dick regarding the player on the mark that irks me. Nearly every time he points behind the actual mark and the umpire never gets sucked in. Wish he would just quit it and go back and kick the ball.

Learnt- The deliberate out of bounds rule can change overnight.

If I was an AFL coach, I'd be seriously asking the umpires which rules we were playing this week using that as an example.

Perhaps not this week of course, but it is just ridiculous how rule interpretations change not just from week to week but from from match to match.

Let's have 1 set of rules, interpreted the same way, all year. It's not rocket science.

Back