Autopsy Liked, Learnt, Hated. Round 5 2019. The tipsters worst nightmare continues..

Remove this Banner Ad

Liked:

The Blues first win. It looked like it was coming but the Blues faithful must have been running out of patience.

Eddie Betts 6 goals in his 300th game. Eddie is class in everything he does.

The Saints continue to defy the pundits and I'm not sure where it ends. I think it might be in September sometime.

Learnt:

The Cats are gonna be there at the pointy end. They seem well balanced, strong in the air and at ground level. They've been consistent as well which is a good sign. The Eagles game next week is the two best teams in 2019 so far and should be a ripper.

The Dockers are a team to be taken seriously (lol). I don't think we did much wrong, so I'm not too pissed. We were outplayed by a better team on the day, and the bookies got it badly wrong.

Hated:

Nothing this week.
Eagles are 2nd best team this year? They've been spanked home and away!

Learnt: The Dees are doing what the Tigers did after a few elimination final losses. Taking a step backward to address the glaring deficiencies exposed in September, to take two steps forward. Just a theory.

Learnt: Dayne Zorko is a sniper and Michael Christian is a dick (actually I already knew that).

Learnt: Richmond paying tribute to the passing of Tom 'I've been at the club for 2 seconds' Lynch's grandfather is a frivolous use of black tape.

Learnt: Doc Reid is recovering from a cancer scare. All the best to the Doc. Hopefully the Essendon 34 don't suffer similarly, but if they do, the Doc is well equipped to walk them through it. Seeing David 'I'm afraid of needles' Zaharakis sitting next to the Doc was poetic.

Hated: The Kangaroos think that the best way to lock down Good Friday is to stand around like witches hats. Way to go fellas! Any chance you could put a bruise on Essendon, you know, with Anzac Day coming up and all? Thanks for nothing.

Liked: The Eagles are suffering because they train on a hard Optus surface (according to their coach). Hurray!

Hated: James Aish should retire after yet another concussion. Enough is enough. Just walk away.

Learnt: Sydney are learning to survive without cola. Not easy, is it? I'm gonna call it right now. I reckon the party's over. What an ugly era it was for aussie rules.

Liked: Hawks fans showing the rest of the comp which players to boo. Thanks for that. I can never decide when playing Geelong. So many options. Ablett it is.

Liked: The comp in general, very even and hard to pick a winner.

Learnt: Unlike last season, the gap between West Coast best and worse is significant
Hated: the gap between West Coast best and worst is significant

Liked:
Port - good coaching from Hinkley. Eagles needed a wake up call.
Saints - Jarryn Geary showing the traits of a very good leader.
Eddie Betts - class act on and off the field
Freo's win - brilliant. So much fun to watch and a real refresher from the standard Ross Lyon style. Taberner would be top 10 forward if he could kick straighter.
Geelong vs Hawks - damn good game. Loving Gary Ablett.
Carlton - finally got 100. Great games by SPS, Cripps and McKay. Good looking spine for the future.

Learnt:
The competition as whole is so even. Gone are the days of a team losing only 2-4 games a year.
Losing Lycett was a bigger loss than first thought.
Dees need help. Seems to be a slight attitude issue amongst some players.

Disliked:
The Dees performance. They were going so welll last year. Real disappointment.
Swans.
Doggie. Cant figure out where they are at.
Eagles. Sam Mitchell leaving has clearly had a massive impact. Midfield not great.
Persecution of Gary Ablett all week. He's allowed to have his own religious beliefs. It's called freedom of religion and freedom of speech.

Hated:
Damien Barrett. Absolute jerk. Has no idea what it's like to be a player and thinks he knows everything. Joke of a journo who just causes problems. He's like that bully at school who hounds and harassed anyone who calls him out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back