Prediction Likely trades from your team this off season

Remove this Banner Ad

The further we go in finals the less our options are for doing something with it. A few on our board like the idea of swapping it with Collingwoods 2021 first with some second and third round swaps also included to get us some points back for this year.

Thoughts on a trade with Adelaide? Adelaide have 2 x 2nds already, at least another coming in with the Atkins compo.

I've had a Geelong supporting mate (unlikely I know) that usually gets decent intel.

He's told me the Geelong has offered picks 11, 15 & 16 for Hawthorn's pick 4 which must mean they've got someone in particular they're after.

Very doubtful we'll even consider giving that pick up as it's the first high-end pick we've had in around 15 years.

My question is are there any in the know Geelong peeps that can confirm this either way?

He's also said you're chasing Worpel again (for like the 3rd time) but he's staying put which speaks volumes for the kid.

I've had a Geelong supporting mate (unlikely I know) that usually gets decent intel.

He's told me the Geelong has offered picks 11, 15 & 16 for Hawthorn's pick 4 which must mean they've got someone in particular they're after.

Very doubtful we'll even consider giving that pick up as it's the first high-end pick we've had in around 15 years.

My question is are there any in the know Geelong peeps that can confirm this either way?

He's also said you're chasing Worpel again (for like the 3rd time) but he's staying put which speaks volumes for the kid.

It would be for tilthorpe (if he gets that far I imagine) but i doubt we would do that trade it's overs...11 15 16 for 4 and a pick in the 20s would be more realistic but it's the sort of trade you don't do until draft night until you know who's available at your pick.

For you guys, that would actually make a lot of sense, considering you're entering a rebuild. 3 picks in that range versus one, means you can let late/rookie drafted players go who aren't doing much, and bring in 3 talented players like a Will Day at Pick 13 last year.

I wouldn't be against it tbh, as it means we won't have to give up list spots either, and can chase a few FA's/trades if we want (the media thinks there'll be 15 players coming our way haha)

Maybe Pick 4 and your Future 2nd (likely Pick 20-25 for Picks 11,15, 16 and our future 2nd (likely Pick 28-36)?

I might be selfish but I would much prefer us to have 3 throws at the dart board than one throw.
After watching his highlights I don’t think I’ve ever seen a big man like him kicking so effortlessly on both sides of his body.
So if that’s the move GFC decide to make I trust them
But we need more top end youth, just like you do.
If I was Hawthorn and had that thrown at me I would jump at it quickly

I might be selfish but I would much prefer us to have 3 throws at the dart board than one throw.
After watching his highlights I don’t think I’ve ever seen a big man like him kicking so effortlessly on both sides of his body.
So if that’s the move GFC decide to make I trust them
But we need more top end youth, just like you do.
If I was Hawthorn and had that thrown at me I would jump at it quickly

Definitely agree, just sounded like you had someone particular in mind if making that kind of move.

Not sure which player you're referring to though.

Thanks for the response mate, much appreciated!

Last edited:
For you guys, that would actually make a lot of sense, considering you're entering a rebuild. 3 picks in that range versus one, means you can let late/rookie drafted players go who aren't doing much, and bring in 3 talented players like a Will Day at Pick 13 last year.

I wouldn't be against it tbh, as it means we won't have to give up list spots either, and can chase a few FA's/trades if we want (the media thinks there'll be 15 players coming our way haha)

Maybe Pick 4 and your Future 2nd (likely Pick 20-25 for Picks 11,15, 16 and our future 2nd (likely Pick 28-36)?

Couldn't agree more and think it makes sense for both clubs given where we're both at in terms of list quality and depth.

The only counterargument would be that we need elite talent as well though and generally speaking that's in the first few picks of each draft.

I guess it all depends on what we're going to prioritise at the moment, list depth or targeting one of the few elites in this year's draft.

Personally I'd be all for that move as long as it didn't involve a swapping of second picks like you've eluded to because our second next year will be start of round most likey and would effectively mean we're close to losing out on one of the first obtained this year.

Anyway just thought it was interesting and that I'd share.

Thanks for the response mate!

For that to happen the cats would be very confident that Cameron and Crouch will sign and we dont need so many picks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a prediction, I think:
we re-sign Moore, De Goey, Daicos and Mihocek
Acquire one of B Brown or Gunston at trade (I wish both)
Reid, Langdon, Beams, Dunn and Varcoe retire.
Delist 3 or 4 of Broomhead, Appleby, Wills, Lynch,
Trade 1 or 2 of Scharenberg, Phillips, Thomas

Ideally, for me i want to get Brown and Gunston, have all those bokes retire (not Langdon if hes fit), trade Phillips and Thomas, keep Scharenberg, re-sign the 4 blokes I mentioned and delist all the blokes I listed. However that is in a perfect world and wont happen.
I think getting both Brown and Gunston is realistic with a bit of room cleared from the cap.

2021 2nd + Phillips for Ben Brown
2021 1st + 2021 2nd for Jack Gunston + 2020 3rd.

Last edited:
As a prediction, I think:
we re-sign Moore, De Goey, Daicos and Mihocek
Acquire one of B Brown or Gunston at trade (I wish both)
Reid, Langdon, Beams, Dunn and Varcoe retire.
Delist 3 or 4 of Broomhead, Appleby, Wills, Lynch,
Trade 1 or 2 of Scharenberg, Phillips, Thomas

Ideally, for me i want to get Brown and Gunston, have all those bokes retire (not Langdon if hes fit), trade Phillips and Thomas, keep Scharenberg, re-sign the 4 blokes I mentioned and delist all the blokes I listed. However that is in a perfect world and wont happen.
I think getting both Brown and Gunston is realistic with a bit of room cleared from the cap.

2021 2nd + Phillips for Ben Brown
2021 1st for Jack Gunston
Gunston will cost more than a future first

Not neccessarily likely but I'd happily do a straight swap of Blakely for Narkle.

Both fringe players..could live with that. List wise I'd prefer to trade Narkle for a ruck though.

I wanted Crouch at the start but since hearing Vineys name I would much prefer to take him.
If it’s a matter of school yard picking one from the wall I would take Viney every day.
It all depends on if we can get either of them via free agency or trade
If only a trade is available to Viney and can get Crouch for free I would take Crouch.
Vice Versa also

How come Dunstan doesnt get much game time this year?
Played round 1, then was one of three players to get dropped for round 2. Tore a pectoral muscle in a practice match 2 weeks later that required surgery. That ruled him out for the majority of the season, been playing in the scratch matches for the last month. Was considered for selection against the Giants but Hannebury came in instead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back