Liked, Learnt, Hated Round 15

Remove this Banner Ad

Liked:
- Plenty of good quality games with a fair amount of goals being kicked.
- The faux outrage at Barry Hall. Who among us could have imagined that a moronic footballer would talk on radio like... a moronic footballer.

Learnt:

- Yet more confirmation that Richmond don't remotely rely on four players to win, against quality opposition and away from the MCG.
- Gary Rohan is almost in Cyril Rioli territory when it comes to reputation vs actual output. Impressive that he's maintained that for nine seasons now.
- Starting to look like Geelong just aren't good or consistent enough to challenge this season.

Hated:

- Commentators. Granted it's like shooting fish in a barrel but I wish I had a AK47 and the 2nd Amendment when these clowns get going.

Liked: The amount of criticism being directed towards James Parsons and the MC for continually selecting him by Cats fans.

Learnt: James Parsons clearly has mind control powers or damning evidence over Chris Scott which is surely the only reason he is both on an AFL list and somehow getting senior games.

Hated: The inclusion of James Parsons in Geelong's senior team. He is probably the worst player to play seniors in the AFL for over a decade.

Fair, balanced assessment.

Although I would have liked some mention of James Parsons in there, his selection has been frustrating for some of us.*

(* - I couldn't call him the worst player in a decade. Josh Cowan has that sewn up. Quite appropriately.)

Liked: St Kilda risk-and-reward footy, Tigs v Swans on a Thursday night, upsets and high scores
Learnt: Lions could finally be turning the corner, Melbourne are hard to beat at clearances but easy beats when matched, protected zone needs to be addressed during the off season in some shape or form.
Hated: Umpires getting overly involved too often, Giants returning to the the 8

You get a really good insight into the psyche of fan bases by reading these posts.

Never ceases to amaze me how Richmond fans think the world revolves around them. Its actually funny reading their posts.

"Liked: Richmond obviously". Why even post that? "Hated: Conca's injury". Oh did a Richmond player get injured? Jeez that's really gonna shake up my plans for this week....
Id offer you a snack but I see you already have some

thumb_IMG_1045_1024_original.jpg

You get a really good insight into the psyche of fan bases by reading these posts.

Never ceases to amaze me how Richmond fans think the world revolves around them. Its actually funny reading their posts.

"Liked: Richmond obviously". Why even post that? "Hated: Conca's injury". Oh did a Richmond player get injured? Jeez that's really gonna shake up my plans for this week....
well, it is their opinion right? Pretty sure people should be able to post whatever they individually liked, learned and hated, that being, y'know, the entire point of the thread...

Nothing quite as laughable as someone claiming another person's opinion on something that is 100% subjective is wrong when compared to their own opinion. The irony is off the charts. Get some self-awareness mate

It was a great round of footy and one of the best if not the best of the year. Every game meant something, had a story line to it and there were some good upsets.

Tigers-Swans - good game played at a high tempo. Tiges still the best in the business.
Dogs-Cats - exceptionally good game. Great win for the dogs and the Cats are pretenders.
Blues-Port - the blues were competitive for much of the game and the power kept up with the top 4.
Crows-Eagles - good come back by the Crows salvaging their season. Eagles in all sorts atm.
GWS-Hawks - GWS would have been 6pts behind the hawks if they lost. Good fight by both teams
GC-Pies - Pies go top 2
Saints-Dees - great high scoring contest. Good game. Dees are mentally fragile.
Roos-Dons - refer above and dons kept their season alive.
Freo-Lions - Lions destroyed Freo's season, or Freo destroyed their own. Lions shocked them and played good footy which they've did throughout the year.

Many teams had an 8 point game at stake. Good round, good results, good footy.

well, it is their opinion right? Pretty sure people should be able to post whatever they individually liked, learned and hated, that being, y'know, the entire point of the thread...

Nothing quite as laughable as someone claiming another person's opinion on something that is 100% subjective is wrong when compared to their own opinion. The irony is off the charts. Get some self-awareness mate
What opinion did i say was wrong?

well said

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't even respond to a simple question. Congrats on ticking your white knight box for the day.

Can't even respond to a simple question. Congrats on ticking your white knight box for the day.
lol you mean the question you asked at 7 o'clock last night? You're having a little bitch because I haven't been on bigfooty for 12 hours? Have a cry diddums!

What opinion did i say was wrong?
Richmond supporters, by castigating them for expressing it. The irony of you accusing others of thinking the world revolves around them, when it's you in a thread about an entirely subjective having a moan about them having an opinion, is really quite remarkable.

Like I said, you really should get some self-awareness

lol you mean the question you asked at 7 o'clock last night? You're having a little bitch because I haven't been on bigfooty for 12 hours? Have a cry diddums!

Richmond supporters, by castigating them for expressing it. The irony of you accusing others of thinking the world revolves around them, when it's you in a thread about an entirely subjective having a moan about them having an opinion, is really quite remarkable.

Like I said, you really should get some self-awareness
A) You do realise you can check when people are on BigFooty, both actively posting and viewing the website? You'd think i'd do that multiple times before posting right? So i don't even need to call bullshit, it just is.

B) I think perhaps you should go back and read my original post. You rambled some rubbish off about subjective opinion and me claiming it was wrong, and hence the lack of awareness, I'm asking you where in that post i said anyone's opinion was wrong, or even mentioned the idea that someone isn't allowed to have an opinion?

I think the issue probably here is you've jumped at the possibility to act like a white knight and made a whole bunch of inferences from a post to make yourself feel good and forgot what was actually said in the post, now realizing that your getting defensive. The REAL irony is i posted an opinion (that you can tell a lot about a supporter base based on what they post here), and you make an aggressive post at my opinion (which, until you point out where i did that, we will have to agree i never did), telling me I don't have the right to tell people they can't have an opinion (which is quite literally, no subjective inference here, what you just did).

I'm sure that'll fly straight over your head but i thought it was an interesting takeaway.

A) You do realise you can check when people are on BigFooty, both actively posting and viewing the website? You'd think i'd do that multiple times before posting right? So i don't even need to call bullshit, it just is.

B) I think perhaps you should go back and read my original post. You rambled some rubbish off about subjective opinion and me claiming it was wrong, and hence the lack of awareness, I'm asking you where in that post i said anyone's opinion was wrong, or even mentioned the idea that someone isn't allowed to have an opinion?

I think the issue probably here is you've jumped at the possibility to act like a white knight and made a whole bunch of inferences from a post to make yourself feel good and forgot what was actually said in the post, now realizing that your getting defensive. The REAL irony is i posted an opinion (that you can tell a lot about a supporter base based on what they post here), and you make an aggressive post at my opinion (which, until you point out where i did that, we will have to agree i never did), telling me I don't have the right to tell people they can't have an opinion (which is quite literally, no subjective inference here, what you just did).

I'm sure that'll fly straight over your head but i thought it was an interesting takeaway.
you didn't express an opinion, you made statements, statements which made you look like a petulant child, in my opinion of course

you were checking my profile to see when I was on BigFooty to see when I was going to respond to your post?

lol

you were checking my profile to see when I was on BigFooty to see when I was going to respond to your post?

lol
It's super hard to go on someones profile and see if they have made a post. Super hard.

Don't shoot the messenger, you're the one posting inaccuracies, im just pointing them out for you. Feel free to respond to any questions I've asked at some point too.

you didn't express an opinion, you made statements, statements which made you look like a petulant child, in my opinion of course
And you're allowed to have an opinion, and think my opinion is dumb.

That's how the internet works, but that relationship breaks down if people start making crap up and misrepresenting (or in this case straight up lying) about other peoples opinions.

EDIT: Oh and btw, a statement can be an opinion too...

It's super hard to go on someones profile and see if they have made a post. Super hard.

Don't shoot the messenger, you're the one posting inaccuracies, im just pointing them out for you. Feel free to respond to any questions I've asked at some point too.
no it's not hard. It is pretty sad though. Although it's a bit flattering that you're so invested in what I'm going to say next and when I'm going to say it I guess, as personally I'm forgetting you exist the minute I hit post reply

no it's not hard. It is pretty sad though. Although it's a bit flattering that you're so invested in what I'm going to say next and when I'm going to say it I guess, as personally I'm forgetting you exist the minute I hit post reply
- "Sorry wasn't on BigFooty"
- "Ah sorry mate your clearly lying i can see you were"
- "OMG what a stalker, so flattering though"

Embarrassing yourself a bit there mate.

Can someone say "micro-aggression" or "hate-speech"?

Dont hear these terms enough these days.

Also, why won't anyone stalk me?

Liked - the dance West Coast Eagles players Jetta,Ryan and Rioli were caught doing by the cameras at half time in the changerooms. On the walk into the Perth Stadium I have seen young indiginous Eagles supporters doing the same dance many times and it adds a nice bit of local cultural flavour to the show I reckon.
Also liked Quinton Narkles lovely blond locks flowing in the breeze.Thats another uniqueish Western Australian thing.Possibly due to the number of Dutch shipwrecks in the 16th century maybe not but the blondes were definetly here before the settlers .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back